The US is the bad guy in the world

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FatFreddy, Aug 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

I know what you meant. The situation for most poor people there, as in Central and South America, is so dire that they would rather take a chance on being shot at the border than slowly starving to death at home. How the situation became so dire has a great deal to do with US expansion and economic exploitation.
    (Yes, Spain and France, too, but they stopped in the 1800's. The US never did.)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. foghorn Valued Senior Member

Ehco's of the EU model using the cheap labour of others countries. One day there will be no rich or poor, the model will fix it all.
    Off topic for a mo.
    The thing I think funny with France (just after ww2) is, Northern France didn't like being under Nazi Germany, yet straight after the war, France thought they could go back to holding onto its colonial domination of Indochina (Vietnam here). But, aho, that's all in the past. Nothing will happen like that again.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

Of course not. Each time, it's by a bigger power on a grander scale.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. river

The thing is , is that generally Americans , have no idea of what the World thinks of them .

8. iceaura Valued Senior Member

The bully's delusion.
    Better for whom?
    Eventually the world's bad guy becomes the world's victim. That's often an ugly scene.
    Russia's economy is smaller than Italy's, and it can't afford an imperial navy. That's why its imperial ambitions are limited to its own borders.

9. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

This one has been whining about how it's victimized and taken advantage of for decades, even while trashing other countries.
    That and subversion. But the subversion in American politics was solicited by an American interest. Russia probably needs the money.

10. FatFreddy Registered Senior Member

This video explains things very clearly.

Engineering of Consent: guatemala coup 1954

It's a good one to send to your friends.

11. pluto2 Banned Valued Senior Member

No I'm from Israel but I'm considering leaving Israel for the better.

Israel is becoming a repressive police state and a quiet scary place to live in.

Also the healthcare system in Israel is quite bad and the doctors are corrupt.

I want to leave Israel for a better place with a better quality of life, less repression and more freedom and happiness.

I'm telling you: Israel is becoming no better than other extremely repressive and scary countries like Lebanon, Turkey, Egypt, Pakistan and Afghanistan.

12. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

If you go to the US, or even Canada, remember that you're not allowed to criticize Israel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.