The speed of flying saucers and blinking out phenomenon

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by river, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Trapped Banned Banned

I beg your pardon, but these objects sped off at speeds approx. 7000 mph under only a few seconds. We have no air craft that can do this without crushing the person inside. Nor does a standard X-plane (or similar prototypes) look anything like the objects reported in the Washington case which was reported as the classical glowing orb UFO catagory.

I am telling you, the air craft matched nothing like our own of the day. They did things, we could not and it left control in a stunned silence.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Trapped Banned Banned

No, it didn't circle the field per se, it actually landed it in the field. I don't know of any Military towing operation which decides to take a 20 minute nap in the nearby corn field where the farmers where working. It certainly doesn't sound like a towing operation and quite frankly saying it could be sounds like you will try to find any old excuse just so long as it avoids the ET explanation.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Trapped Banned Banned

No... you tried to make some obscure point by saying ''for some strange reason it looked exactly like the avrocar, what does that tell you.''

This is what you said, and I replied ''saucers where reported anything up to 20 years before the avrocar.''

Clearly you where trying to make some connection, obscure as it was. Besides, what else would you expect from a saucer shaped UFO case? They all look the same.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Trapped Banned Banned

I have some evidence it couldn't have been our own. You said that we had fast enough vehicles at the time, well actually we didn't... take the X-15 plane. It's maximum speed was a little over 4000 miles per hour. The X-15 rocket powered plane was created in the 1960's. The Washington case happened in 1952 (never mind the objects didn't leave a trail as you would expect a rocket powered plane to do, or the fact they where essentially balls of light, nothing like any of our fastest vehicles). Timeline problems again concerning technological abilities.

Just like how you cannot draw the conclusion that saucers came from designs of the avrocar, since UFO's saucer sightings predated the avrocar by 20 years.

In your own words, what does that tell you?

8. billvon Valued Senior Member

Here's the point.

Above you say that the UFO looked the same as the Avrocar - yet they did not mention the Avrocar. Were they lying? Probably not - it is more likely that they had never seen an Avrocar.
    Similarly, from my experience, this could have been a tow operation. So why did they not mention the possibility of a tow operation? Were they lying? Probably not - it is more likely that they had never seen a tow operation.

9. billvon Valued Senior Member

That's why never seeing a tow operation might cause you to misunderstand what they reported. The towed object WOULD LAND in the above case. It would lie on the ground while the aircraft circled above. We had this happen during banner tow operations a few years ago when a pilot tried to drop a banner, had the release fail, then circled to land in a tight turn. The banner landed, then took off amazingly fast in the opposite direction, destroying itself (and a few runway lights) in the process. At that point the weak link broke and the aircraft was not damaged. We were fortunately far enough away that we were not in danger - and indeed were far enough away that you could not see the tow line. However we did see a banner land, lie there for a second, then take off amazingly fast in the opposite direction. Had we not seen the aircraft either, it would have looked like something landing then taking off in a way no aircraft does.

No one "took a nap."

That's because you have never seen one.

10. Trapped Banned Banned

Please get it right. The avrocar was designed to look like a traditional saucer, not that UFO's are designed to look like the avrocar!

''Similarly, from my experience, this could have been a tow operation. So why did they not mention the possibility of a tow operation...

How about the fact what they described was nothing like a tow operation? That's a good explanation. Or how about more directly, they never mentioned a tow operation, like a meteor, bird, plane, plastic bag... because they never saw these things. What they saw was described as a UFO saucer, flying over their school, towards a field in which time the Military showed up at the scene. The UFO also landed in a nearby field, which a tow operation would never do.

11. Trapped Banned Banned

In a field? Where the farmer could be seen in his tractor?

It really wasn't a towing operation, I am sure people would be able to discern whether the object was independent of anything else... indeed, all the testimony supports each other and not the claim you have made, suggesting to me that I shouldn't take any more notice of it.

12. Trapped Banned Banned

Also another reason why it most likely wasn't any towing operation. The unusual cover-up by the Military, orders to keep quiet and threaten the careers of some of the teachers if they ever spoke about what they saw.

All that for a towing operation? Highly doubtful.

13. Trapped Banned Banned

You shouldn't presume what I have seen and haven't seen.

I've seen things you would never believe.

14. billvon Valued Senior Member

Right. In our case the pilot did it over an airport where a lot of people could see it.

How do you know?

There is a famous Youtube video where you are asked to count how often a group of 10 people pass a basketball. In the middle of the video a man in a gorilla suit comes in, stands in the center of the frame, beats his chest for five seconds, then leaves. Most people do not see the gorilla - because they were not looking for him.

You might say "I am sure people would be able to see a GORILLA in the middle of their video!" You'd be wrong.

After a screwup of that magnitude you'd expect to see a big coverup - to protect the pilot, or the training officer, or the base commander. People are good at covering their asses. Indeed, in the military it's an art form.

I am sure you have seen a lot of things. So have I. Based on your claim that a towed object could never "land" it is highly likely you have never seen towing operations. If you had, you would have known that objects can be seen to land.

15. Trapped Banned Banned

Yes... I think it was something like 16 passes. I got it right when I watched it, didn't get the point of it until I read afterwards about the Gorilla.

I said ''and what?? I noticed it, but so what?''

You have a point and it is noted, but you really need to start taking in my points as well. The huge Military cover up, doesn't justify a simple operation. Even if we did not have the huge consistent testimony we have, still the fact that the teachers and students where hushed and camera evidence confiscated all indicates anything other than a standard towing operation.

16. Trapped Banned Banned

What makes you think it was a screwup? The westall case I am talking about.

If that was our own device, the solution is simple: If you don't want anyone to know about it, don't fly it over populated area's... not bloody schools and council area's. That doesn't make sense, I am sure you realize it doesn't as well.

17. Trapped Banned Banned

I should have been more detailed... it is possible for an object to land when being towed, however, the air craft carrying it won't be far behind, and wherever the helicopter would go soon would follow the object. Clearly the UFO was independent, there where no hints of any aircraft directly moving in synchronocity with anything else. Again, the UFO is identified (ironically) as an object moving over their school, sometimes at incredible speeds. None of this supports your theory.

18. Trapped Banned Banned

billvon, you have made no comments on my refutal of your explanation of the Washington ufo event, stating it was probably our own craft because we had much faster than what was used that day. I have provided evidence, that this is not the case:

''I have some evidence it couldn't have been our own. You said that we had fast enough vehicles at the time, well actually we didn't... take the X-15 plane. It's maximum speed was a little over 4000 miles per hour. The X-15 rocket powered plane was created in the 1960's. The Washington case happened in 1952 (never mind the objects didn't leave a trail as you would expect a rocket powered plane to do, or the fact they where essentially balls of light, nothing like any of our fastest vehicles). Timeline problems again concerning technological abilities.

Just like how you cannot draw the conclusion that saucers came from designs of the avrocar, since UFO's saucer sightings predated the avrocar by 20 years. ''

do you recognize now that your theory holds no water?

19. billvon Valued Senior Member

?? Huge? All I saw were some denials. What was the huge coverup?

Factually false. We know about their story - hence they were not hushed. No doubt they got a call from someone (perhaps the pilot?) asking them to not make so much fuss.

If it was confiscated how do you know?

20. billvon Valued Senior Member

What theory is that? Again, I am not claiming it was an X-1 (or an X-15) or a weather balloon. I was claiming that it COULD have been those things. What was it? We don't know.

21. Trapped Banned Banned

No, let me explain to you, their story wouldn't have been hushed if some of them hadn't spilled the beans. There where some other independent reports outside of the school grounds, but I don't know much about them and how much influence the Military had over them.

We do know that personnel and vehicles flooded the area and men in black not only questioned the members of the school about the object they saw, but specifically told them if anything was said they would be open to ridicule and they would loose their jobs. Clearly this was a huge cover up.

If you also watched the documentary I provided before, the reporter also discovered that there appeared to have been efforts to keep it quiet within mainstream media, in fact there are some claims of this in the wiki article as well. As far as we know, only a few news paper clippings exist of the event.

22. Trapped Banned Banned

Well it wasn't those things, since the X-15 plane was far faster than anything 10 years before it, clearly it was none of these things since the objects of Washington moved at 7k mph. It isn't a matter of it being ''hard to match'' but patently impossible for the timeline.

23. Trapped Banned Banned

Do you know anything about the case, apart from the most basic underlying facts? The school was visited by men in black and where specifically hushed on the subject, it had nothing to do with... the pilot. Don't waste my time. At least do some research.