The Trump Presidency

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. river

But I am right . Each county in any state has its own voting rules .

My views or responses .

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hipparchia Registered Senior Member

Your responses are ambiguous, which casts serious doubts on your views.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. river

At first , perhaps , but in time the ambiguity diminishes .

( But I am right . Each county in any state has its own voting rules .)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Hipparchia Registered Senior Member

You can listen to your own convictions, or you can listen to external input. Readers decide the quality of writing, not the author.

exchemist likes this.
  8. river

The More Readers , the better .

9. Hipparchia Registered Senior Member

Now that is intelligible, but is only relevant to the thread if the objective of the thread is to declare, "Oh, look at me. I'm River. I'm really smart and have great ideas and phenomenal insight."

10. river

I Read Books , Watch Intelligent programs , on TV .

11. Hipparchia Registered Senior Member

So frigging what? Once again, totally irrelevant.
    I read books, I write books, I watch intelligent programs on TV, I watch dumb programs on TV, but those facts are not relevant to this thread.

Look, I don't want to be giving you a hard time if, for example, you are dyslexic, or somewhere out there on the autistic spectrum, or similar. If do, let me know and I'll back right off.

12. river

From post#4666

Look I have known me for a long time . My Attitude Towards Understanding of Anything is , What do you think and Why . Discussion .

Where have I made an EGO based , I'm Superior to everyone post ? Give me the post# and thread , and where this thread is in .

13. Hipparchia Registered Senior Member

Here, in this thread. Why else talk about reading books? Why take multiple posts to (apparently) accept that your posts were unintelligble? Why declare "The More Readers the Better", seemingly seeing this as evidence of how attractive your writing is?
    And, in just about every other thread of yours I can think of.

14. river

Highlighted

Because of its Importance . A Truth no matter who said it .

15. Hipparchia Registered Senior Member

And you really don't see that talking about yourself reading books, out of the blue, no contact to the foregoing, you don't see that such is an expression of your ego? You have an even larger problem than I imagined.

16. river

I Try to Encourage others to do the same . Simple as that .

Read .

17. Hipparchia Registered Senior Member

No man. Get real. There was no encouragement there. Out of the blue, with no relationship to what had gone before, you suddenly said "I Read Books". You did not encourage others to do so, you did not suggest that they do so, and even if you had it is not apparent how that could relate to what went before.

Your posts are disconnected thoughts, ambiguous ramblings, concatenations of nonsense. I feel sorry for you.

I'm done. Wise up, or witter on. Your choice. I know which way it seems to be heading.

18. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

Not exactly. County officials carry a lot of the responsibility, but must all comply with state regulations. States must comply with HAVA standards.

19. river

State regulations differ from state to state , then .

20. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

If you were thinking of states, there are only 50, not 85,000 - that's a serious discrepancy.
    To some extent, yes, states do have their own regulations. We knew that already.
    We also know that who can tamper (insert BS, or whatever) is tightly controlled. Not Anyone can; just the officials, and the overwhelming majority, if not all, or them are so honest and conscientious I'm sure it must hurt. The integrity of the system is not in any danger from the polling stations or the tabulating officials, the postal service or the volunteer counters. It's in danger from the Republican party, the deeply invested financial supporters, the state-level politicians who want their backs scratched by their federal counterparts, the entrenched party system itself, the concentration of power, economic disparity, divisive political strategies, the electoral college and the deeply flawed principle of winner-take-all.

21. river

To your first statement , these volunteers have no voice , I get your point .

Highlighted

Agreed

The enticement of Authoritarianism is hard to ignore . Being the Head of a Country by Dictatorship ; creates all kinds of possibilities . Star Treks Future is based on this Idea of the Ultimate state . A state that looks after you . But you don't have any actual freedoms .

22. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

An interesting aside is how Putin has reacted to Biden's win...
    Not a lot coming out of the Kremlin...unification in the USA would be the last thing they want...as demonstrated by his supporter here at sciforums.

Perhaps Trump's failure to successfully inspire civil war and what that means to Putin may be why he is refusing to accept this political situation?
    I have a feeling, just a feeling, that there is more to come regarding Trump's failure to keep the Kremlin happy.

23. Saint Valued Senior Member

Trump can come back after 4 years, 2024 contests again.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.