The X-Files 7h season?

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by ltcmmdr, Oct 29, 1999.

1. ltcmmdr Registered Senior Member

I thought The X-Files will end with season 6. Does anyone knows why Chris Carter decided to do a season 7? Is season 7 will be the last or continuing for more seasons? I'm a big X-Files fan and have heard The X-Files will end with season 6.

------------------
    everything is not what it
    appears to be

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. dexter ROOT Registered Senior Member

well your see itcmmdr, there is a little thing in this world called money, and well, z-files, being the big hit sci-fi show it is, brings in a lot of this thing called money. and well the guy that created it, wants more of this money. that is why there will be a seventh seson.

that is all

------------------
    dexter

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. dexter ROOT Registered Senior Member

i'm sorry, i meant the x-files, my bad

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ltcmmdr Registered Senior Member

Well DUH, Dexter! I know about the money. I was asking why they made an announcement saying there is no X-Files and then turn around and a season 7. DON'T THINK I'M STUPID ENOUGH NOT TO KNOW ABOUT THE MONEY PART!

8. dexter ROOT Registered Senior Member

well, they made the movie, so that would inspire more and more people to watch. and he thought that there would'nt be any more x-files, so he said that, but then he got an idea or somthing. cause the money part is a biiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggg part.

that is all

------------------
    dexter

9. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

I know Duchovny wants to be rid of Mulder. He's made no secret about it. This season is supposed to be his last. Anderson, however, is signed on for another season. That's as far as I've heard about a 7th season. After so many years, it would be difficult to accept Scully without Mulder. It would be like Kirk without Spock. It might carry on, but we'd all know something was missing.

As a joke, my bother and I wrote a goofy premise for the 7th season where Fox has been "abducted" (aliens? Cancer Man?) and his "unmentioned" brother, Moose, comes in from Green Bay with all his college Packer buddies. I don't think Carter'd buy it, but we had this image of a '73 Chevy Nova pulling up alongside Smokey and bunch of green-jacketed gorillas piling out and working him over until they find out what happened to Moose's brother. (Fox went to Oxford and studied psychology, Moose went to Green Bay and studied linebacking.) I know, it's cheesy (no pun intended, Wisconsin), it's stupid, but we had a lot of fun with it.

Hey, looking at your life right now, which X-Files character do you think you're most like? I really admire Cancer Man, but I think I'm more like Krycek. I get knocked to the ground, but always come back up swinging. I'm a survivor who's trying to make the best out of a situation waaaaaaay beyond my control. I'm also doing a lot of looking out for Number One.