The Swastika: A Symbol of Goodness or Hate?

Discussion in 'Architecture & Engineering' started by lightgigantic, Feb 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John99 Banned Banned

I never understood the fascination with drawings or why someone would elevate them to something mythical or "evil or even good. Someone put some lines on a piece of paper and made a design. The whole concept just creeps me out. But being a Nazi symbol i understand it boils down to intent. Of course in reality it is just a mediocre drawing of some lines made up in an ancient art department.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Actually it's a shape that arises in any basket-weaving society because the weavers see it in their work every day. It has popped up independently in a great many pre-modern cultures.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. keith1 Guest

The Navy's building is not a swastika, but four separate "L" structures, placed on the acreage as to facilitate maximum light to all spaces. The individual right-angled building is stable, and efficiently duplicated identically from one blueprint, no doubt a cost saving for the American taxpayer. It's a standard issue layout.

The design of the swastika comes from the older Sanskrit, from the religious practice of sitting in the dark, and recalling the Phosphene light patterns as divinely inspired. The same patterns can be seen when rubbing the eyes, or any light pressure by the fingers upon the closed eyes.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.