the thin_edge of staring

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Malbus, Jan 2, 2002.

1. Malbus Registered Member

I am a new member here in this forum. I anticipate many great debates, as well postive growth. I learned of this forum from a friend who posts regularily. I look forward to participating in many of the great discussions happening here.

I manage a community called the thin_edge of staring. It is a philosophical community that operates inside a gladiator arena, which means philosophy is discussed "no-holds-barred". It is a rather ruthless place. At present, however, it is rather peaceful. If any member here would do me the service of checking out the thin_edge and posting any comments or criticisms regarding my site on this thread, I would be grateful. Tell me what you think of the atmosphere of thin_edge, the members, and the depth and quality of the discussions.

The thin_edge is advertised as: The thin_edge of staring is a community of thinking individuals. There is one requirement for membership in thin_edge, which is the creation and defense of at least one thread (on a philosophical topic of one's choosing) inside a gladiator arena. As one member of thin_edge remarked, "a gladiator arena is not a place to expose oneself to a world of ideas, but rather it is a place to fight for the supremacy of one's own." The thin_edge welcomes thinking individuals to discover the origin of a good conversation. If silence is golden, then whatever disturbs the silence should be worthy of the interruption. Any thoughts?

The address is

http://communities.msn.ca/TheThinEdgeOfStaring/

It is a private community so please tell me at the door that you are a part of "operation sci-fi" and I will let you inside. Thank you.

Malbus

Last edited: Jan 2, 2002
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

wellll...

sounds interesting, but the link does not work for me, and several searches come up nil.

sorry.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. odin Registered Senior Member

Well the link will not work for me says it needs a password??

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

You have to partially subvert your will to the Dark One (Bill Gates, not Satan) and register with MSN. The link still does not work for me, though.

8. Malbus Registered Member

directions to the thin_edge

The community exists as part of MSN, which means that one requires a "NET passport" to access the system. To get a "NET passport" one merely needs to open a "Hotmail" account. I assume that the system one uses to access the internet will also come into play.

I will check these things out and post later. Thank you for trying.

Malbus

9. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

ohhh it is bad. MSN and .NET. no thanks. I'm sorry but I think tht many others won't like to acquire .Net passport i.e. sell their souls to M$.

but really, try to get rid of MSN and stuff, take a free webspace provider and make your arena there.

10. Malbus Registered Member

What is this "free webspace provider" and where can I learn more? Actually, I find the "sciforums" format rather amazing.

11. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

free web space provider is a company tht gives you free web space on inet. however it is allmost allways with ads. but if you are ready to pay some 6$ per month, you can get many Mb's of webspace and with no ads. The forum format like ours is quite spread in inet. How to acquire one and about which is the best webspace provider the best solution for you is to ask Porfiry our admin. send him a personal message or e-mail him
    @ davew@sciforums.com

Bye!

for your personal homepage I can suggest you

www.bravenet.com
    www.20m.com
    www.f2s.com
    http://dreamwater.com

you can have a free forum for you.
    it is one of bravenet's services.
    check out bravenet if you want to have a forum code for free

12. Malbus Registered Member

Thank you very much. I really appreciate the information and am truly glad to have met you.

13. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member