The State Department’s entire senior administrative team just resigned

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Kittamaru, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Even local media is stating that Mexico will pay the tariff.....imposed on Imports into the USA

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. iceaura Valued Senior Member

It's spelled "martial", for a very good reason. I learned that in an American public school when I was about 12 years old.

There is no evidence that the "average IQ" in the West has been falling for two hundred years. There is plenty of evidence that it has been rising - this even has a name, the "Flynn Effect" - which casts some doubt on it as a measure of "intelligence".

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Point taken... my bad... thanks..

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

8. exchemist Valued Senior Member

I think you may be confusing "martial law" with the Marshall Plan. They are, er, not quite the same thing.

Ophiolite likes this.
  9. Schmelzer Valued Senior Member

If the US would simply do nothing in world affairs, this would be very good for the world.

No new "color revolutions", no new wars, no new regime change attempts ... If Trump would reach this, this would be really worth a Nobel peace price. (If one yet thinks if it is worth to be put on this list, which contains a higher percentage of mass murderers than any police list of wanted criminals).

10. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

There is something you have not yet worked out...

joepistole likes this.
  11. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I didn't know Americans traveled.

12. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

So is this the part where I'm supposed to tell you what a nasty piece of work you are?

13. sculptor Valued Senior Member

fyi:
    The Cabinet includes the Vice President and the heads of 15 executive departments — the Secretaries of Agriculture, Commerce, Defense, Education, Energy, Health and Human Services, Homeland Security, Housing and Urban Development, Interior, Labor, State, Transportation, Treasury, and Veterans Affairs, as well as the Attorney General.

The all serve at the pleasure of the president.
    Cabinet members, and top administrators will usually offer their resignations to a new president.

The executive branch has over 3 million employees.

14. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Nor will he ever work it out.

15. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Yes, but here is the thing, Trump doesn't have anyone to replace these individuals with, and the business of government must continue. Trump has created a vacuum in the State Department. Why would he do that? Why the urgency? One of these people was in flight to a meeting in Italy. Why was it so important to fire the man especially when there is a leadership vacuum at the State Department? It's perplexing to say the least.

I think there is only one logical reason for such strange and bizarre action. I think Trump intends to remove US sanctions on Russia this weekend. It's rather odd, but it makes sense. Removing the Russian sanctions will not be popular with the Republicans. If Trump goes there, it will cost him politically. So why would Trump do that for essentially nothing? But it appears Trump is intent upon removing Russian sanctions and he may do that as soon as this weekend. It would appear Trump wants to pay Putin back for something.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

What, pray tell, is "lucky" about this (except for our foreign enemies, of course)... perhaps that is exactly what you meant?

17. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

How, pray tell, does that make the least bit sense? It doesn't, and pretty much anyone with a functional brain knows it. If the US did nothing your beloved Mother Russia could invade and annex the lands of its neighbors as it has done without fear of retribution. And this is what is all about with you, isn't it? You want Putina to be able to invade, occupy, and annex the lands of neighboring states without fear of US retribution.

How much is Putinia paying you for your posts?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  18. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Given your non-existent sense of humour, I would be disappointed if you didn't.

Edit: I strongly suspect that I have contributed, and continue to contribute, more to the wellbeing and wealth of America than yourself, so I believe I am entitled to poke a little gentle fun at what is a recognised limitation of the average American.

19. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Nice edit. Something about your nonexistent sense of humor goes here.

And yes, we're aware you believe yourself privileged.

20. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Not your bad - you weren't the guy disparaging government schooling because "Americans" (the "multicultural" ones) impress him as illiterate and with declining IQs.
    Who would be expected, before he accepts them, to have some kind of scheme handy for covering their jobs. As CEO.
    You have to have an idea of what is, to notice a difference.

Around me, that depends on when you do it. At the moment, the lag time would be about six weeks barring satellite trouble - interstate truck, barge, and lake traffic, flood season, weather forecasts. Which may be mild this year, east of the Rockies, as the northern snowmelt seems to have started in January for some reason, or may be dangerous due to the oddly heavy rain and snow punctuating the mild temperatures.

21. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Surely admins should be setting a better example and not derailing member's threads? Or at least, if they are going to derail them, they should offer something of substance rather than petty vindictiveness.

22. Schmelzer Valued Senior Member

To explain you something I have given up long ago. Sorry.

23. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I suppose we could get one of them to flag you for your off-topic post.