The Scientific Proof That God Exists!!

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by TruthSeeker, Feb 3, 2002.

1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Xev,

I don't like dogmas...
    Those two things... it talks about the evolution of a person throughout life... It begins with "Original Sin" and it ends with "Redemption" (dependingon the case)...

You are a "part" of God. You see... theorically, God is the Collective Consciousness while we are the ego. Our minds are focused on our ego, so we are not aware of the reality of our surrondings... God is OUR conscience, not mine or yours.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

If I were not aware... it would probably happen...

Love,
    Nelson

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xev Registered Senior Member

Nelson:

"I don't like dogmas...
    Those two things... it talks about the evolution of a person throughout life... It begins with "Original Sin" and it ends with "Redemption" (dependingon the case)..."

Now I have to TEASE you. You're a Unitarian Universalist.

Unitarian! Unitarian! Unitarian!

I'll note that when I take those tests that are supposed to measure a person's religion, I come up as a Unitarian. And I'm an athiest.

You will be assimilated!

"You are a "part" of God. You see... theorically, God is the Collective Consciousness while we are the ego. Our minds are focused on our ego, so we are not aware of the reality of our surrondings... God is OUR conscience, not mine or yours."

Yes, but if God is everything, and I am a thing, I am God.

WORSHIP XEV OR BE DAMNED! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Xev,

What is an Unitarian...?

Somewhat...
    If you have the awareness of Him you become One with Him...

Love,
    Nelson

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xev Registered Senior Member

Just bumping this up to the top. It brought memories back to a semi-drunk clusterlizard.

*Xev sniffles*

Tony1, I miss you. You were, like, my second favorite Xtian in the whole world. Please come back and fight?

Nelson, Unitarians believe that the purpose of life is to make money and send it to chicks named "Xev".

8. ~The_Chosen~ Registered Senior Member

Nobody is perfect, Xev is a nobody, therefore Xev is perfect!

Worship her!!! LMAO

(you wish)

9. Xev Registered Senior Member

Thanks! That's sweet of you, Chosen.

10. Amp Registered Senior Member

Listen and ponder.

'God' is spirit, it is the ultimate absolute, it is beyond infinite.
    That being said there is a fragment of 'God' in all of us, still 'God' is undiminished. We are in 'God' since before creation there was only 'God' and all creation is in 'God'. 'God' is not cruel because of its love and mercy. (italics:'God' is not quite what some scripture would have you believe). If you seek 'God' then we become spiritual sons and daughters of 'God' as such we are brothers and sisters in 'God'.

11. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Well said Amp...

Unfortunatly, most people have a wrong view of God...

What is your "religion"?

12. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Unfortunatly, most people have a wrong view of God...

One cannot view that which is not viewable. A view of the tooth fairy, as with gods, is a view of one's own imagination or fantasy.

13. Amp Registered Senior Member

My religion

G' day,
    TruthSeeker, I'm not a follower of organized religion. I seek 'God', and in so doing always in my prayers ask that its will guide me. I believe that is what has lead me to all the information that I've studied, some of the info I've seen-from Islam 'What Jesus really said' you can find that with a search on the WWW, also the Ubook which helped me understand the concepts Deity and Divinity. There is more but I'm not fully conversant with it. Not yet.

14. tony1 Jesus is Lord Registered Senior Member

*Originally posted by Xev
    *Xev sniffles*

Tony1, I miss you. You were, like, my second favorite Xtian in the whole world. Please come back and fight?

OK.

btw, what's this "second-favorite" thing all about?

more btw, I don't believe you're an atheist, either.
    You actually sound like a typical "atheist" who declares "non-belief" in God as a way of pretending to avoid responsibility for one's actions.

15. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

tony1,

So at least you admit that Xev does face responsibilities for her actions. But why do you think typical atheists then pretend otherwise? But you are right most typical atheists do face responsibilities for their actions. A good point from you. The pretense part is a bit confusing though.

Of course that also implies that theists clearly do not face responsibilities for their actions since they believe that their imaginary supernatural friend will forgive them anything they do. That is quite an atrocious attitude as I’m sure you will agree.

So how do we convince theists to face up to their responsibilities for their own actions, rather than pretend? Hmm, did you mean to state ‘atheist’ in your opening statement. I think you meant to say ‘theist’ right?

Your attempt at logic is as mystical as ever. Of course I'm sure you'll try to claim that I just can't follow logic. But then I feel no shame in not being able to follow your weird attempts.

Cris

16. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

I hope you only said that for the sake of sophistry. Otherwise... bullshit.

17. Xev Registered Senior Member

Yay!

Just as it sounds. I like you.

I don't think you are a Christian, how's that?

You actually sound like a typical "Christian" who declares "belief" in Jesus as a way of being forgiven for one's actions.

You see how the argument can be reversed?

I obviously cannot prove that my motives for not believing in God are rational, and that I sincerely think that disbelief is more rational than belief. I cannot prove that I was raised virtually without theistic influences, thus am unlikely to be an athiest for purely "anti-identification" reasons (as Tiassa would be quick to criticise).

But you see, Tony, neither can you prove that your motives for belief are sincere.

Anyhow, I thought that you Christians were forgiven for anything besides insulting the Holy Ghost?

So let me get this straight:

I am irresponsible because I don't believe that I will be punished by your God for my unethical actions (your "sins") , but you are responsible because you believe that He will forgive you for your unethical actions?

What am I missing here?

18. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Adam,

Sophistry? What me?

The alternative would be to take t1 seriously, and well...I don't see any value in that.

Cris

19. tony1 Jesus is Lord Registered Senior Member

*Originally posted by Cris
    So at least you admit that Xev does face responsibilities for her actions.

I'd have admitted that a long time ago, if I'd realized it was an issue.

*But why do you think typical atheists then pretend otherwise? But you are right most typical atheists do face responsibilities for their actions. A good point from you. The pretense part is a bit confusing though.*

The pretense part is in the area of who you are responsible to.
    After all, "responsible" means "able to respond," presumably to questions.
    While atheists generally do admit to "responsibility," they claim that the questioner does not exist.
    Weird, no?

*Of course that also implies that theists clearly do not face responsibilities for their actions since they believe that their imaginary supernatural friend will forgive them anything they do.*

How very useful for you to have picked up on that aspect.
    Since the penalty for any infraction is death, Christians (I can't speak for other theists) understand the nonsensibility of paying that price oneself.
    Thus, forgiveness allows one to try again.

*That is quite an atrocious attitude as I’m sure you will agree.*

What on earth could I have posted, to make you so "sure" I would agree?

*So how do we convince theists to face up to their responsibilities for their own actions, rather than pretend? Hmm, did you mean to state ‘atheist’ in your opening statement. I think you meant to say ‘theist’ right?*

Nope.
    I realize there is a questioner to whom I will give answers.
    You pretend there isn't, yet you admit to the questions.
    If that isn't the strangest form of pretense, I don't know what is.

*Your attempt at logic is as mystical as ever. Of course I'm sure you'll try to claim that I just can't follow logic. But then I feel no shame in not being able to follow your weird attempts.*

Ahh, such feeble attempts at sarcasm.
    However, I will attempt to discuss what appears to be at the root of such attempts.

Let me see... oh, yes, you were claiming to be an atheist, i.e. one who claims not to know whether God exists or not.
    You make this claim on the basis that "atheism" means absence of theist belief, as opposed to the belief in the absence of God.
    At the same time, you claim to be moral and responsible, where your morality and responsibility are very close to what God demands of us.

Thus, your belief is actually theistic belief combined with belief in the absence of God.
    At the same time, you have zero proof that there is no God, which also contradicts your statements that you believe nothing without proof.

I'm not surprised that you cannot follow logic, since to hold such contradictory thoughts is impossibly illogical for a mere mortal man.

*Originally posted by Adam
    I hope you only said that for the sake of sophistry. Otherwise... bullshit.

Oh oh, Cris.
    Looks like someone else has seen through your facade.

*Originally posted by Xev
    Yay!

Likewise.
    Oddly enough, for the last week or so, your posts have been coming to mind, which is why I thought I'd pop in.

*I don't think you are a Christian, how's that?*

I'd have to admit that your idea of what a Christian is wouldn't match me very closely.

*You actually sound like a typical "Christian" who declares "belief" in Jesus as a way of being forgiven for one's actions.

You see how the argument can be reversed?

Of course, that's the gospel in a nutshell.
    "Repent" means reverse your thinking, turn around, etc.

*I cannot prove that I was raised virtually without theistic influences, thus am unlikely to be an athiest for purely "anti-identification" reasons (as Tiassa would be quick to criticise).*

The "anti-identification" doesn't apply to you.
    It applies to the "a" in "atheism."
    Thus you are an atheist purely for "anti-identification" purposes simply because there exists a theism which you deny, or "anti-identify" with.

*But you see, Tony, neither can you prove that your motives for belief are sincere.*

Lucky for me, sincerity has nothing to do with it, since Jesus also forgives insincerity.

*I am irresponsible because I don't believe that I will be punished by your God for my unethical actions (your "sins") ,*

"My" God has nothing to do with anything.
    If I make up a God, that God won't have any bearing on your life.
    You are irresponsible because when you are asked why you didn't believe in God, you will have no answer (the real meaning of "irresponsible").

*but you are responsible because you believe that He will forgive you for your unethical actions?*

I am responsible because I will have an answer why I believe God.
    I have already answered, i.e "responded."

20. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Not really tony1. I just don't know Cris's posting style very well, and am glad that he is playing around with you.

21. tony1 Jesus is Lord Registered Senior Member

*Originally posted by Adam
    I just don't know Cris's posting style very well, and am glad that he is playing around with you.

You're glad mice play around with cats, too, I'll bet.

22. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Tony1, you think far too much of yourself. God dislikes pride, man. Before you consider yourself a cat, you must get real claws instead of imaginary ones. That's one of the benefits of being a skeptic; we must rely solely on real claws.

23. tony1 Jesus is Lord Registered Senior Member

LOL!

Real claws?
    Where on earth would you get those?
    You're too funny.

Very diverting, thanks.