They're after the Jews again........!!!!

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Zappers, Jan 16, 2000.

1. Zappers Registered Senior Member

Wednesday night I watched Larry King on Cable. Basically the show was about Christians trying to convert
    Jews to Christianity. There was this one guy who heads up the Southern Baptists. I believe he is the new ‘Jerry
    Farwell’ for the Baptists. I’ve seen him around several times and herd him described this way. Then there were
    three Jews. One Jew was a what I would basically describe as a Christian Jew, and at least one of the other two
    was a Rabbi, but I think they both were.
    First I’ll say I’m for the right of Christians to spread the Word, if that’s what they want to do. What was so
    disturbing about these people (Christians) was they refused to respect the right of the Jews to refute there
    teachings. and went on to point out per the scriptures that these Jews were doomed to hell because they did not
    believe in ‘Jesus’ even through the Jews backed up their stand with scriptures from the Old Testament why they
    didn’t believe Jesus was the savior, (the same Bible that the New Testament shares space with I might point out)
    and also pointed out, I believe justly, that the Christians were causing prejudice and violence against the Jews.
    What I’d like to be address here is why the Christians seem to think they have the right to keep hounding people
    who do not believe as they do when they tell them they don’t believe and respectfully ask you to lay off.
    To me it is common decency to leave people alone who don’t care to share your belief . This is just common
    decency and I wonder where common decency comes in the part of the ‘Christians’? Like where do they get the
    gall to tell the Jews they are going to hell especially when the Jew backs up their view from scripture from the
    same place the Christian does.
    I realize the New Testament tells its followers to go forth and teach the Gospels, but I don’t ever remember
    reading in the New Testament where Jesus pushed himself on people who chose not to follow him. The only time I
    can recall what might be called by some as pushy behavior was when he raised hell in the temple and tore the place
    up a little.
    I’m not trying to be a smart ass, and I certainly don’t think all Christians behave this way. But there are too
    many in the Christian community who can only be described as absolute Pompous asses and show no common respect or
    decency for other peoples beliefs. And as the Jews pointed out they create a great deal of hate and prejudice against the
    Jews or others who don’t believe as they do. These people are no better than the KKK types except they don’t
    wear the white hood over their heads. What I’m asking you people (Christians who can’t seem to take no for a answer) is where does common decency
    and respect for another person to worship or not worship God as he/she wishes? Is there no common ground where
    you can accept people as the are and join hands and work with them for the good of the community/world.? Or
    does someone have to constantly be hounded with your beliefs after you’ve already expressed them and were told
    that they believe differently.
    Since most of us here seem to be familiar with Scriptures lets not get dogged down with endless quotes from the
    Bible. Doing this does no good if the person does not believe or hold your view. I’d just like to know where you
    stop and respect another persons right to believe as he/she does and be left alone providing they are not bringing
    harm to others??????????????????????

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. 666 Registered Senior Member

Zappers,

They have all ways been after the Jew's.

------------------
    My life could have been black and white, but I had to color it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Religion is one of the biggest separators of the human race, just behind ethnicity. Christian dogma is not that far from Islamic dogma, which calls for the total conversion of the masses. Remove this tenet and maybe we can start getting along.

------------------
    I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight, kill, and die for your right to say it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Zappers Registered Senior Member

Yes I know. But the last ten years give or take they have focused on the gays, women’s
    lib and abortion. I guess this has now become old stuff and is failing to rally the flock so another
    issue is brought up to try and bring the troops back to the flock. It really doesn’t matter who
    your going after as long as it keeps the old gang coming back.
    I feel for the groups. No one deserves this kind of treatment because they don’t believe or
    behave as you do. I guess statement makes me the “demon”, “Christ hater”, or “sinner”. But I’ll
    tell you what, I’ll take my chances on hell rather than act out this kind of prejudice and hateful
    things these people are doing. They are no different than the KKK accept they don’t wear the
    white hood.
    They talk about the “Anti Christ”. Well I think they have embraced him and are acting out
    this story like plot that they talk so much about. Mind you I have no belief in this character.
    Too bad, so much energy being spent on this kind of

Oxygen
    And it's too bad they can't or will not see through this........