The world

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by birch, Mar 3, 2018.

1. birch Valued Senior Member

whenever i mistakenly feel too sorry for myself and lose perspective, a part of me kicks in to remember those who suffer alongside or were/are recipients of worse chance.

i remember in middle school when i was waiting outside after class for the bus and there was a line of developmentally or mentally challenged kids my own age getting on their bus and one of them stood out to me. he was very tall and was carrying a kids lunch box. i could see/feel his soul and his inner light. it was so kind and loving. so utterly innocent and loving even in the face of such cruelty and degradation.

he was so beautiful, i had to catch my breath. it's like his inner light was softly emitting all around his aura and his facial expression. so utterly innocent and a heart of humble goodwill unaware there was nastiness and danger around him. my breath was catching because i didn't want that evil to taint or touch him. i felt his soul and it was just soo good. i can't emphasize how much. i believe there are angels among us and i saw an angel in him. they can exist anywhere and in any situation in this world. his soul wasn't just good, it was wise, very loving and highly evolved. i sensed it clearly.

some of the regular kids were taunting them very viciously. he was so beautiful, such a beautiful soul trapped in a situation he didn't deserve. he deserved a normal life like everyone else.

it is utterly humbling to remember how many people do not get to attain many things just like us and they deserve it too.

that's the thing that is very hard to understand and that is how can evil hate or be cruel to such beauty and precious good in a person but that terrible, irrational and horrible reality exists as well.

there are angels everywhere. anyone who is moved to do good in the world, even in the smallest gestures, is drawing from their angelic side.

then there are people who are amazingly angelic. they are the ones who devote their lives to improving the lives of those who are suffering and downtrodden.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. birch Valued Senior Member

it made me cry and it made me angry. i had this deep sense that souls like that shouldn't be here because they will be hurt. and worse, they won't understand why and blame themselves or devalue what is good in them because they end up believing they don't deserve love or not worthy when they are the worthiest. this awful sinister reality. this universe is too harsh and cold/lonely place for that type of innocence.

i just loved him instantly and i still do to this day when i remember. i was so humbled when i sensed him. if he had been born okay, i could tell he would have been a very successful and good man. it still makes me cry to this day when i remember him.

the reason i say nihilistic views is because i hate to see or know suffering exists. it's ironicly because i care very deeply and i can't save everyone but i want to. i see the only way to stop it is if it all stopped existing. the most unforgivable suffering, torture, corruption and/or pain is of the innocent.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pluto2 Banned Valued Senior Member

I'm also worried about the state of this world.

This planet is a mess and too many people are suffering, extremely struggling and dying on this planet, especially innocent children.

If we don't find a way to make interstellar travel possible then we are in serious trouble.

We need to find a way to get out of this planet and rather fast.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

8. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

We are here for better or for worse. I don't know what we would discover off world that we can't find here.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

According to Steven Pinker, fewer people are killed or starve than at any time in history.

10. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

Is he famous for his studies in the field of history or impact of industrial civilization on the planet or human health and mortality?

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Yes.

12. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

13. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I presume that is as a percentage of the population at a given time.

Alex

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

15. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

No more than a historian or ecological scientist is expert in fields pertaining to psychology

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018