the trolling issue

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by iceaura, Sep 27, 2009.

1. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Of course. I don't know. I just work here.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mike47 Banned Banned

When people are NOT treated in the same way it just says much about the person in question . while some people are like under investigation or surveillance like me ; others are free to say anything and everything . Come on guys we are not in kindergarten to be treated like this . We do not have the same poitical and religious points of views but we should all respect ourselves and be real, just, fair ans conscious .

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. iceaura Valued Senior Member

We don't have one - at least, not a consistent one.

"Definitions are commonly the result, not the prerequisite, of discussion" (can't recall the source of that quote)

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gustav Banned Banned

frivolity?
    why?
    you wish to undermine yourself?

8. ejderha Exhausted Registered Senior Member

This is your own opinion on the subject. And clearly, you don't agree with her. And that's your first take on the subject introducing her 'trolling'. Then you jump to that her post about being irrelevant to the title, nothing else, claiming this is the 'trolling'. What you are doing is simply manipulating a situation to support your own opinion by combining two unrelated seperate things. If you can follow your own post, you can see that. And that's simply 'trolling'.

9. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Hmmm. I think that would exclude the OP type, often.

The repetitious impugning by false allegation, of the OP type, that particular combination of ad hom and strawman, seems to be in good faith as often as not.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  10. mike47 Banned Banned

The other issue about this " trolling " is that not all people here have the same level of education . Some are very educated, some a little bit and some just blow with any wind . I know 3 languages and I read and also watch the news in these 3 languages so I know about the world . For someone just to tell me I am wrong because he knows one language and is constantly glued with Crazy glue to the US propaganda is his problem and not mine at all . The world is very huge and it is not just the US .

11. leopold Valued Senior Member

watch "the power of nightmares" and see for yourself.

let's see, other countries?
    afghan opium production for one.
    indias human trafficking for another.
    almost every nation is involved with the UN, and as you know it's the UN that's responsible for a lot of world events.

shall i go on?

12. Gustav Banned Banned

13. ejderha Exhausted Registered Senior Member

All I can see is, people disagreeing each other on American foreign policy. And attack each other under the extension of trolling issue.
    As majority is American they do not tolerate the opinion of minority. This is as simple as that.

14. ejderha Exhausted Registered Senior Member

Well, this is clearly trolling!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. mike47 Banned Banned

Agreed and thank you .
    The minority is always under a stick and a baton too.

16. iceaura Valued Senior Member

So all disagreement makes you feel unwelcome, regardless of how put, whether reasonable, whether you might be wrong, etc?

depends - what are you attempting to do?

17. John99 Banned Banned

the word should be banned.

18. mike47 Banned Banned

They are NOT reasonable and this the heart of the issue .
    If you want only and only people who agree with the US Administration policy then say it loud and clear . In free speech you do NOT dictate what others think .The worse is punishing them by warnings, banning ....etc .

19. countezero Registered Senior Member

It's not an opinion. It's a fact. US air force tactics, either real or imagined, has NOTHING to do with terrorism in Dallas.

If you think I am wrong, then please explain how the two are connected, because I would find that very interesting.

It is irrelevant. Thread titles are there for a reason. See the above.

If, for example, I post a thread about how Mcdonald's is offering a new burger and Sam pops in and posts something about how American capitalism is destroying the Third World, that's trolling. It's off-topic, it's inflammatory and it's an irrelevant attempt to goad people into arguing with her about her pet topic (how she hates all things American). This is not rocket science, nor is it an attempt to even address the content of her positions.

Bullshit.

There was a topic in that thread, a small fact you continue to ignore: Sam's post was off-topic and fits the definition of trolling. The content of her off-topic post is irrelevant, as I have now said on multiple occasions. Her opinion and mine about US air force tactics is irrelevant, which is why I did not challenge her on that issue. All that matters here is what she did, and what she did was trolling and it pretty much killed the thread before it began.

Furthermore, I am mystified by many posters (in this thread) who appear to be unaware of the definition of trolling. It was recently posted by James and its been defined by String as well. So it's not as if there is no rubric by which posts are being measured...

20. ejderha Exhausted Registered Senior Member

I wasn't talking about Dallas or any specific event. I was talking about the 'post' in this thread.

21. Gustav Banned Banned

thats what is astounding about the whole affair. we have an australian presumptuously speaking for america

we americans decide what can be placed on our table

22. countezero Registered Senior Member

Well, there was a context to what I was saying. And it was directly related to that post...

23. mike47 Banned Banned

Ideas and views ahve no frontiers .
    When debating an issue it is supreme to follow reality, logic and reason . Forget about nationality, religion and sex life ......hahaha.
    This is a forums site where people discuss issues . As a human I see every human issue as my concern regardless to nationality, religion....etc. If philosophers and scientists were blinded by nationalities they would have not advanced that much . Also they are honoured that others read them and discuss them .