the trolling issue

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by iceaura, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Well, that was fast. A few hours after that post my prediction came to pass, so all is well for a week in Sciforumsland...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

Your prediction didn't come to full fruition. Look at your quote you wanted him gone for an eternity. Not a week. Keep counting..

D you can mike it past seven I hope.)~just joking in the last part..

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

He was already banned when you made the prediction

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

The trolling issue:

Most points brought up by the troll introduce ideas that people have either heard or talked about before on a common basis. Trolls believe they an only they believe this information that they posess is "real and unheard of". But if any random person including a troll posts something close to the current state of reality, they are sure to get attention. The troll basks in this attention by playing psychological games that most often ends any intelligent conversation when a person feels fooled into thinking something that is so commonly wrong. But a true psychologist is able to see the reason without the expression of words. Hence disagreement between the reality and illusion is blurred. And we all hate anything that feels "uncertain"

Most things have already been said. Which brings almost anybody the propensity to be called a troll for expressing their own thoughts in their own way with the same words meant for similar points holding their own value.

Purpose is always the question in dealing with trolls.

8. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

Don't feed the TROLLs
    Someone told me that once.

9. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I didn't see it, so it is all the same... But do I get the 3 passes, the prize of the bet?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  10. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Such a decision is above my pay-grade.

11. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Not sure many trolls left here, been gone long time myself

But in use to be more in old days.

12. kwhilborn Banned Banned

This is off the trolling topic, however James R has called me a cop-out which I need to demonstrate is a totally false allegation. You will see I have attempted a serious experiment on sciforums and with "The Amazing Randi".

@ James R,
    If you look at post 14 in the original thread you will see that I was willing to participate in a "demonstration" 5 years ago with Crunchycat.http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=63619 <---- original thread

I HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH THE JREF IN REGARDS TO THEIR Million dollar prize. They essentially want a short youtube entry that they can poke fun at, and are unwilling to accept probabilities as proof. They made this very clear. That is why I am calling James Randi a fraud for not accepting probabilities. I have been in contact with his organization.

The demonstration I was organizing with crunchycat was never followed through on his behalf (not mine). You can follow through the exchanges made at that time on that link. I was 100% willing to co-operate despite the time and effort it would have required on my behalf.

I in no way "copped-out".

The person whom I was planning the experiment with apparently had NO INTENTION of doing the experiment with me and even claimed,
    I even had defence from Heliocentric after Crunchycat stated that, when he said
    I have outlined a very simple way to transmit thoughts to a friend or colleague. I have tried to do this experiment with a senior member of this forum over 5 years ago. It is easy to send thoughts and if you cannot with this method then the lot of you must be too mentally diminished.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  13. Bells Staff Member

Dude!

Really?

:bugeye: