The Super Bowl and God

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by DEVILDOG, Jan 4, 2002.

1. DEVILDOG Registered Senior Member

FACT...

After the Super Bowl during the player interviews it's guaranteed you will here this statement:

"I would like to thank god, because without him we wouldn't have won."

So how does this work? The team with the best prayer before the game wins?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Easy, they know if they said "I'd like to thank myself, because God had nothing to do with my performance today" they'd have everyone after them. Same with all other celebrities, they mostly tell the masses what the masses want to hear, which is why they are so popular. Have you noticed that even people like Dr. Dre thank God in their award acceptance speaches? I mean, Dre's music has more to do with Satan than anything else, and yet he thanks God for it.

Simply because it's what people want to hear. If they heard something else, you'd instantly have millions of people declaring you to be a bad person.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pragmathen 0001 1111 Registered Senior Member

<a href="http://www.theonion.com/onion3731/god_gives_shout-out.html">Giving thanks ...</a>

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

8. razz Registered Senior Member

Too funny!!!

but yes i imagine "pragmathen" is right, they are giving thanks.

If i were a Sports Star, Entertainer etc.... Id be thanking God too..... Especialy if it helped keep me out of the bad books with the religious around the world who make up a good percentage of sports and entertainment earnings world wide thus helping me earn a 6 figure salary!

Cheers
    RazZ

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!