The Relevance of the Concept of God

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Syne, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Seattle Valued Senior Member

How about demonstrating some of this Christian compassion, turning the other cheek, love thy enemy that brings you so much joy?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mazulu Banned Banned

Your point is well taken.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mazulu Banned Banned

Do you think I hurt Q's feelings? :bawl: Poor Q.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Balerion Banned Banned

I doubt your significance to Q can be measured in anything more than chuckles. My point was that you act like a moron and say the more ignorant, childish things to people. Aren't you supposed to be a martial artist? Your sensei would be ashamed of your behavior here.

8. Cheezle Hab SoSlI' Quch! Registered Senior Member

Perhaps most here have not followed Mazulu for long. He claims to have telepathic communication with space aliens who are instructing him in how to build a gravity beam for the purpose of interstellar travel. Perhaps (he claims) faster than light travel. Travel to other universes. He has also seen spirits and is a spiritualist. He (I guess) believes in voodoo. ANYBODY that takes anything that he says as even a possible scenario is as crazy as he is. He presents himself as a Christian, but no Christian I have met would accept him into their circle. There is something wrong in his brain.

Oops, I almost forgot the biggest most amazing of his claims. He has been personally trained by (the) ascended masters. Woohoo, loony bin stuff. His martial arts are just icing on the cake.

And that is just the stuff he admits to.

9. Mazulu Banned Banned

So I'm a bad person for trying to come up with a gravity drive using redshift in reverse? Wow! I guess creativity is not tolerated by the intellectual elite.

10. Cheezle Hab SoSlI' Quch! Registered Senior Member

So you admit to all I said but object to the connotation. I did not say you were a bad person, I implied you were nuts.

11. Mazulu Banned Banned

I just think you're a nasty person. "Nasty" in the disgusting sense.

12. Cheezle Hab SoSlI' Quch! Registered Senior Member

I understand your attitude. But you don't disagree with anything I said. You are in telepathic contact with space aliens, you are trying to build a gravity beam, you do believe in voodoo and spirits and ghosts. And most of all you were trained by the ascended masters.

Just making sue I have all that correct.

13. Mazulu Banned Banned

So you are trying to make the point that I believe in God, ascended masters, aliens, spirits and ghosts? Sure. What of it?

14. Cheezle Hab SoSlI' Quch! Registered Senior Member

I just wanted people here to understand your point of view. Most of the people currently arguing with you did not have all the facts. I supplied those facts.

15. Balerion Banned Banned

It's loony. As in, batsh*t crazy.

16. Mazulu Banned Banned

lol

17. Cheezle Hab SoSlI' Quch! Registered Senior Member

I think it is just the tip of the iceberg.

18. Cheezle Hab SoSlI' Quch! Registered Senior Member

I know lots of people that believe that there are aliens in distant star systems. Not many of them would believe that you are in telepathic contact with them. It is a highly unusual point of view.

And the idea that you have been personally trained by the "ascended masters" is about as far fetched as anything I have ever heard.

http://www.greatdreams.com/masters/ascended-masters.htm

LOL

19. Mazulu Banned Banned

So you're on a crusade to show people that I'm crazy? :roflmao:

20. Cheezle Hab SoSlI' Quch! Registered Senior Member

If the shoe fits ...

Actually, I see that people continue to treat you as an equal and continue to argue with you. This says a lot about them. So continue with your insanity. I just felt they should understand who you are.

21. Capracus Valued Senior Member

But in reality philosophies or anything else are judged to the degree possible through objective analysis and their relative conformity to it. This analysis varies according to one’s knowledge and understanding (their internal compass). If Gautama Buddha existed today I’m sure his philosophy would be more reflective of the current state of knowledge.

Since most social behavior contains the elements necessary for religious designation, where do you suggest we draw the line? What qualifiers do we apply? If I inquire about a persons religion, should I expect to hear about their political, entertainment and hygiene practices?

I did clarify what I consider a religious practice and how particular concepts fit that definition. That said the question moves from the definition to its applied consistency.

A case can be made that LaVeyan Satanism originated with mystic attributes that seem to have withered away over the years through reorganization of the church. On its face, today’s Church of Satan appears to be generally lacking mystical concepts.

In Buddhism, it’s not so much the deities but the traditional tenets of cyclical rebirth, reincarnation, and eternal release that are the prominent mystical qualities.

So you’re arguing that because ignorance and illogic may exists in one area, we should excuse it everywhere else.

Funny how you can’t seem to comprehend the relationship of the terms you listed.

In other words you’re taking the fifth on the questions I asked. I expected as much.

22. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Actually, the crusade is all your own doing, no one here has to show anything.

23. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Sorry, but I don't make up definitions, I simply use a dictionary. Try using one yourself, sometime.