The world hates America

Discussion in 'World Events' started by lixluke, Jun 1, 2007.

?

Why does the world hate America?

1. They are jealous of America's freedom.

9 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. They are tired of America's oppression and terror.

35 vote(s)
    58.3%
  3. Other (explain in thread)

6 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Don't know/don't care

10 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. iceaura Valued Senior Member

So the link for Australia does not even state the coal consumption of the average Australian, let alone compare it with any other country.

And whales are not fish. Nor does any of the current whale kill constitute overfishing by anyone.

But keep trying - an actual fact, however irrelevant, is a distinct improvement.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. John99 Banned Banned

So, do you want me to find where it does say that explicitly? Forget it i dont come here to educate you, just go back and read my posts...I AM NOT THE LIAR HERE...just keep fucking your credibilty why would i care about that?

You posted a link that contradicts you viewpoint and your still bitching. If you had even the slightest real interest in this subject you would actually know tha facts...you are flaming...thats all.

I know whales are not fish, if you had read my link you would know the significance of that statement. Would you like to see how much i do know about marine biology? Much more than you i am sure.

Now you just look like an evil telemarketer.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Be nice. Since it was, after all, supposed to support your explicit claim.

I don't know what claim the whale link was supposed to support. Although if whales are a major resource you would have successfully found one major resource that several countries use more of, per capita, than the US.

I venture to say ocean fish themselves would be a better shot - more major, and ocean fish consumption per capita as well as gross exploitation rates would likely (my guess) support a claim of US moderation. Furthermore, some countries have come to serious disagreements - even hatred ? - over fishing rights here and there, so the whole thing would be sort of relevant to the OP. The US is not the only hated country everywhere and always, that would be.

But this is the kind of argument you no doubt will be making for yourself, when you have run out of names to call people - at current rates, any time now, eh?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John99 Banned Banned

I have shown coal and oil (PER CAPITA) to be used more by other countries, i just keep repeating the same thing here- Look at the links i posted and get the data and we will discuss it. I would bet you that it is a fact Australians use more coal than their American counterparts...etc.

I am resource conscious myself, you can look at ANY developed nation and there is no possible way the averge person (i even type in the fricken dark, look at my mistakes, they are allways one character off)- so i sit here in pitch black...and hit the new post button like i am playing joker poker....but anyway> read my first paragraph and cpome back with somehting substantial.

8. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

cuz usa supports terrorism and kills innocent people

england pwns america in every way, and so does every other country

9. iceaura Valued Senior Member

The links I posted have more detailed and more relevant data.

The original contention was that the US uses more of most major reources per capita than almost any other comparable (by comparable, we exclude places like Guam and Singapore, no?) country. Later, as the facts became more solid, I removed the second qualification - it's not almost any other comparable country, it's any other comparable country. It's still "most major" resources.

That contention you have yet to deal with, by fact or by argument. The complete irrelevance of waht you have posted, to the contention, makes me wonder whether you have understood it - let alone the argument for the OP it was intended to support.

And you can "bet" all you want to about Australian per capita coal consumption, but you haven't provided a single item of evidence or a single reasonable argument in support of what remains an empty assertion. Your link, for example, that you provided for that purpose, doesn't fulfill it. I have read your links. You have not read mine, apparently - the data in mine do support my contentions, and by inference then my argument - which we haven't even approached.

It's an assertion that does not contradict the contention, even, let alone the argument. So what if Australians do use more coal per capita than anyone else on earth? The contention stands, and the argument remains to be considered.

Recap: To support its average standard of living, the US requires anywhere from 2/3 to 10% more per capita of most major resources than comparable countries with comparable (some better) average standards of living. My point is simply that this excess resource requirement (some would say waste) has been a significant factor in bringing the US into conflict world wide, has been a significant factor in shaping political attitudes and policies at home, and has thereby contributed to the negative perceptions of American behavior exaggerated in the thread title: "The world hates America".

10. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

One has to wonder why there are no "Why America hates the rest of the world" threads.

Always it's "Why the world hates America" threads.

One can imagine that America has better things to think about, and everyone else hasn't.

Whatever floats your boat.

Whatever floats America's.

Same thing, no?