Theory re breast fascination

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Theoryofrelativity, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

deleted in protest to really poor moderation

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=499452

ah here is some supporting information:

"Desmond Morris' theory is always good for a laugh or to break the ice at parties:
    Chimpanzee (and, so is postulated, early human) females are only fertile for a certain part of their cycle. Unlike humans, dolphins and bonobos, who copulate at the drop of a hat, to conserve energy chimps only mate during the female's estrus, which is signalled by blood engorging the female's posterior - the male sees the big swollen ass, a switch flips in his head, and 4.3 seconds later - the deed is done.

Whether they're ruminating on the forest floor or brachiating (juss kidding - I don't believe chimps brachiate) they tend to roam around on all fours, making a receptively-inflated posterior quite a spectacle. It is thought that this visibility is one of the things pre-humans gave up as they adopted a bipedal stance - a combination of the change in orientation and stronger upper-leg muscles rendered the swollen area invisible between a woman's legs. So, it is thought, a more-visible analogue for them had to be developed.

Here's where we get to the breasts. Apes of all kinds (and indeed all mammals - it's what makes us mammals!) breast-feed their young and have sufficient equipment for the process, yet they don't have the great protruding hooters of the race Dolly Parton can be said to represent. It is supposed that both non-estrus sexual activity and pronounced breasts were successful evolutionary traits at getting around the males' disinterest at lack-of-genital-flares.

To succinctly summarize: we like big boobs because they remind the chimp part of our brain of a big swollen bum."

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

interesting theory.
    but boob size doesnt matter to me, really.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

all this means is that you are not a 'bum' man

8. q0101 Registered Senior Member

I don’t know about that. I guess it could be true. Evolutionary psychologists are always thinking about new theories to explain why we are attracted to different body parts. The events in our childhood and adolescent years play an important role in determining what we are attracted to. Some men develop a fetish for breast and some men develop an ass fetish. I like both of them but I definitely have a preference for breast.

I think some men prefer to see a woman’s breast partially covered because it makes them imagine what their breast look like uncovered. It plays an important role in the mating game. Most men would not be attracted to breast if it were culturally acceptable for women to walk around the streets topless. Clothes can also help to accentuate a woman’s beauty. It is the equivalent of a male bird displaying his feathers to a female.

BTW, I just want to let you, Sam, and Nubian know that you all have amazing breast. I liked all of your pictures, especially yours TOR.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Or maybe he is.

In any case it's not about human breast size - merely about the fact that humans have larger breasts than other mammals to compensate for their... hidden regions.

10. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

11. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

......either that, or the fact that males are triggered by the compulsion to seek young fertile females (with firm breasts) and sagging breasts are a trait of the old and infertile. Perhaps boob-boosting is just another prop for females to emulate youth.

12. Vega Banned Banned

Size does matter!!!, especially if they are perfectly firm and perky

13. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

women are as fascinated by boobs as men, why is that?

Is the attraction in fact to do with the innate requirement for us as babies to be attached to the breast in order that we seek nourishment from them?

14. q0101 Registered Senior Member

I guess that I am different than most guys because I don’t like breasts that are too firm, especially if they are larger than a B cup. I don’t like them too saggy, but I enjoy seeing them move when women walk, jump, have sex, Ect. Firm breast don't move that much, especially if they're fake.

An article from http://discoverychannel.ca/sexfiles/season_1/sfs102b2.shtml

A circle with a nipple smack dab in the centre

Breast implant surgery tends to create a breast that moves very little, and is spherical, unlike a natural sloping breast. The image of breast as a round circle with the nipple smack dab in the centre brings to mind the fantasies of pubescent boys who have never seen a real breast. In art history, the figure of Botticelli’s Venus, as well as other female figures painted at that time, reveal an unnaturally rotund breast with an artificially high nipple. Marilyn Yalom can identify when in history this ideal became popular: “It is in the Renaissance that you do begin to have a larger and spherical breast in paintings as compared to the Middle Ages where the ideal breast was small. Of course high and firm has always been part of the ideal. And I think plastic surgery has created, certainly in the eighties, the kind of breast that was a globe as opposed to the way most real women’s breasts are, which is like a pear.” The similarities between the breasts these old masters painted and the bust being constructed by the overwhelmingly male establishment of plastic surgeons is distinct: both feature the artifice of a round breast with a centered nipple.

However, Dr. Davis disagrees. “The sloping breast comes with maturity, and I don’t mean middle-age maturity, I mean women in their twenties. This kind of round full breasts isn’t a breast you see on an adult women, it is however the sort of breast you see on a young teenage girl, a girl that is in puberty.”

Dr. Davis uses evolutionary psychology to explain why men fixate on teenager’s breasts: “It could be that men have evolved to find that attractive, or that is a potent signal to them because it does suggest youth and youth is a potent symbol of fertility. I think it is hardwired. We have probably evolved and it is adaptive.”

15. water the sea Registered Senior Member

But this theory (as in the op) then implies that there is in fact no actual difference between a bum man and a breast man.
    The breast man is ... the bourgeoised version of a bum man.
    Heh.

(I love the way I used the italics here.)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2006
  16. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

indeed unlesssssss

the bum man is merely more neanderthal in nature, ie closer to his ancestral past.

Perhaps a bum man has other traits that back this up.

BUM men step forward please and identify yourself, I have some questionsssssss

my ex was a bum man........he was very hairy too, didn't speak much hmmmmmm

17. Touchwood Registered Senior Member

i was bottle fed. My needs were not met.

18. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

hmmmmmmmm but the innate desire is still there, you perhaps just have unrealsitic expectations when you encounter a real breast?

19. q0101 Registered Senior Member

Boobs fascinate women because boobs fascinate men.

20. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Yes. And bikinis reminds me of smiling faces...

(Seriously! The top looks like two eyes and the bottom part looks like a mouth smiling... caricature-like, of course)...

21. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

No. Boobs fascinate women because all women are either bi or lesbian! Though a lot of them are unaware of their attraction to females...

22. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Yes! What would you like to ask?

23. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

are you unsually hairy, predisposition to violent uncontrolled aggression?
    Do you enjoy raw meat?