THE REAL [GOD] = ALLAH ...... join here you all need to know

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by muhammad, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surenderer Registered Senior Member

Well I partly agree with you but the Muslim viewpoint(as I understand it) is that the Creator gave us the ability to understand things without these hallucingens....do people really become smarter when they smoke weed? or drink alchohol? dont they usually become more aggressive? are more crimes committed by people on or off drugs? Surely you arent telling me that the consumption of Drugs arent a major problem of todays societyI also disagree with you about Islam not wanting Muslims to have direct experience with the Creator because actually thats what Islam is all about(thats why we dont have a Pope) you just shouldnt do it high

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Islam however doesnt say that anyone that uses intoxitants is going to Hell but just that if you are to be a Muslim that you should refrain from it........peace to you

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. duendy Registered Senior Member

well, it really is the same thing. Exclusion. a socially transmitted sense of shame if you were to experiment spiritually with the aid of hallucinogens

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

Your idea about spiritual experience not withstanding, what hallucinogens do is just screwing up your normal process of brain, inducing false senses till they are spent up and leave you in a mess at the end of the session. For short term ecstacy or just to escape from stable current reality with all its goods and bads, you may go for hallucinogens. With all the youth of a society end up as drug users, that society - whether matricarchal or patriarchal or whatever - cannot dream up any progress/stability. Its is as good as impotent and dead.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. surenderer Registered Senior Member

Duendy,
    I respect you and agree with most of your posts but yours here is kinda hard to understand but if you are saying that the War on Drugs is a shame(another topic all together) then I agree with you but the reason why it is fake is because the Goverment makes much money off of illegal drugs (Afghanistian comes 1st to mind followed by South America) I dont know much about the Native Americans and their drugs so I wont comment on them but I will ask you if you are saying that the Native Americans culture would have been worse had they not used drugs? Their is nothing wrong with taking a abstinace(sp?) stance on these issues that Islam does and its not a "higher up trying to keep his masses down" because Islam takes this same abstinance stance on dating, drugs and other potential dangerous issues :m:

8. duendy Registered Senior Member

what do yo call progess. the fascstic demand we all cow two to the ditates of the presnt religion, science? that to me is impotent and VERy dead. it denies people who WANT IT (you obviously not, and that is your freedom_) the freedom to explore spirituality the way they want to, and not be told like children what they can eat and drink

9. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Are you saying that the ideology called “Islam” has no effect on society?

Would you say that the ideology called “Communism” has an effect on society?
    Would you say that the ideology called “Democracy” has an effect on society?

10. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Could you re-write this a little more clearly, I have no idea what this sentence means? “carries ones”? One what?

I do not understand why you are so adamant about referring to Europe in this regards? I am not European, and if I were, it still doesn’t matter. Why not make a comparison with China or Japan? Or better yet, make a comparison with Tahiti or Hawaii? It’ll carry as much weight. But, as you insist in continuing with this “European” comparison, then I will ask you:

1) Why, surrender, was the Islamic ME so prosperous during the period that the Europeans call the “Dark Ages”? Did it have ANYTHING to do with Islam? If so what?

Because, get this, the Mediterranean has been a wealthy area for a few millennia before Islam was invented. But, I digress, if you insist in making this “European” comparison all of the time, then do me the favor and explain what exactly the comparison IS.

Incidentally, as I’ve said before, I propose that it was this “bottleneck” on trade which allowed the ME to get rich, prompted the crusades and ultimately motivated the Europeans to find ways around the ME. Once the Europeans had established new trade routes, bypassing the ME all together – well, the ME lost its wealth, power, and influence and the Europeans flourished.

2) That is not to say there are no comparisons to be made, I can think of a very good comparison to be made with Dark Age Europe and Islamic Middle East.

The period known as the Dark Ages in Europe is also the rise of a belief in some asinine Middle Eastern God and these ancient Europeans were foolish enough to allow themselves to be ruled by people purporting to do this Middle Eastern God's will (See: Holy Roman/German Empire). Decline in the belief of (and thus rule via) this Middle Eastern God is called the Renaissance.

Unfortunately for the people of the ME today, similar to their European counterparts, they believe in this very same God, and they are ruled by people just as the ancient Europeans were, and they are just as bad off as the ancient Europeans were.

So yes, I do see a comparison.

Belief in God = Bad Dark Ages
    No belief in God = Good Renaissance

Haaa!!!
    1) KSA has TRILLIONS of dollars – so try again.
    2) Sharia Law and it’s effects on Usury says absolutely NOTHING on why the ME continued with the Institution of Slavery (which unlike that Evil notion called Usury) was accepted in Islam.

I would categorize “Slavery” in with the Lagging behind the West.Wouldn't YOU?

But you may be correct, maybe Islamic restrictions on usury kept profits down, inadvertently keeping the “less Islamic restricted” institution of Slavery alive a well for well over a thousand years. Surrender, you may have unintentionally stumbled upon yet another fundamental flaw with Islam and the Qur’an.

** You’ll be surprised to learn that there are a number of Islamic Banks that follow, if not the spirit, at least the letter of the Sharia law. It’ll be funny to see if you are right and Islamic countries do well to skirt around the fundamentals of the Qur’an in favor of a Westernized approach to fiscal monetary policies. Just one more step in the long line that will be walked before Islam is finally accepted as a hindrance to society and removed by the very people that practice it (much like the Xians did in Europe)

3) There are MANY poor countries and societies in the world, there needn’t be an “Islamic” excuse. It could be that for many different reasons the ME will remain poor – Islamic or not Islamic. Maybe it’s a reflection on Arabic culture in general and has little to do with Islam if any at all?

This has got to be the most insidious joke ever played on someone. Yeah, give me your time devotion and money now and I’ll pay you back after we’re dead.

Really - just crazy!

I believe a number of things. Like asking why, when, where, who, how come, and trying to take as little on “faith” as I possibly can. I do not believe in universal ethics or morals although I think, as all people share many similarities, we naturally share ethics and morals. I think the manner in which many citizens of KSA treat their women is utterly revolting. The idea of a morality police is Orwellian and disturbing and the fact that morality police are supported by a society and that they’d rather lock little girls in a burning school then let them be seen without proper attire is, well, beyond words. The types of brainwashing it took for NK Dear Leader to form his cult of personality is equally as bizarre and despicable. However, I do not think it is my right to force or trick or coerce any of these societies to abide by my codes or ethics and rules of behavior. So, what do I believe? I believe you should figure it out for yourself and that the best way to do that is to question, debate, challenge, care for one another and when you can and if for the right reasons - change. So of course – I’m Atheist

11. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

When you asked about wonderous nirvana of an Islamic society I said there were individuals & groups who got what isalm promised. Desired effects on a society had never been complete & what was intended by any religion/ideology.

Did any society achieve what nirvana Marx predicted? A stateless society??
    Democracy is great but it is far from the nirvana it really supposed to mean.

12. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

Which church do KKK members belong to? Who is thier spiritual leader? which of jesus' teachings do they use to justify thier bigotry? Which of jesus' military campaigns do they use as an example of how to wage war? An atheist has no claim of divine inspiration for violence religion does. If there were only a few bad apples who follow islam then I doubt there would be an issue. The problem with islam is that all those bad apples can and do point out the justification for thier actions in islams sacred texts and in examples from the life of mo. A christian has to resort to the old testament (which I believe jesus said was no longer valid)and can in no way use jesus life as an example to justify violence.

13. surenderer Registered Senior Member

The National Leader for the KKK is an ordained Baptist Minister(Thomas Robb).....ask him.....but I guess they have nothing to do with Christianity huh? they probably dont even burn Crosses either

Do your own homework:

http://www.kkk.bz/

They dont follow Jesus's teachings but they claim that they do(which was my point)

Yet you kill also where is your great contribution to society? Get off your moral highhorse you sound simple....but since you say that lets take Marxists as an example since they are atheists....Of all religions, secular and otherwise, that of Marxism has been by far the bloodiest – bloodier than the Catholic Inquisition, the various Catholic crusades, and the Thirty Years War between Catholics and Protestants. In practice, Marxism has meant bloody terrorism, deadly purges, lethal prison camps and murderous forced labor, fatal deportations, man-made famines, extrajudicial executions and fraudulent show trials, outright mass murder and genocide.
    In total, Marxist regimes murdered nearly 110 million people from 1917 to 1987. For perspective on this incredible toll, note that all domestic and foreign wars during the 20th century killed around 35 million. That is, when Marxists control states, Marxism is more deadly then all the wars of the 20th century, including World Wars I and II, and the Korean and Vietnam Wars.

So now you are claiming that most Muslims are bad apples? thought you didnt think that? Guess it's hard keeping your lies straight huh?

Same as I was saying for the KKK...... and from Bush Jr.....and Osama....anyone who wants to try to justify what they are trying to do....I dont deny this.......but if you want KKK texts from the Bible? here are a few for you:

Slaves:

"And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever: but over your brethren the children of Israel, ye shall not rule one over another with rigour." (Leviticus 25:46)

Violence:
    (Numbers 31:7-18 NLT)
    " Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the people went to meet them outside the camp. But Moses was furious with all the military commanders who had returned from the battle. "Why have you let all the women live?" he demanded. "These are the very ones who followed Balaam's advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the LORD at Mount Peor. They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD's people. Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves."

Rape:

Lo, a day shall come for the Lord when the spoils shall be divided in your midst. And I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for battle: the city shall be taken, houses plundered, women ravished; half of the city shall go into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be removed from the city. (Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)

etc etc etc.........

[/QUOTE]

Of course after what I just posted a Christian would say that(I could also show you things from the New Testement written by Paul) but Jesus(pbuh) didnt say that...what he said was:

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.(matthew 5:18)

heaven and earth pass yet Path?

and about anyone who says otherwise:

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven(matthew 5:19)

And stop trying to play the Jesus(pbuh) card against Muslims....again you sound simple.....Jesus(pbuh) is mentioned in the Koran more than Muhamaad(pbuh) and Muslims love him as much

Last edited: Feb 28, 2005
  14. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

”groups who got what Islam promised” What exactly was/is that?

No. But that isn’t what I asked. I asked if it had an effect on society (presumably a noteworthy effect). Which it did. And I would argue a negative effect.

I say negative relative to what I would think of as positive. Communist societies appear to have less guaranteed freedoms (freedom to worship how one would see fit, freedom to criticize those in charge, freedom to own land, free access to information). The loss of those freedoms (not necessarily rights) I would argue forms a negative society.

With that said, I do not think you will find in the Communist-Manifesto anything at all about how a society that practices it’s ideology will end with a oppressive, autocratic, totalitarian society. However, we can see that in practice that has always been the case.

And that's the KEY: in practice

I would say although communism was of good intention it is a failure.

This is true, and perhaps it will never be possible to reach any form of a societal nirvana? Or, perhaps we’ll have to wait until we have no religions or perhaps everyone will have to be Buddhist or until machines replace us

or whatever . . . . .

BUT, I would say that Democracy and specifically Secular Democracy, relative to the other forms of societal constructs, is standing the test of time and amazingly so. I mean, it was somewhat practiced by Greek city states almost 3000 years ago and is practiced successfully in places with as much diversity as the USA and Japan. The US constitution is the oldest still in use in the world – that does count for something.

The better question is how can we tell if something is working or works well?

I would argue that by the results we should merit it or fail it:

- Secular Representative government did allow for Slavery, but in short order the society rid itself the institution.

- Secular Representative government prevented women from voting, but in short order the society changed and granted women the right to vote.

- Secular Representative government used to allow children to work, but in short order the society changed and now there are age limits and rules to protect children.

- Also, I personally think that if you stop and look at what types of Arts and Sports were invented by a particular society, that that also is also a reflection on the wellbeing of a society and hence a measure of it’s governments potential.

- Finally, of those peoples that do practice a particular societal ideology. If they stop its practice and try something else - WHY?

(THAT says something - quiting a particular ideology AFTER using it says something about it. Wouldn't you agree?)

Because this is “in practice” then I would say that those things say something about it.

Which brings me to the Islamic Ideology.

What has Islam done for the people whom have practiced it?

- Why, after millennia, did Islamic countries still practice Slavery? Why did they stop?

- Why, after millennia, do Islamic countries still prevent freedom of expression?

- Why, after 600+ years of Islam, did Spaniards not only stop practicing it but made it illegal?

(not to mention India, Russia and Greece)

What sports have been invented by Islamic countries?

What freedoms do Islamic countries guarantee?

What arts have been invented or improved upon by Islamic countries?

When you add them all up I think you will find that in 1500 years Islam has done less than when Secular Democracy has done in 200. I would say as a societal institution Islam is a failure.

Which leaves personal, and that will always be individual.

So, can you tell me,

I) What are the greatest personal insights you have found with Islam?

II) Do you think that these "Islamic" insights are in any way different to those achieved by Buddhist or Hindus or Jews or Christians?

III) Do you suppose that they take the depth Taoism?

IV) Do you suppose they give something to society as intellectually profound as Greek Philosophy?

I did take some time to type this up this morning, a decent reply would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Michael

15. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  16. surenderer Registered Senior Member

Could you provide a short outline as to what Islam has to offer and how it is supposed to be used by society to help the members of (and hence society itself) to achieve their potential? Also, could you provide a detailed link aswell? Thanks.

Economics:

http://www.islamonline.net/english/introducingislam/topic11.shtml

Society:

http://www.islamonline.net/english/introducingislam/topic07.shtml

Politics:

http://www.islamonline.net/english/introducingislam/topic08.shtml

Governance:

http://www.islamonline.net/English/introducingislam/politics/Politics/article02.shtml

A good site for info :m:

17. battig1370 Registered Senior Member

'SUPREMACY OF GOD'. > According to the gospels, JESUS said, "ALL AUTHORITY has been given unto ME in heaven and on earth" - (Matthew 28:18) --- "Heaven and earth will pass away, but MY WORDS will by no means pass away." - (Matt.24:35) --- "I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE. No one comes to the FATHER except through ME. - ( John14:6 )

Peae be with you, Paul

18. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

surenderer, thanks for the sites, I will definitely give them a thorough read.

But, I am still curious as to my question:

- Has ANY society in the last 1500 years followed Islam “correctly”?

- Which one and when?

Also, if we agree that communism works theoretically but in practice does not work; Who is to blame - The People or The Ideology?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  19. what does that mean, 'war' on those that don't follow islam?

a matter of opinion

welcome, but as a comp geek, you should be familiar with the story of IBM & MicroSoft; IBM hired Bill Gates to do OS for their new PC's, but they forgot to have MS sign a non-compete, 'trade secrets' clause, so BG, being a pirate at heart, came out with DOS several months later, the rest is corporate history.

well islam is like that, Christianity comes to the world, but satan, he just can't stand for Jesus to win or to have a better product, so like the pirate that he is, he makes a counterfeit, so islam is born, & the rest is world history; violence, raids, rape, war, thievery. why did islam feel the need to conquer their corner of the world? why, because they are pirates, ask early US & the Barbary Coast. what is dar-islam & dar-al-harb
    http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/History/daralislam.html

what is the example from the islamic prophet? was mohammad (your namesake), a man of peace? or of war, battles, raids, genocide, slavery, antisemitism, lies? if he practiced those forms of human politics, does he not have more in common with satan, the enemy of man, than with a true prophet, that leads people to God by words alone? read Isaiah or Daniel in the Bible

why does 'islam' feel more like a 'virus, than a 'cure'?

so, what makes you think we need your help? or that we need to follow 'islam' in the first place, a false religion?

20. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Out of curiousity, can you tell me what Islam is to you?

Islam Online

This web-page doesn’t appear to address economic issues at all. Other than God made enough for everyone so go out and get it? Is this one of the fundamental Islamic principals that needed a new prophet from God to come and share with man? Because I think you’ll find it offers little, if any (and maybe faultily), insight into how best to administer an economy.

A Social Vision

I’ve read all of the webpage’s that were posted and I’m just going to comment on this one page because this is the problem with them all.

They don’t’ say anything insightful.

Anyway,
    Firstly, to make a generalized and broad statement such as “Islam is the only system that can produce such absolute freedom” with little if any reference as to what “absolute freedom” is, holds as little if any meaning.

Secondly, the statement as it has been made is false. You can find many Buddhists that have reached a state of Nirvana. So it is possible to produce this absolute freedom without Islam.

Let me post the entire paragraph:
    Thirdly, it’s fine to talk the talk but can you walk the walk. Sort of a put-up or shut-up thing.

Has equality between men and women ever been practiced in ANY Islamic countries? (in case you were thinking of it, no, women do not have equal rights with men in all of Indonesia. As a matter of fact, the more conservative Islamic the region is, often equates to the less equal it becomes.)

Although flowery and of little substance, I do understand the essence of what the writer of the webpages is trying to say. However, I’ll ask again: in 1500 years has it ever worked?

Has there even ever been an Islamic country?

- I mean come on, Slavery wasn’t even banned.
    - Women didn’t start obtaining equality until the Islamic societies came under the influence of the Europeans.
    - And for the most part these societies stayed poor, even at the height of Islam (Yes, that time when Europe was a backwater, and China majestic) most Muslims were still as poor as dirt – and many still are.

Similar to Communism, some of it looks good on paper but it just does not work.

One can successfully argue that there has never truly existed a “Communist State”.
    So what?
    Maybe that’s because the whole concept doesn’t work in practice and will never work in practice. And as nice as it would be, it’s time to try something else (which is what pretty much all communist countries have gone ahead and done).

So, unless you can point to an utopian Islamic society somewhere that we’ve missed - I’d say, isn’t 1500 years long enough of an experiment with this “Islamic” social system? As nice as it may be, it really just does not appear to work in practice.

21. you wrote too much, you should put it on a website & provide a link, your wasting bandwith here by writting a book & then posting it
    thats the problem, its way too human, why would god change his mind? why would he give muhhammid obvious lies as suras, such as changing the direction of the qibla, hahaha, god was just kidding, what a joker, hahaha
    like?
    like? 160 joints? hahaha
    test? like most boring story? most long-winded?
    if he was illiterate, that means that while he was confirming Christianity, his followers wrote the quran in an opposite direction & invented islam. how would Muhhamid know the diff? those jokers, hahahaha
    would it be that satan told him what to recite? Joseph Smith had the same helper, same story, new prophet, new religion
    like? post those links please

22. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

As for the groups, i take small groups otherwise it would be a society!. To the top of my mind comes the group of people who followed Imam Hussein till their gruesome end at the hand of supposedly fellow muslims. There were also small bands of genuine sufi groups in the span of Islamic history. You can also find small groups of dedicated people among sunnis/shias following islamic ideals not given to literalistic interpretations.

So in practice, no religion/ideology could transform the entire society to its idealistic end. Islam is no exception.

Arts and sports, IMO, need continuous patronizing otherwise would be replaced by new ones subsequently and soon be forgotten/unknown in future. A small group of influential patrons (not the society as whole) would suffice for the survival of a specific Art/Sports. How the belly dance survived in strict islamic societies over the centuries?!

May be out of necessity than disgust.

The question could be generic and could be asked about any religion.

When someone feels that he is better and superior than the other person, he won't feel bad about the other guy doing the dirty job. This is a fundamental human psychology. If a religion/ideology is successful in inducing the humilty and equality in to the hearts of individuals, slavery would become a shameful act.

For fear of open rebellion.

Ironically, there was no 100% conversion (whether forcible/voluntary).

You know, for 1500 years that existed is not an indication of its failure then.

You can ask a muslim to get a better answer.

Not necessarily different.

I have a little idea about Taoism. How deep it is?

I often find atheists blasting Plato.

Pardon me if i was indecent anywhere in this post.

23. battig1370 Registered Senior Member

Hello muhammad:

Accorrding to muslims is Jesus a false prophet?

Peace be with you, Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.