"The Video that should sink John McCains Presidential Dreams"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ganymede, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

This information has been available to Republicans for months and it didn't stop him from getting the nomination, and it hasn't stopped both liberals and conservatives from maintaining this rose tinted version of McCain that they all admire. Trust me, it won't be issues of substance like this that will sink McCain. It'll be things of the Reverend Wright-Flag Lapel type in combination with Obama's strengths as a politician.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

What happened in this video? My earphones are broke.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

A redux of McCain lying about traveling through the streets of Baghdad without protection, and his lying about Patraeus traveling outside of the green zone in an unarmed humvee, along with Pat Buchanan's scorching of McCain's foreign policy and how it will inevitably lead to war with Iran.

8. DeepThought Banned Banned

McCain was only putting a positive spin on an issue which most people feel negative about, I wouldn't call it lying.

I mean, Obama's trying to convince us he's some kind of Messiah who's going to save the world?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  9. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

McCain's statement: Petraeus wanders around Iraq outside the green zone in an unarmored Humvee and there are neighborhoods in Iraq where an American can walk safely without protection.
    Fact: There are no unarmored Humvees, and Petraeus is always protected, especially outside the green zone. And at that time, there were absolutely no neighborhoods where an American could walk without protection.

Seems like plain and simple lying to me. :shrug:

10. DeepThought Banned Banned

I think the most you can call it is naive, a lot like Obama's insistence that Jerusalem must remain part of Israel, followd by his abrupt u-turn.

11. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Heh, perhaps the difference between you and I is that I'm not giving our wonderful politicians enough credit. I think there is no matter of scale when it comes to McCain's statements, they were lies. Same with Obama's Jerusalem debacle. Same with Hillary's sniper account.

12. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Well, Americans have been in South Korea over 60 years now so perhaps Iraq will be another South Korea if he is correct. I just don't see the point of leaving troops in Iraq for their going to get IED, sniped and harrased for whatever time they are there. The new government will only use the Americans as they want to , not letting them do what they should do but what they are told to do by the new administration in Iraq.

13. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Actually, some time the safest way to move about, is with out the entourage, who looks twice at a unobtrusive individual.

You wouldn't believe what you can get away with by going low profile.

and do you have proof that it hadn't been done?

14. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Sure:

CNN's John Roberts in an interview with McCain, along with video:

Money quotes in bold.

Also, CNN reporter Michael Ware who's been in Iraq for years comments earlier:

15. Noone special Registered Member

So it seems McCain has an overly optimistic military perspective. He even seems to have slipped up and stretched the truth quite a bit here. Who knows, he might have been a little uninformed.

Does this make you question his military experience or capability? I think I would probably still trust his over Obama's. Most americans aren't very educated on military matters, so how can we decide if McCain is wrong?

Unless this issue has little to do with military and more with the honesty of our candidates. In that case I would say this hurts McCain quite a bit.

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Old news. He's done alot of things that should have sunk him, but Republicans are going to vote Republican.

17. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Dunno about that, considering his fundraising and polling numbers. Plus, there are (former? current?) Republicans who explicitly support Obama over McCain.

18. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Please tell me you're kidding. There's been more Journalists killed in this War then in the Vietnam War. That's why reporters have all but abandoned Iraq. Because they can't survive without heavy military support. And our military doesn't have the resources to provide all Journalists with armed protection. The more troops we send, means the worst it's getting. Them more that's coming home, the better it is.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  19. countezero Registered Senior Member

Wow. Pat Buchanan. I'm convinced.

20. DeepThought Banned Banned

There's a much bigger media presence in Iraq than Vietnam, hence the higher death toll.

21. countezero Registered Senior Member

Not to mention, journalists in Iraq move around more freely than they did in Vietnam and do more "on-the-scene" or embedded style reporting.

22. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I don't watch video attack ads, its a matter of ethics, even if they are about a withered old fart like mccain to who I will be voting against. Now if they could make a video of "Young John McCain" that I would watch, because parody is always better the seriousness!

You mean the greater focus on death toll, because we lost nearly 60,000 men in vietnam.

23. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

And so are a lot of democrats.