The tides are the result of the rotation of the Earth and the whirlpools

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by Fermer05, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

I was agreeing with you.

DaveC426913 likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. nebel

Can't link Dave's concave image, but
    That would make a good "catchers mitten" to snag all the asteroides diverted from coming too close to hitting home plate, us.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Fermer05 Registered Senior Member

[QUOTE = "DaveC426913, post: 3513795, участник: 19467"]
    [/ QUOTE]
    There is an opinion that the tidal forces stopped the rotation of the Moon, and now it rotates synchronously. But the known satellites are more than three hundred and why they all stopped at the same time and where the force that rotated the satellites went.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

how many satallites are currently orbiting earth ?
    https://www.windows2universe.org/kids_space/sat.html
    how many objects are currently being tracked orbiting the earth ?
    https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/news/orbital_debris.html

8. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I would ask you, what in the hell are you trying to say, but I fear you do not really know. [shrug]

9. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Or worse, that he would reply.

RainbowSingularity likes this.
  10. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I don't really get

Is he talking about the geosynchronous orbits or satellites which face the Earth all the time so they can send stuff to its intended place on Earth?

Either way Alice is hard to understand

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

To clarify, the Moon's rotation has not stopped. But yes, it is become synchronized.

Are you talking about natural satellites in the Solar system?

Please clarify.
    What on Earth makes you think they all stopped - let alone that they all stopped at the same time?

There is no 'force' that makes them rotate. But there is angular momentum. It went into boosting the satellites to a higher orbit, as well as spinning up the parent planet.

I gotta say, it's good that you're now asking questions, instead of making assertions. That's the key to learning.

12. Fermer05 Registered Senior Member

DaveC426913 Valued:
    I gotta say, it's good that you're now asking questions, instead of making assertions. That's the key tolearning.

Fermer:
    Wikipedia claims that when the moon is in syzygy-in the full moon and new moon phases, then two humps are formed on Earth, and when the moon is in quadrature, in the first and last quarters on the Earth four humpbacks are formed, two large and two small.
    But practically no one has seen that in the Bay of Fundy one week there were two tides and ebbs per day, a height of 16 meters, and the second week there were four tides and ebbs per day, a height of 8 and 16 meters.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  13. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

OK, so you're kind of all over the place. You're not sure if you're promoting a new theory or debunking existing physics. The moment anyone asks for clarification, you ignore it and simply ask more questions or make new claims.

I'd like to be able to talk this through but you're too frenetic.

Are you interested in having a discussion?

14. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Gotcha science is for the lazy. Just sayin'.

RainbowSingularity likes this.
  15. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

i have had it explained by a mathamatician(applied mathamatics degree with 10 plus years of teaching mathamatics and general science assistance) once how the double bulge happens
    what i think you are reading from is a conspiracy web page that is mixing up real facts with some type of added complete non scientific jump in dual component theory.

like saying... "if the earth is not flat why cant i see the dark side of the moon".
    if you are not educated in a certain level of science or critical thinking, it can sound like a reasonable question that can then be used to load up fake scientific ideas... this is commonly used in cult programming of people and also to manipulate children and low intellect people.
    it directly relates to many bible uses by people to control groups of people with religion(considered the dark past of modern religion)

?

nah-ah !

in-out
    in-out

4 tidal phases twice per day with 2 tides

phase 1 low tide
    phase 2 incoming tide
    phase 3 high tide
    phase 4 outgoing tide

etc etc....

depending on the shape and size and geological features of a harbour/gulf/inlet/estuary etc...
    you can have back eddys and variations where during those 4 phases you get back currents appear, whirl-pools etc etc... all types of things, sometimes a momentary reversing of the tide-flow(note tide flow not tide)[ive seen it rarely but many times]

remember water acts as a body in motion. it has electrical content, surface tension, kinetic energy & inertia.
    it also has a unique electrical property to its own surface tension & density read on how trees get water up to thier leaves.

16. Fermer05 Registered Senior Member

Why is not tidal current used to move ships from east to west.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  17. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Because it's not the only current, and in places far from the strongest. Also, we have sails and engines, drifting would be stupid.

18. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

What makes you think they aren't?

A ship going West at 15 knots will gain 10% on its travel time due to a 1.5 knot current.

What would it mean for them to "use" the current? What would they do differently?

19. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Until he hits the Gulf Stream, right?

20. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Right. Which was your point.

When ships routinely do 15 knots or more, what would it even mean to "use" a current doing only a knot or two?

Fermer is clutching at any straws he can reach, without any cohesive argument to refute the facts.

21. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Coastal vessels, at least those that have some freedom to vary times of departure and arrival, certainly do sometimes use the tides, to save time and fuel.

But I agree, Fermer seems incapable of sticking to one point long enough to analyse it properly, preferring to continually introduce new things instead. Seems to me like a sort of Gish gallop, I'm sorry to say.

22. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Yep, and the GS is largely north/south, so it would send it off course. (Pretty sure Fermer doesn't know that.)

23. nebel

tides are in part also the result of the differences in velocities resulting from planets in prograde orbits having different rotations.