The Skeptic Vs The Idealist

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by RainbowSingularity, Mar 15, 2019.

1. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

The Skeptic Vs The Idealist

what i wanted and felt i needed was a quiet start to my day. only about 1.5 hours of very relaxed non confrontational mental paradigms.
    however.
    i knew that was unlikely.
    my prediction when i now think about the past experience is the statistical chance is very slim.
    thus my ability to predict the chance of what i felt i need was unlikely. though my desire to want it over rode my experiential knowledge of most likely occurrence.
    now i am left with a feeling of loss which a vast majority of people excise by inflicting some type of emotion on to others.
    being keenly aware of this fact only makes the emotional realty slightly more uncomfortable.

my lack of direct action to force a direct most likely outcome(skeptic)
    vs
    my want for non confrontational idealism in a sense of optimism (idealist)

it is a fascinating battle that i would prefer not to be having

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

while skepticism deals a measure of regulation to hope
    idealism deals hope to skepticism

lead with hope that idealism may be part of the skepticism.

can idealism be critical ?
    can skepticism have criticality while maintaining hope that idealism is still something of a tangible possibility ?

some times it is better to say nothing than to be critical
    yet our nature to apply critical thinking to critique things brings better knowledge.

i remind myself, sometimes it is better to not say anything because hope is like a living thing.
    it needs to have opportunity to survive so idealism may remain an aspect of the construct of the drive of critical thinking.

critiquing things with no positive ends becomes a negative gain.

while neither be void of the other, these aspects seem polar to many conceptualized aspects of discourse.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.