The world hates America

Discussion in 'World Events' started by lixluke, Jun 1, 2007.

?

Why does the world hate America?

1. They are jealous of America's freedom.

9 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. They are tired of America's oppression and terror.

35 vote(s)
    58.3%
  3. Other (explain in thread)

6 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Don't know/don't care

10 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

And you call that not trolling? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight........

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Anytime you want to start trying to actually do that, instead of by turns threatening to do it and claiming it's done, would be OK.

It would also be be OK to simply ignore this thread, if you don't feel like contributing to it. As has already been pointed out to you (presciently, if i do say so myself), nobody will be any the less wise for your absence.

On the other hand, posts like John's bring up a legitimate possibility: maybe it's not America that "the world" (except Rolex-loving Albanians) "hates". Maybe it's not hatred, exactly, and maybe it's more specifically directed.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

So thats it Iceaura, you are looking for someone to hate?

You and 'truth'seeker claim that that Americans use more resources than EVERY other nation and i say prove it...but you cannot so now your frustration is coming to the surface.

Coal: The average Australian uses more coal than anyone on the planet.

http://www.uic.com.au/nip37.htm

Overfishing: U.S does not support whaling.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/1999527.stm

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

What about the consumer debt. It reached 9 trillion a few months ago. Will you only see the light when it reaches 10 trillion?

8. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

9. mabufo Registered Senior Member

Personally, I really hate Malta.

10. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I just watched a commercial from "DirectBuy". They were showing a table that is normally sold by over $3,000 being sold by about half the price. I said to myself "who the fuck would spend over $1,000 with a freaking table?" Then they showed a map of their locations- all in the US....

Other people were giving "testemonials" in the commercial. "Oh I saved $30,000 with my kitchen. It only cost me $50,000." Wtf!? Do you realize the rest of the world doesn't spend ridiculous amount of money with crap like americans do? :bugeye:

11. mabufo Registered Senior Member

Three cheers for broad generalizations with no factual foundations!

12. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I went to this huge real estate convention over the weekend starring Donald Trump and Tony Robbins.

Donald Trump is complaining beause environmentalists in America have stopped rich people from on the water like they do in Asian countries. For example, artificial islands built completely on top of the water to house an entire airport or a vacation spot. He beleives that building an artificial island development has an insignificant impact to the vastness of the ocean. His justification is that building these islands provide jobs for people.

Rich people believe they are the best thing for mankind because they provide jobs for people. The rich are the most beneficial part of the economy because they do all the hard work to keep the economy functioning. Too bad this is false because the rich are really leeches.

When it comes to this thread of the world hates America. The equation is simple. They pay the price so we can live in paradise. If you are in one of those countries, you can say, "We pay the price so they can live in paradise".

13. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Those are middle income people. You call middle income people "broad generalizations"....? :bugeye:

14. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, if you know, then tell us ....what are the "middle income" people? What's the high and low salary/income range ...exactly! Because if it's not exact and precise, then you must not know what "middle income" is either.

Baron Max

15. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Ever went to a suburb? Well, that's where the middle incomers live. Look at their houses and backyards. Then you will have a good idea about how much the US consume.

16. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

This discussion is ridiculous. It's so blatantly obvious and widely know worldwide that the US overconsume that it is ridiculous that some US citizens consciously turn a bind eye to it and convince themselves that what they consume just as much as the rest of the world. Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. :bugeye:

17. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

I consume more than the average American.

18. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

how much?

19. John99 Banned Banned

Finally your being honest.

20. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

It's funny thaty nearly 60% of people responded "They are tired of America's oppression and terror." in the poll, eh? Huuummm...Why is that?

21. John99 Banned Banned

I did not even vote, as a matter of fact i dont even think i looked at the choices. Hardly a scientific representation if you ask me.

22. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I voted "other", btw...

23. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

"It's funny thaty nearly 60% of people responded "They are tired of America's oppression and terror." in the poll, eh? Huuummm...Why is that?"

-Because the poll was very poorly constructed. "Tired of America's..." was the least ridiculous of the only two substantive choices. It's like having someone ask if you found this funny because you are a young opsimath, or because you have an underdeveloped sense of humor (or other/don't care).