Theme of the universe = waste resources?

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by TabbyStar, Jul 8, 2019.

1. river

From post #15
    Yet recycles .

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TabbyStar Registered Member

I received it as a compliment

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

An endorsement...a Billboard of my thoughts! Better than the, "like" button

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. river

To your last statement .

Explain further .

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. billvon Valued Senior Member

Important part highlighted.

Yes, from your perspective, it might be "wasteful." However, keep in mind that if it was not so wasteful, you wouldn't be here - so that counts for something.

river likes this.
  8. billvon Valued Senior Member

Not really. Stars burn out and become dead. The entire universe is headed for a heat death in many billions of years.

9. TabbyStar Registered Member

I understand your point but I look at it another way. My view is that, for example, we are alone in the Milky Way. Then for us to exist, only one star (sun) is required...in general practice anyway. The other 399+ billion (my crued estimate) are then not needed. Unless there is some purpose they serve unbeknownst to me. On that note. If only 1 star burned, the others could be in a reserve state. Only igniting, one at a time, after one burned out. "Heat Death" of the Milky Way could be prolonged out further in time.

10. river

So the physical , the evolution of the physical , becomes, extinct ?

11. billvon Valued Senior Member

Maybe, maybe not.
    ?? You need trace elements like copper, zinc and iodine to live. Where do you think they came from?
    Stars don't ignite because of a specific event. They ignite because enough hydrogen collects in one place.

12. billvon Valued Senior Member

Couldn't parse that. The universe will die of entropy eventually; everything will become the same temperature and all chemical reactions will stop. If you want to call that "extinct" then that's fine.

13. TabbyStar Registered Member

Maybe the resource usage of the universe is better viewed as an indicator that it is truly randomly arranged? By a construct of mankind, it can be viewed as not optimal. Of course, the question begs, "What is optimal"? To me, it seems obvious that there are countless ways to deplete resources (star fusion) more efficiently. Both in terms of quantity and of time duration.

Having said that. As a puny (me), individual, on Earth...why is my insignificant self able to mentally picture a better order of resource usage in the cosmos? If intelligently designed by an entity, surely their superior intellect would not allow such a deductive reasoning conclusion on my part. Would it not be awkward in principle?

So many thoughts with so few (if any) absolute answers. Can only ponder

14. river

Then what ?

What happens when all chemical reactions stop ?

15. billvon Valued Senior Member

Then the universe becomes a pretty boring place. No more life, no more (visible) light.
    No more life for one thing.

16. TabbyStar Registered Member

I was assuming, for the moment, in the Milky Way example. Trying to flow my thoughts best I could. We do not know.

It's difficult for guys, like, me to express thoughts sometimes. Especially in neighborhoods of higher intellects. I understand q & a sessions. No problem there. Not good at citing specific sources or point counterpoints often. Still I try to participate the best I can.

Off topic. Part of my dilemma is 36 years in automotive engineering. An environment where $$$ is everything! Efficiencies matter! Get a machine to operate faster, more parts...less defects...money money money. So most of my brain exercises view the cosmos in similar ways. Hard, if not impossible, to shake my career experiences

I will try to lurk more. Again, I am not on the same science level as others. Likely, I never will be. Not much sense in wasting precious forum time on my low level thoughts. You and me are fine

You seem witty. Keep doing what you do! I will learn a lot from you and countless others. TY for that

17. river

No anything . No movement .

18. river

Intellect is about attitude .

19. billvon Valued Senior Member

No anything. Very little relative movement.

20. river

No anything means no thing .

21. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Par for the course.

22. river

For example .

23. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Aw, don't think like that. As long as you're a genuine seeker (and not a troll, which you're not lol)...no one will be wasting their time.

I think it's the disingenuous trolls that can be irksome.

paddoboy and river like this.