There was and is a Palestinian nation

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Norsefire, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

A Palestinian nation has existed for quite some time and continues to exist.

The debate, then, is over a Palestinian state. In this regard, no Palestinian state has ever existed to my knowledge. However the nation is the relevant part, and in that respect the land was occupied by the Palestinian nation and thus they certainly have more of a claim than the long-gone Jews (which, in fact, never occupied it considering most of the current Israelis are not Semitic)

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Norse, really?. Than where did all of the Jews come from? out of thin air?

Your logic is full of holes of incredible magnitude.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Try providing some evidence to back up your claims. It might actually make people listen to you.

You know perfectly well where the Jews came from, Europe.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No one cares about who claims what. These arguments are academic and bear little relation to the current political situation.

8. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

The current political situation (where Palestine is concerned) hinges on international support for zionism. Every historic change in what we collectively think, say, do, and buy starts out in mere conversation.

9. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Right the facts don't matter the jews got what they wanted so everything else is irrelevant

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The duration of ancient cities is certainly among the least relevent facts available.

11. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

If you mean my other thread I didn't know villages destroyed by your precious Israel 60 years ago count as ancient.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

If I had to judge the situation in the complete absense of any other information, perhaps I would side with the Palestinian Arabs. But we know that historical trends do not form in a bubble, they are part of world history, which is complex.

13. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Its easy to make claims less so to back them up. We both know you would never support the Palestinians.
    True, which you tend to ignore in favor of supporting your own rather than a fact based position.

14. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

This is seriously the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Ignore.

But to answer your question, what the hell are you trying to say? Most of the Jews in Israel now did come from somewhere....and that's Europe. So why do they have claim to the Holy Land and not the native Palestinians?

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

They were refugees from one of the most catastrophic wars in history, they moved to a place where Jews were already living, and had been living to some degree since the original Jewish state was destroyed by the Romans. Later on, a civil war began along ethnic and religious lines, and the Jews prevailed.

People want to recreate history along the lines of their own personal wishes and sense of justice...

16. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

and yet all the other refugees went to places they were wanted or their countries not forcing them selves into a different place at the expense of others.
    as tiny minority yet they wanted to deny the majority their rights for their wants
    accept rome didn't destroy the original jewish state.
    Civil war which became a war of jewish aggression and expansion
    Only because they used the british to keep the arabs weak during the mandate.

yeah that accurately describes you.

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I'm only pointing out that there are two sides to this story, and the narrative that says a bunch a foriegners came to steal native lands is bullshit.

18. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

And yet you consider the jewish one more important
    why? because its fairly accurate? They came to the land with the intent to take a course of action that would deny the Palestinians land and their right to self determination.

19. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Boo hoo. And that is the Palestinians problem how?

Semitic Jews. And this is a flawed logic.

There are Russians living in the US - thus, all Russians from Russia can come to the US and claim it as theirs

Semitic Jews.

And that was how many thousands of years ago?

Had Hitler prevailed, would he have been right?

My answer would be "yes" anyway but from the opinons you give, you'd say no right?

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's not a problem, don't worry about it.

It's a cultural thing, which is independent of ancestorship.

It's a precedent for Russians to immigrate to the US, yes. However, the USA is a soveriegn state, not a British protectorate.

Jews started to return to their native lands in the 1800's.

I'm not saying might is right, but what the Jews did with might was justified considering the circumstances of the time.

21. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Way to flash that bigot cred. only a bigot would ever say that someone denied their rights is not a problem.

So people in no way shape or form related to native populatation has more rights than those that do because they belong to a certain club?

Its irrelevant spider its never right to deny someone their rights.

the palestinians never left.

No denying people their rights is never justified that is what you, buffalo, and the rest of the pro-Israel bigot brigade need to get.

22. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Then the Jews can get their happy asses out of Palestine, since there's no problem.

Ah, but it is ancestorship, lineage, and not culture that gives one claim to land.

Now you support Imperialism, I see.

Return? How can you return to a place you never occupied?

Slavic Jews were NEVER in the Holy Land so how can they "return"?

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I think they would disagree.

Oh, I thought you were a social Darwinist. The Jews didn't depend on any government agency to adjudicate their issues, they just organized their militias and did took care of it themselves.

That place has always been an important part of Jewish culture, just like Mecca to an Indonesian Muslim.

They are bound by cultural tradition.

Anyway, you miss the point. The only right they were asserting is the right not to be massacred by rioting Islamic nationalists.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.