This is goodbye

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Bells, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bells Staff Member

I have advised Plazma and the other moderators of my resignation and departure from this forum. The reason being is that an individual, proclaiming to be a member of this forum, has managed to get my email address and sent me an email, where they threatened my children and myself with death in terms so graphic that they are downright sickening. How any individual could take thing so personally is beyond me. I do not know who this person is, the email appears to be a temporary one. We have contacted our ISP provider and sent them the email, they will investigate to see if it can be tracked down.

Therefore I bid you all goodbye. I won't be returning. There had always been an understanding that what happened on this forum, stayed on this forum. So for this fucker to dare threaten my children in such a fashion goes beyond what is acceptable. I am angry and upset that something like this has happened.

To the individual who dared to do this. If this forum means so much to you, you can keep it. And if I ever find out who you are, this fucking planet will not be big enough for you to hide on.

So this is goodbye from me.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gustav Banned Banned

no way
    you mentioned this previously and i thought it was unrelated to the forum
    jeez, bells
    i am so sorry i did not pay attention
    jeez, i need to calm down

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

wow...I kinda started liking bells...o well. yeah, better be safe.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

Sorry to hear that. That is very screwed up.

I believe you have legal options when threats have been made. Online or in real life, it can be taken to the police. They have a high probability of finding who that person was if they investigate.

8. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Sorry to hear this Bells. That is a very sad situation. I certainly hope is is just some loser who doesn't even live on your continent.

Best of luck to you.

9. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry to hear that Bells. I cannot believe that someone would take an Internet forum so seriously that they feel the best course of action to cause change around here is to send a threatening e-mail.

Fucking lowlife.

I wish you luck in your future endeavours, Bells

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Bells,

Thats terrible and I hope you change your mind. To whomever threatened Bells, I challenge you to bring your threat to me... and if you do not then you are a coward.

11. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

The person is obviously a coward. Period. They clearly used an anonymous email address to send to her and it clearly has something to do with someone here with a disagreement with her.

Personally, we've been tolerating to much shit from trolls, nutters, cranks, extremists and racists. Its time to make their existence in this forum more trouble than its worth. That's my opinion and I speak both as a moderator and as a member. Bells is one of my favorite posters here. I'll miss her and I'm tempted to take her absence out on every single racist and nutjob I encounter.

12. draqon Banned Banned

...moderators...

13. VitalOne Banned Banned

That's horrible, I can't believe that actually happened

14. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

WOW.....there are some real nutcases around. Hope they find out who it is.

How can someone get your email address anyway?

15. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Bleh....anyone who actually takes what is said here that seriously needs to find a nice rubber room and lock themselves in it.

sorry Bells
    Besty of luck to you

16. John99 Banned Banned

Yeah, that is what i would like to know.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Thats weird BELLS.

17. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

So sorry to hear this Bells, in the few short weeks I've been around here I have felt the greatest empathy and warmth towards you.
    Your good humour and level headedness and good grace will be sorely missed.

I hope you are feeling safe, I sincerely hope and believe you have nothing to fear.

If you do decide to leave and I can only believe that you mean exactly what you say, then it has been a genuine pleasure to meet you in this forum( it's a real place, with real people).

Good Luck,
    Spud.

18. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Bells, I'm absolutely gutted. Please don't go. The forum will lose one of its nicest, smartest and most considerate members.

Almost certainly the sad act who sent it isn't even on the same continent as you, so I highly, highly doubt that you're in any danger whatsoever. No doubt reading it came as a huge shock but I truly hope that that will pass, and that you'll reconsider and show this lowlife piece of shit that you have no fear of him.

Please, please reconsider.

One suggestion: forward the email to Plazma, if you haven't already done so. Possibly he can glean information from the email - an IP address, perhaps - that may tie with information in the Sciforums database. However, I don't think it should be automatically assumed that the sender is a Sciforums member, past or present. It's possible that it's someone you've encountered elsewhere.

Regardless, I sincerely hope that the moron responsible is identified, prosecuted and dies alone in severe pain.

Fucking coward.

Stay, Bells - please.

19. 2inquisitive The Devil is in the details Registered Senior Member

There are some real nutcases on this planet. It is exremely unfortunate one of them focused on you, Bells. You are one of our more level-headed and least vindictive moderators.

20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I will do everything in my power to discover who this gutless idiot is and to ensure that they are permanently banned from sciforums.

Moreover, if the gutless wonder is reading this, be aware that you have committed a legally actionable criminal offense. Measures are already in train to ensure your prosecution.

21. draqon Banned Banned

...and what if she is lying? I mean it is unlike her to lie...but still. Don't underestimate the victim.

...question everything always. What appears at first is not always what it is. I got this infraction for insulting a member by stating this, however what I speak is right. We dont know if Bells is trying to use this as a leverage to ban another member, it is not out of a possibility. Yes Bells is very charismatic persona, but that does not mean she is not capable of the crime.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  22. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Even though we've got a few real kooks here, it's difficult to believe nay of them are THAT full of hate. However, something like that can't/shouldn't be treated lightly. It's probably a harmless threat but one never knows - far better to be safe than sorry!

I hope you are able to catch him/her soon!!!

23. John99 Banned Banned

Sure looks like a federal case now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.