The word that is our reality

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Tralay, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Tralay Registered Member

The Buddhists speak of things in this life as on a continual cycle of death and rebirth. It's funny because as an electronics expert I can see the significance of the parallels of this idea and the properties of an electronic signal. The signal is on a path where it reaches up to it's peak and then descends to the depths of the zero point reference and then beyond into the negative numbers to it's negative peak, and just as quickly ascends back up to the zero point and beyond to it's positive peak again. This cycle happens over and over and over and the effect that this occurrence has on what we consider solid forces is vibration. These vibrations are what our senses detect and our brains render these vibrations into some kind of information, be it taste, smell, sight, sound, touch. These vibrations give meaning to our surroundings, they tell us what color something is, how hard or soft that thing is, what it smells like, what it tastes like, what it looks like, and even whether we are going to like it or not. Without vibration our existence would not even be considered an existence.

So, in a manner of speaking, the cycle of life and death are vibrations in the universe. There are peaks and valleys when you look at the number of occurrences of births and deaths of all matter in the complete history of the earth and our reality. The life cycle. This brings me to another parallel. A common christian belief is that God spoke and the world was formed with his words. That the very vibrations of his voice formed our existence. Like an echo, we continue to resonate and replicate through what we consider time.

sense of experiencing as an observer. How this fits into the same frequency pattern as the rest of reality is such a mystery to me and something I must figure out. It The fact that everything in our reality is a vibration, a voice for all intents and purposes, it is logical to conclude that all living creatures, and inanimate objects as well, behaves in the manner of the conclusions that have been extrapolated through the study of vibrations in scientific labs. That human actions and reactions can be predicted by understanding the mechanics of signal propagation and attenuation in regards to it's relationship to other signals. The mixing of signals, The behavior of certain frequencies.

It all sounds very complex, and it is, but this is what haunts me on a continuous basis because somewhere in between complexity and simplicity lies a vast, immeasurable distance that seems to have no end. I wonder what I am all the time. I know who I am, but WHAT am I? Maybe I will never know.

Frequency, the amount of something happening in a given amount of time. The idea of it seems so untouchable, so empty even though the something can be experienced physically or mentally, which both are one and the same to my understanding, though i reference the words separately for those of you who do not see the connection. We witness frequencies in every single aspects of our lives, we base things off of these frequencies, We call these frequencies habits, time. Frequencies make us grow accustomed to events. Frequencies in the form of music controls our mood. It sustains our lives. Frequencies describe who we are, what we are, where we are, when we are, how we are, every single aspect of our behaviors. So, the world is constantly dying and rebirthing at incredible frequencies and making up the existence of an incredible and immensely unfathomable symphony.

The very idea of self is the most amazing part to me. The seeming separation of ourselves from others. The me factor. The singularity that exists that creates the sense of experiencing as an observer. How this fits into the same frequency pattern as the rest of reality is such a mystery to me and something I must figure out. It is the thing that scares me the most. It consumes me and every once in a while it sends shivers down my spine to think that whatever essence I am is captured in this reality. So, I live with the duality of knowing that everything is within God's plan and being fearful of being in God's plan at the same time.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

Or arguably futile to wonder about to begin with, should one's choice in ontology or metaphysics be anti-panpsychism in nature. Sparingly unpackaged:

If there's an archetypal version of the world that mind / consciousness / brain (whatever selection) is merely representing and "showing / feeling" via those experiences, and said world is popularly claimed to overall be devoid of phenomenal and intellectual capacity (i.e., fundamentally mind-less)... Then accordingly that archetypal realm is not engaging in or dispensing categories, classifications, taxonomy or hierarchies of understanding of any kind (that would be the final word).

There would be no ultimate "What I am or what this is" apart from the conventions a variety of human-invented folk-traditions and academic / technical systems are excreting during a particular era, which might claim such lofty status. Garnering practical authority variously from a success at management; a success at discovery and harnessing _X_ and other results; sheer power of legal or military force; ideological indoctrination of general population or specific schools of members; cultural impetus from the past; so-forth.

- - -

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tralay Registered Member

I agree with the futility, and why that happened I don't know. Why do we do most of the dumb things we do?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

It sounds like you are looking for a "purpose" for life and maybe specific purpose for your life

Relax neither exist

Existence is what it is

No more no less

You can MAKE a PURPOSE for your life but don't fall into the trap of believing in YOUR purpose applies to anybody else or is a generic Universe purpose

Those pathways leads to religion and/or madness

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Tralay Registered Member

Well, the more you get to know me, the more you'll realize that I can say one of the smartest things you'll ever read and then turn right around and say the dumbest thing you'll ever read, apparently i'm all over the map lol

9. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Likewise but I mitigate mine with Poe

Tralay likes this.