There is 'meaning and purpose to life'

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Sir. Loone, Jun 27, 2001.

1. Sir. Loone Jesus is Lord! Registered Senior Member

All life in Heaven and on Earth has meaning and purpose to there existence! All was created by GOD for His good pleaser! Each person who ever lived on this Planet Earth has purpose for there existence and meaning! To love, to share, to give, to take, to worship there God the loving Creator ! To the Glory of God!

You are searching for the meaning of life, but don't want quoits from the Bible? Well it's the only way I can, to quoit from the Bible!
    The 'devil' in you is afraid of the Word of truth! People here are filled with the devil of 'pride', and 'arrogance', and hatred and scorn! Just scientific facts alone can not satisfy that emptiness in your souls, that's that GOD shaped vacuum in your souls , that you are curious about things that is beyond nature as we know it, and the search for meaning and purpose to your existence on the Earth. You really do have purpose to your existence! But you are blind to it! Even the animal kingdom has purpose and meaning far more then you think! More then reconstituting the soil!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Speculate all you want but the truth is in the Word of GOD about your very existence!

Come to the 'cross'! Come to Jesus for an answer!

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to DESTRUCTION , and many enter through it. But small is the gate an narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few will find it." (Matthew 7:13-14)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2001
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Sir. Loone Jesus is Lord! Registered Senior Member

There is 'meaning and purpose' to all Life!

Awe come on ! There is something you would have to say?!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. daktaklakpak God is irrelevant! Registered Senior Member

If you encounter events/things that your mental ability can not handle, you are welcome to find a higher being to pray on.

I find myself no need of such being.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Sir. Loone Jesus is Lord! Registered Senior Member

You to, have purpose and meaning!

Dakpaklakpak:

You too need Jesus to save your soul from your self!

And to have a better purpose and meaning to life, from the Author of Life it self! You will need Him soon!

Jesus still cares, even when you don't care, He doe's!

You all need Him all right!

8. tony1 Jesus is Lord Registered Senior Member

It could be that you are living at such a low level.

People who play tic-tac-toe don't run across the same problems as people who play chess.

9. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Really?

In both cases, you do not win the match; your opponent loses it. Ideally, either game is played to a draw; mistakes made by the players create opportunities for the opponent to prevail.

thanx,
    Tiassa

10. Que Registered Member

Well, certainly everyone is entitled to his/her opinions regarding the meaning of life, and whichever route they choose which best explains it for them.

Now that you have shared your opinion I'll give you mine.

As for the "meaning" of life. my opinion is simply this. Apart from instinctual survival, there isn't one. We are simply a biological species just like millions of other species on this ball of mud. The difference between the Human animal,(yes we are animals) and the rest of the species on this rock, are that we are on top of the food chain. Much to our advantage undoubtedly. (Unless of course you find yourself in the plains of Africa staring at a lion. Then ones relevance in the food chain becomes questionable.

As for the purpose of God creating us.. Do you suggest that the sole purpose for our existance is to worship and pay homage to God? Why does God need to be constantly worshipped and told how great he is? Does he have an inferiority complex? Or does absolute power currupt absolutely?

If I were to believe in the existance of a Diety, especially the one advocated by the Christian flavor of religion. I would be terrified. It would seem to me that God not only wants to be worshipped, but he DEMANDS it. If any one of us FOUL creatures dares to even so much as question his existance, or fail to "properly" translate his cryptic messages we will suffer unspeakable horrors. Those lucky few who escape destruction can look forward to an eternity of servitude.

Hmmm, how refreshing...

11. rde Eukaryotic specimen Registered Senior Member

If the meaning of life is to worship god, how exactly does staphylococcus aureus (or any nasty, man-eating bacteria) accomplish this?

12. Que Registered Member

RDE...

It's my guess you are likely to get one of the following responses, if any..

A. The issue will be skirted, and you'll be fed "God Loves YOU", or "Come to Jesus" rhetoric.

B. God creates these "Plagues" to punish man.
    (Apparently the more horrific the better)

C. The "Devil" makes those things.
    (And God either refuses, or is powerless to get involved)

13. Cupric What's a wookie? Registered Senior Member

Let me tell you a story:

I'm a needy sort of person, and I have a toddler.

I need this child to depend on me for my own feelings of self-worth. So I come up with an idea.

I hide my face and pick the child up and place it in a sack. I fill up my bathtub and I hold the sack underwater.

Eventually I tear off my mask and rescue my half-drowned child. The little being is terrified, and clings to me gratefully. The child has now learned something - I can protect it from the "evils" that stalk it. I tell it a story about the evil monster that attacked it and tried to drown it, and let it know that as long as it worshipped and depended upon me I'd keep it safe from such a monster, because I am big and strong and wise and know how to do such things. I do some slight of hand to demonstrate my powers - simple stuff to me, but it dazzles the child.

I know other people are not like this with their children, and fear my child may want to go live with someone else. So I convince my child that these other people are secretly in league with the big bad monster that attacked it. I tell him that if he asks them they will of course lie, and even people that seem like very good people are at best misled by the monster if they don't tell him that I am the one person my child should worship and depend on. I try to keep my child away from other adults too, just in case he ever figures out it's a big lie. But I tell him it's okay to tell other children about the evil monster and how good and protective I am. I would love to have more than one child clinging to me and seeking my love and attention - it really makes me feel good.

Get it Loone?

14. Sir. Loone Jesus is Lord! Registered Senior Member

There is 'meaning and pupose to life'!

Cupric, first your child is not an 'it', he/she is a person Created in the image of the Creator GOD (Judeo-Christian GOD) and as a father you should never under any circumstances do harm to your child! He/she has a higher purpose then that of the animal kingdom, and a much higher calling to GOD over His creation. You have a salom purpose to : "raise up the child, in the way that he should go, and when he is older he will not depart from it". (from the Book of Proverbs) (Holy Bible). You are a steward, and will have to answer to GOD for your good stewardship, or bad stewardship. It is good to have children!

But we always must be responsible in the up bring of our children ! In the Holy Word of GOD there is a bigger and most grander picture of life then the medi-oker 'pagan' view of life, this life in Jesus and in GOD's Holy Word infinitely and eternally better then; 'the survival of the fittest' junk that is being preached in some universities!

Good day!

15. Que Registered Member

Loone.

I think you completely missed Cuprics point. I myself thought it was a great "Analogy"

16. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Do we expect anything else?

Que--
    To be honest, we have come to expect nothing more of our counterpart.

But, since you brought it up, I'll throw my vote behind Cupric's analogy. It pretty much describes the situation as I perceive it. I'm sure if I thought hard enough, I could find one or two differences of perspective, but that would be extraneous at best, and not contribute anything to the efficacy of the scenario described.

thanx much,
    Tiassa

17. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Cupric ....

I should, at least, address you directly at this point ... it seems only decent

But as I mentioned to Que, you have provided an excellent analogy; unfortunately, it's one of those shouting at the deaf things, though. Your intended recipient has yet to show the ability to comprehend such things.

thanx much ...,
    Tiassa

18. Cupric What's a wookie? Registered Senior Member

I figured as much...

...but I had to give at least one shot, didn't I?

Hey, but now I'm a father!

Well, this is probably futile, but I'm going to give it a shot anyway...

Loone, I am a woman, and I have no children. See, this is an analogy - the needy person in the story is Yaweh and then the Christ, the poor half-drowned child is his followers. This tale of child abuse is nothing more or less than my view of the concept of an artificial saviour and a jealous and needy God.

Now do you get it??

19. felix Registered Senior Member

I don't know if Loone remembers me, but I'm an old aquaintance of his. He usually resorts to calling me a tool of the devil, which, of course, I find quite entertaining. Trust me on this one: Loone gets no ones point but his own, he has a death grip on his religously based fears. I just thought I'd throw that out there. Maybe one of these days Loone will decide the break that pressure seal on his mind. How about it Loone?

20. Cupric What's a wookie? Registered Senior Member

You startled me!

I use "Felix" as my moniker on a few boards, so I thought I'd used the wrong psudonym! LOL!

Pleased to make your acquaintance, Felix! I don't have much hope for a genuine communication with our buddy Loone here, but if I put forth the effort then at least I feel like I've tried...

Well Loone, will you rise to the challenge, or will you decorate this thread with more knee-jerk reactions, bible quotes and canned Christo-centric answers?

(Why do I feel like I'm talking into a cardboard box? Oh, yeah...)

21. Sir. Loone Jesus is Lord! Registered Senior Member

Purpose of life and it's meaning is to the Glory of GOD!

Hi Felix! Welcome back to the new and improved 'Sci Forum'. I fear not, because of what the Bible says: "Greater is He that is in me then he that is in the world." The World, the Flesh, and the Devil. And I still have more then just a 'religion' but a Faith in Jesus Christ the Son of the Living GOD! The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. (the Judeo-Christian GOD of our Fathers) Jesus loves you even if you do not know Him as a real person, or want to, give Him a chance, you can have more freedom then you would ever have in this life!

Well anyway welcome and have fun!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2001
  22. dan1123 Registered Senior Member

Sir Loone tends to do more harm than good. Sometimes I wonder if he is actually someone very smart trying to discredit Christianity by being his own straw-man...

Anyway, the point being discussed could be a fascinating one. People who want to find a meaning to life without resorting to some sort of spiritual or otherworldly explanation find a world that appears completely meaningless. Bad things happen arbitrarily to people no matter how good or bad they have been. Good things happen arbitrarily to people no matter how bad or good they have been.

So where is the meaning? Or more importantly, if there is no meaning, then why do we look for one? Why is a definitive answer to the meaning of life so desired among humanity if no such thing exists? Furthermore, I believe most people are actually asking how to be completely satisfied on Earth in their lifetime.

So how are we completely satisfied on Earth in this lifetime? Christianity's answer? You can't. No other answer would make sense anyway--especially not eastern philosophy with its "pretend good and evil don't exist" explanation. So there you have it. If that is your question, the answer is obvious.

Have fun!

23. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Been tried before, Dan

I've called Loone a provocateur before; I admit he really does seem so extreme that one wonders whether or not he's really on the side he claims to be. But the thing is that such an approach is not necessarily the brightest, in my opinion: When his ruse is exposed, it only promotes sympathy for that which he would be fighting against, creating more damage to his intent than progress. Since I've been shooting from the hip today, though, it would be wiser if I took more time to read and consider the rest of your post before commenting on that ... but you have stated some compelling questions.

thanx,
    Tiassa