The subject of levitation

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by Anew, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Anew Life isn't a question. Banned

The subject of levitation is a facet of parapsychology heh paraphilosphy.

In my scientific perception of the matter of levitation, I have come to the conclusion that perhaps one of the preceptors of levitation is related to theosophic adoration.

Levitation is an interesting subject perhaps my perception on levitation is somewhat true?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Seems like you are putting the cart before the horse, so to speak. You are asking what is the source of levitation without asking the more fundamental question which is; "is levitation possible"? Unfortunately that answer is no so the question you ask is moot.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kwhilborn Banned Banned

@ Anew,

This would assume God is an entity that operates outside of science. I think God created science and operates within the confines of it.

I think levitation or at least the reduction of weight might be possible.

If you look at Ed Leedskalin at Coral Castle in Florida. This 5 foot tall man built a fortress of rock using only a large Tripod and various tools. Some of the stones weighed upwards of 30 tons. Skeptics will say block and tackle is enough, but he was a small man and his block and tackle were not all that great. He had a 9 ton rock balanced so perfectly upon a metal disk that the door (rock gate) could move open with a finger. When the disk whore out after his death they used modern equipment and still could not do as fine a job.

Not only did he build it, but he moved the entire display 30 miles. A truck driver would leave the truck there overnight and come and get it in the morning. The driver claims once he returned after half hour and Ed had already had half the truck full. Kids claimed to have seen levitating rocks. He even said he knew the secrets of the Egyptians.

One of the debunking photos shows him moving the rock far enough away from the Tripods center that I question how it is possible.

The Giza pyramids themselves seem odd as some of the stones inside are over 70 tons. There is a papyrus showing hundreds of Egyptians dragging a statue that many skeptics claim is proof everything was dragged, but many forget the Giza pyramids were as old to King Tut as the Roman Ruins are to us today. The Egyptians seem to have lost knowledge at some point.

Now there was an ancient culture (Pre Egyptian) called The Sumerians. They believed physics could be described in Octaves like sound.

Oddly a scientist from our generation named Walter Russell had also developed a Theory of Everything based upon sound/octaves.

If this is true it would allow things like astrology to be scientific, and rewrite physics as we know it.

Nicola Tesla Added a footnote in one of his books and told him his ideas were ahead of his time.

Walter Cronkite said, "Walter Russell was the Leonardo Da Vinci of our time." upon his death.

Walter Russell had identified and presented Plutonium in 1926 years before it was actually discovered. These are facts.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Russell

Here is a free PDF book by him entitled, "A new concept of the Universe"

http://abundanthope.net/artman2/uploads/1/The_New_Concept.pdf

He does challenge Gravity as we know it, just look for the right chapter. It is a fun read.

Even if Walter Russell is not correct I think there is something fundamental we are missing in science.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Anew Life isn't a question. Banned

that information is so pretty khwilborn.
    now i'm wondering about

Karate, Qui Gong or Tai Chi masters levitating fruit with acoustic guitar serenade

8. kwhilborn Banned Banned

@ Anew,

My belief we have discoveries to make does not include the belief that we have yet made them. If Tai chi masters could produce any effect they would capitalize on it.

Surprisingly we view monks and masters as old and wise, but many of them shelter themselves so much from the world they sometimes are known to have silly childish viewpoints. I do not think it they could contain a secret of that magnitude, and doubt they could levitate fruit.

I am not against scientific fruit levitation, but I am sure I would meet most claims with severe skepticism, even with an open mind.

9. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

Seeing that no one as yet has shown us they can levitate anything without outside help proves that levitation, today, cannot be done without outside help.

10. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

Exactly. That's the whole point, I think. "Inside" and "outside" are two entirely different places. Some people just like to pretend they're not.

11. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

The "H P" with a Book of Dzyan rather than a Necronomicon? Alas, all that chucking of gravity for electromagnetic attractions / repulsions probably allows for a fated convergence of Helena Blavatsky and Nikola Tesla groupies. (An alignment of terrestrial rather than celestial bodies, and their gathering likely minus the prognostic marketing value of heralding another stillborn, apocalyptic event.)

12. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

13. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

This. I agree.

It's often intertwined with 'magic,' which shows it's (levitation) built on illusion.

14. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

I prefer Yogic Flying.