Theory on Our Lives Being Pre-Destined

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Fartalot, Jan 26, 2002.

1. Fartalot Registered Member

If the theory of there being an infinite number of parallel dimensions, in which I, or each person is in an infinite number of different places and situations at the same time is true, then that means that our lives have to be pre-destined. Our fates chosen for us. Let me explain. I have come to this conclusion because I look the way I do because at the very early stages of my development, while still in the womb, my physical appearance was determined by the alignment of my parents' cells in a certain order. That means that for me to look the way I do, my two parents had to have been together at one point. And that means that they would have had to have gotten together in every single one of the parallel dimensions, also, for there to be a me in every dimension, for the dimensions to continue to be remotely parallel and still resemble each other. For if there was no me, then that would mean that there would be no lots of other people, and the dimensions would drift apart. So in the parallel dimensions, many things are different, but some things would have to be the same, like the conception of every child between the same two people. So maybe that is what is meant by the people that say that everyone has a soul mate. But maybe they are wrong by the soul mates understanding each other and all of that, maybe it is just meant, that in order to keep the infinite dimensions parallel, some people must interact with each other in every single one of the dimensions. So maybe it is not that our whole lives are pre-destined, but only one tiny part.

So, the way I see it, this theory of mine either proves both the infinite parallel dimension theory, and the theory of our lives being pre-destined; or it disproves both of them. But I want to hear your comments, so please, if after reading this theory, you have any thoughts on it, go ahead and post a follow-up.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Merlijn curious cat Registered Senior Member

Not necessarily

Hi Fartalot (strange name...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

),
    What you say is not necessarily true: that there are an infinite amount of copies of you does not mean that you are in all the possible parallel universes.
    Here is why: if we number all the possible universes (1, 2, 3, 4, ....) and you were in all parallel universes with an odd number (hence your nickname?) there would be an infinite number of copies of you, but also an infinite number of universes without a copy of you.
    I am sure you get the idea.

Bye bye
    Merlijn

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. orthogonal Registered Senior Member

Hey Fartalot and Merlijn,

I agree with Merlijn. I can find no reason that compels me to believe that all universes must either begin or evolve identically.

While an infinite number of precisely identical universes might possibly exist, I can't see that it would practically matter in the least to you or I. I would not complain any more if died an infinite number of identical deaths, or if I died only a single death. It would be similar to looking at myself in two parallel mirrors; an infinity of images of the same thing. Can anyone find a reason why an infinite number of identical universes might matter to us beyond a metaphysical speculation? This isn't a rhetorical question, I'm asking for help to insure I didn't miss anything.

Michael

Last edited: Jan 29, 2002
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Merlijn curious cat Registered Senior Member

Hi Orthogonal,

David Deutsch says that other universes are relevant to our universe. Differences between parallel universes interfere with each other, according to him. I do not believe this and I think the multiple universes theory won't pass Occam's Razor.
    This said, I do not believe there is a relevance, apart from some metaphyscal speculation.

Merlijn.

8. orthogonal Registered Senior Member

Merlijn,

I've been meaning to read D. Deutsch's book, The Quest for the Quantum Computer. I understand that Deutsch thinks that we might be able to enhance computational process by somehow tapping into other universes. I don't yet understand what he's up to, though the claim sounds a bit wild.

I was asking the more specific question if there would be any practical ramifications should there exist an infinite number of identical universes. You seem to be in agreement with me that the answer is no.

Thanks,
    Michael

9. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Parallel Universes and Fate

Well, you can be sure that there are many dimensions. There are many frequencies of energy. The physical frequency is one of the lowest. I explain this later in another post...
    You, Fartalot, asked if your theory is right... I will be sincere... I'm pretty confused about it... :bugeye:.
    You can be sure about one thing: you make your destiny to this life. You can choose what will happen to you through your actions and, mainly, through your intentions. What does this means? It means that the energy you project in the Universe, you receive back. This is what make your destiny.
    Of course, there is a reason why you have those parents. You (actually, your Highter Self, your True Self) choosed them. They are with you to help in your evolution towards the Truth, your origin. The Universe had "choosen" them to you because your energy... how can I explain... sintonized with their energies. That's complex... I will try to explain later, in another post...
    Actually... hard question... eh?
    Well, lets talk about the parallel universes. In order for us to exist in more than one universe at the same time is undoubtly the necessity of connection between this universes. Otherwise, what will make us born in more than one universe at the same time? So, if there is connection between them (in this case, black holes for sure) yes, we can exist in more than one universe, and we have a tiny fate. Otherwise, is impossible, and you can exist only in different dimensions at the same time.
    I will try to post messages about Black Holes, Parallel Universes and Existence in Multiple Dimensions later.
    Excellent question! I never had that idea of connection before... Is the first time I have to find out the answer while I'm writing it...

. Thanks!

Blessings,
    Nelson

10. John Como Registered Senior Member

Parallel & multiple dimensions

Mildly interesting speculation... but irrelevant to our existence on this planet. Also interesting how some of us insist on affixing a reason - as opposed to cause & effect. With our limited knowledge, we can entertain ourselves with all kinds of suppositions until the cows come home... but I'm somewhat of a skeptic and believe, in fact, that the human brain is incapable at this point in time to comprehend much of the truth of what's out there, and in here. Peace and goodwill.

John C.

11. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I was not talking about knowledge... I was talking about wisdom...
    It's not just an speculation... it can be proved by scientific facts. Our brain limits our knowledge, but the Wisdom that comes from our Spirits has no limits.

Blessings,
    Nelson

12. John Como Registered Senior Member

Non-spiritual

With our limited wisdom, then, I think we're left with a lotta idle speculation. It's a bit of fun, sure, but some of us don't take it very seriously. If I understand Nelson's reference to spirits, I would say without hesitation that there is absolutely no scientific proof for such balderdash. At least, that's the way I see it on this dark and stormy Thursday nite, Jan 31. Peace and goodwill.

John C.

13. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Re to John

My principle comes from the fact that matter is a form of energy. That's all I need to say.

Blessings,
    Nelson

14. kmguru Staff Member

Multiple universes do have a relevance. It may be easier to travel to a parallel universe to our sister planet than to a palce faraway - if one can design a dimensional gateway.

There is a possibility that we are linked to our counterparts at a quantum level and information can be moved back and forth today until we can transfer matter through the gateway. I have talked to a few friends who are doing research in quantum matrix and computation. They do not want to publish this without peer review, but think in these terms.

Quantum world is really weird...

15. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I totally agree with you Kmguru.

Quantum physics is really weird...

16. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

THE SCIENTIFIC PROOF THAT GOD EXISTS!!

John Como,

Here is the explanation:

According to Quantum Physics, energy comes in "packs". And this "packs" have a certain amount of energy. Energy has many frequencies. Matter is just one of the frequencies. We can't detect anything beyond 299,792,458 m/s. God is not made by matter, so, we can't detect Him. And He is an Spirit, so we are. And Life is a type of energy too that cannot be detected because is beyond the limit established by light.
    How do I know that there is something beyond the limit? Where do you think that those particles from the Vacuum come from? Think about it...

THE PROOF THAT GOD EXISTS!!!

Blessings,
    Nelson

17. Merlijn curious cat Registered Senior Member

the logic

Thinking about it all, I'm getting amazed and confused. where is the logic? -The logic is there in the basement next to the dead parrot sketch. TruthSeeker put it there, I guess.

But...on a more serious level: If there is interference from one (parallel) universe to another, albeit on a quantum level, then these universes exchange information and therefor there must be a physical link between them [see e.g. Landauer, R. (1999) Information is a Physical Entity, Physica A 263, pp. 63-67]. Why would we not call these parralel universes just part of our own universe? Whatis the big fuzz al about?
    This is one of the reasons why I think we should wqant to reconsider the parallel universes theory: it will not Occam's Razor test. (and frankly, I think it should be put in the hall of [in]fame, next to Freud's psychoanalysis, astrology, alchemy, etc.)

Merlijn

18. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Everyone Deserve Happiness

Where is the logic in logic? Logic just make things complex...
    With simplicity, it is much easier to live a peaceful and happy life. The choice is yours!! Wheter you will continue confused and stressed with your thoughts , or have a simple life in communion with Nature and with yourself is your choice...

As I said to Avatar and I say to everyone:
    You deserve to be happy!
    As human beings, with all your feelings, you deserve to be happy! And you will be if you accept it...

But there are people that say: "I have a very bad and sad life...

" And thinks that someone will have pity of you and rescue you... Wake up! People will Love you as much as you Love yourself!! But don't be selfish, of course. Love yourself, but NEVER hurt people to fulfill your own interests.

I'll put my best quote here too:

"If everyone could pass a message of Love and Compassion to the world, words such as Utopia would never exist."
    Nelson

Another one that I made up now...

:
    "If everyone could plant cheries in the world, the world would be really cheerful...

"
    Nelson

So plant "cherries"...

Blessings,
    Nelson

19. Merlijn curious cat Registered Senior Member

Nelson,
    I am very happy and grateful. Thank you for your loving words. I love life, and I am happy often. The frustrations of having the wrong job, and the restlesness of being alone keep me from being happy all of the time.
    But still I do not see how logic would conflict with my love. Logic does not make thinks complex, on the contrary. However, I do realise that logic is less important than awe.
    I hope you get what you wish for.

Rogier Merlijn

20. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Have the wrong job? Try to change...
    It's never late to start again...
    Alone? I'm too... and you can see how much I love and have hope that I will soon be loved...

I'll post something about Happiness...
    "The Secret of Happiness and Success"

You will see that it is perfectly logic...

P.S.: If you want to reply, please don't do it until the weekend. I can't get here these days... I've started school again and I will be very busy (as usual...)...

Blessings,
    Nelson