thread closures

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by NMSquirrel, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Syne Sine qua non Valued Senior Member

As I have said elsewhere, I am listening to member concerns and making an effort to use thread closures more sparingly. That does mean that some warnings/infraction will have to suffice, but that seems to be preferable according to the consensus here. Better individual posters whine about infractions (as in the previous post) than many about thread closures. Lesson learned.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Whining about infractions? I suppose when someone is in way over their head and is given power, they have no problem lying (as in the previous post)

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bells Staff Member

Why by PM? After all, it's just you "venting". You are trying to convince people that I should take your argument seriously about why you don't think what LG said to me constituted sexual harassment. Context and history, amazing things. After all, you have nothing to be ashamed of. You were simply "venting". And aren't you the one who demands openness?

No Balerion. My point was clear. What I said is that you are the last person I am going to allow to lecture me about what constitutes sexual harassment. Not because you sexually harassed me. I was merely an observer of your... "venting".. after someone linked me your posts - [which were deleted because you were that bad] - my apologies for breaking the rule of linking another site and my apologies for the language you are about to read..

I mean certainly, I can sit here and allow someone who referred to me as an "ignorant cunt", "evil twat", "frigid bitch", "miserable cunt"... lecture me about how I was not sexually harassed by another person. But I think even you should be able to understand why I refuse to take your argument or opinion in this or any other issue seriously.

What made your venting even more cowardly is that you saw fit to use my real name in it. Even more disturbing is that this is what you are like when you are angry. What the hell dude? Obsess much? It's kind of sad really. And a bit sick.

Now, as to your complaints about the moderation on this site. I am not going to take your whining seriously either. Because you are clearly so far up yourself that you actually and laughably believe that you are correct in your interpretation of what you believe happened. You have gone out of your way to insert yourself into an issue that does not concern you at all, you weren't even here when it happened and you weren't even party to that discussion. So much so that you tried to make it about you. It's not about you. It has nothing to do with you.

As for your being offended that I called you a misogynist and what you felt was a typical blanket insult that one can apparently expect from the mods here.. "ignorant cunt", "evil twat", "frigid bitch", "miserable cunt" ... This is why I call you a misogynist.

If you find that term insulting? Well, think of it as me venting.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

To reiterate something to you. Your feelings are not important to me. Your feelings or belief that I was not sexually harassed mean absolutely nothing to me. Because as I said, you are the absolutely last person on this planet that I will ever allow to lecture me about what constitutes sexual harassment. Not because you sexually harassed me, but because you are a misogynistic hypocrite.

You are free to your feelings. Does not mean we have to take you seriously. You obviously have an axe to grind and you are obviously a tad obsessed - so much so that you are appearing in various threads doing nothing more than complaining about Syne and James' choice in Syne as moderator. This has virtually been the gist your contribution to this site since your return. So be it. That is your choice. You declared yourself as "ghetto folk" and tried to lump everyone else in that description with you. No. I think only you belong there. The others do not. You can respond as you like Balerion. I still won't ever take you or your opinions seriously. Your complaint of collusion and that I and perhaps others go out of our way to try to get people banned. I think the fact that you are still here kind of blows that conspiracy of yours out of the water. Certainly, your "venting" above was on another forum. If I was as you described me in your conspiracy theory, do you really think you'd still be here?

Now, I know, many of the members here will be offended that I dared talk back to you or link the above. Can't please everyone and I stopped trying to do that when I became a teenager. You wanted an honest assessment. This was it. You want my head on a stick? Knock yourselves out. If it makes you feel better? Okay. Again, knock yourselves out.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Mmmh.........
    I'd buy a couple of Rottweilers if I were you.

8. Bells Staff Member

Nah, just get some of these.

9. Balerion Banned Banned

So the moral of this story, ladies and gentlemen, is that Bells will not be swayed by facts so long as she is pissed off at you. The truth doesn't matter when it comes from the mouth of someone she's upset with.

Oh, trust me, I understand why you refuse to take my argument seriously. You refuse to take it seriously because it absolutely destroys yours. This...what you're doing here...is just another attempt at showmanship. You want the sympathy of the audience because you can't support yourself through reasoned argument.

Here's where context comes into play. First and foremost, I didn't say those things to you. I said them to people who had also dealt with your abuse. I was among like-minded people who had suffered at your hands, and I vented as anyone else would. The reason your name was used (first name, not last name) was because we had just had a dust-up because I had used your real name in a discussion between us here. You know, the same real name that you yourself have used here. In public. On the public forum. Then, because I made the mistake of disagreeing with you when you were in one of your rages, you decided that my use of your first name was some breach of national security, as if I had committed some irreconcilable crime. When, in reality, I had simply repeated a name you had used here yourself. And, as usual, James went to bat for you after your ensuing conniption, and I was pissed off about it. As I was pissed off about you comparing me to Anders Bering Breivik, the man who murdered 77 people, most of them children.

No, but that was okay, right? And I had no absolutely no right to be upset with you on a personal level for your putrid behavior, right? You call it obsession, but it was one conversation with a couple of other people who oddly enough felt similarly about you. Funny, that, how even in such a moment of release, I found people who completely agreed with my assessment.

I don't expect you to. I was never appealing to you in the first place. (Self-obsess much?) I'm appealing to the people who run this site, not the moral worms who besmirch it with their bully tactics and abuse of members. I'm specifically asking that you be removed from it, either in whole or at least as a moderator. I don't expect you to agree, and I certainly don't expect someone who is so blatantly full of shit to "take it seriously."

Here we go again with the "you weren't there" fallacy. Would you, for once in your life, please follow through on something and tell me why it matters that I wasn't there at the time? Could you do that?

LOL! Your lying appears pathological at this point. You called me a misogynist long before I ever uttered those words. I can't help but wonder what's misogynistic about them, though. Is "cunt" a term only misogynists use? Or is it, like "asshole," something of a gender-specific term for a certain kind of jerk?

In any case, it's not as if I could say those things to you directly. If I thought I could, I would have. You earned every word of it.

How creepy that you would actually smile at me...

To be absolutely clear: I was never appealing to you. I was offering the facts of the matter. Your arguments are pure, raw emotion, which is why LG kept referring to your behavior as "hysterical." That is a spot-on description of you in most cases, I would say. You have only supported this by acting as if the written record of the events are immaterial, and without "being there" none of us could possibly know what actually happen. This suggests that your interpretation of the events are wholly emotional, and irrational. Because you got mad at him, you are justified in your abuse of power, and your abuse of him. You don't get to advance such a ludicrous argument without getting a dose of reality from me. Sorry, but that's just how it works. If your fragile ego can't handle it, then don't read my posts.

Ah, so taking issue with moderator abuse, as well as the promotion of a homophobe to the moderator ranks, amounts to "obsession?" Interesting to note. I hope everyone following this keeps that in mind.

Oh, you've tried. You tried to get rid of me over the name incident, goading me the way you did. I just haven't given you the ability to pull the trigger. I'm sure that day will come, of course. You do seem to always get your way. Let's not forget, I wasn't lying when I said that about Fraggle Rocker...

We'll be truly happy when you're no longer a member of this forum. You could make that happen, of course, just by leaving. That way we wouldn't have to worry about you anymore. But I think you like abusing your powers and treating other members as lesser beings. You get a kick out of it. Otherwise, you wouldn't fight for it so tenaciously.

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

What amuses me is that you're STILL HARPING ON THIS Balerion... seriously, grudge much? If you hold onto EVERY perceived wrongdoing this fervently, I have to fear for your health, both physical and mental... I mean, dude, just... just let it go already. Right or wrong, at this point all you're doing, and all everyone is doing, is just collectively punching a wall with their face... just let it go!

11. Balerion Banned Banned

No.

If you want peace and quiet, earn it. For once.

12. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

You realize, technically, what you are asking for with that, right? I mean, on many a site, rabble-rousing and generally just being a pain in the ass is enough to get yourself banned... so by saying "earn it" you are pretty much saying "ban me".

Note, I have no inclination of pulling the trigger on that, as I find your obsession with this... well, I find it somewhat entertaining to be honest. I hope you don't hold grudges against your friends/family like this...

13. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

well said, fully agree.

You talk a lot Kittamaru, truths are bound to slip more often that way.
    though I'd say his behavioural problems are his stubbornness in not letting the popular view here remain un(seriously)challenged.

many here, consciously or subconsciously, see this forum a chance to teach others of a certain view of life(science & atheism), and they take offense in the idea of learning from others what might contradict what they're here to teach. it's out of the question.

superfluous reason.

14. Bells Staff Member

Balerion

You keep trying to make this about you. It is not about you and has nothing to do with you. You took it upon yourself to lecture me about how I was not sexually harassed, you have gone out of your way to misrepresent and make up conspiracies because that is how you believe it all happened, etc. You are obsessively going out of your way to attract our negative attention so you can say 'see, I told you so'.

Out of the last 44 posts that I can see on your activity sheet, without delving into all of your posts here, it appears as though around 43 of those posts on this all directly to complain about this site and its staff in some way. You have not posted anything else in those 43 posts, aside from complain and abuse. Note, I could be off by one or two posts. No content about any of the threads. Just 43 or so posts of you complaining. It is astounding. I wonder, do you have nothing better to do with your time? But 43 posts of you trying to grind that axe you are carrying. And your response to a query about your obvious obsession is to declare that if we want peace and quiet, that we have to earn it. Does this mean you are going to nag us until we give you what you want? Stomp your feet and scream in the hope that we pay attention to your needs?

My posting just a snippet of what you posted on that other site when you were just "venting" to Seagypsy and her husband, who was angry when he was banned for threatening people on this site (how amusing that like always meets like), was my way of explaining to you why I will never take your lectures about me or to me seriously. You have not presented any facts. What you have presented are conspiracies, because as you have repeatedly said, you just wish you could see what the moderators were saying in the back room, you wish it was not private. Instead, you just make things up based solely on your belief of what you think may have been said. In doing so, you have not only made things up, but you have also gotten the facts completely twisted around. I mean really, dude, you can't even get the chronology of the events right.

You haven't destroyed anything Balerion. You could only try to destroy an argument if you did not have to resort to making up facts.. Alas, you have spent how many posts making things up because you believe it could only have gone that way?

Your actions since your return is to attempt to portray yourself as a victim. The hero rising from the ashes of abuse - by jumping up and down, demanding it be about you, because well, 'the place just fell to shit when you weren't here'. It's hysterically funny to be honest.

I had to chuckle when I read your point about Fraggle's comments to you. I could almost imagine you sitting there, nodding knowingly, as though you had presented some great fact. The irony of your comment is that you are directly implying that my colleagues are so weak or perhaps stupid enough, that they would allow someone on the internet to scare them. Perhaps Fraggle did say this to you. Perhaps others of my colleagues have said it to you as well. Who knows. It still won't take away from the fact that I still won't take your whining or your lectures seriously.

You are merely an angry coward. You know the type who sneaks around behind people's back to say such things and use my real name on the internet to do so because he's too scared to say it to my face? That's you. Important only in your own mind.

Declaring that we have to earn peace and quiet.. We can get it by simply putting you in the place you deserve. The corner where whatever you say means nothing. And that is exactly where you are. The angry man on his porch screaming at passing pedestrians to 'get off his lawn'. So keep making up more stuff, keep up with the conspiracies. Heaven knows this site has seen more than its fair share. Keep declaring that I am simply looking for an excuse to get rid of you. Frankly, you are here because you do represent a faction that is so repulsive as a counter balance. To me personally, you're just the person who goes on my ignore list. Have a good day Balerion. You have earned it. You need something good in your life to counter the festering hatred you have inside you.

PS. No, I won't be leaving.

15. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

I wasn't(am not) sure if it's better to deal with unjust rulers by hitting the eject button in protest(I was gonna ask for a permaban), or remain in the system and wear it's hypocrisy down slowly and carefully without exceeding any limits.
    you seem to be going with the latter.
    I love this place and it has changed the course of my life I believe,, but shutting up and being an accomplice in the systematic wrongings of other minority community members is tearing my sense of integrity apart. I want to stay and enjoy the place but I can't do nothing when glaring injustice is occurring every now and then, I feel like a helpless coward hypocrite, but then again I can't really do much, it's easier to just move along like you saw nothing...:shrug:

16. Balerion Banned Banned

You realize that "technically" I'm asking for nothing of the sort, since "technically" means "exact meaning?" I know, asking that you have a clue what you're "technically" talking about is probably unfair. You're in charge, after all, and you have too many other things to worry about, like telling people to shut up, and be quiet.

But you could, right? I mean, that's the point of saying that. It's an implied threat. That you could ban me, even though I'm not violating any rules (is "rabble-rousing" even a thing when you have an Open Government subforum?), but you just don't feel like it?

If you want me to shut up, you really should stop having these foot-in-mouth moments! I mean, don't, because I'm having fun watching, but if the mods want us to stop, you're probably not their best spokesman. No, go ahead and tell us again that LG was banned because he wouldn't drop a topic! LOL!

Incessant, ALL-CAPS demands for silence, desperate appeals for order...Yeah, "amused" is how I'd describe your posts.

Because if it isn't a rude insinuation about your personal life, it isn't coming from a mod!

In all seriousness, I know you're relishing this moment to flex your e-muscles. I get it, you've seen the carte blanche that your bro and sis have, and it's...well, it's kind of intoxicating. Don't worry, it's not your fault. Like Syne, who doesn't blame the gays for their immoral behavior, I hate the sin, not the sinner.

17. Balerion Banned Banned

Um, no...I'm trying to make this about you.

I didn't lecture you or anyone else. I provided facts. I stated the factual case for why you were not sexually harassed. Your responses have been to personally insult me, to go completely off-topic, and to avoid addressing any of the facts of the matter except to say that they aren't relevant...all while failing to explain precisely why they aren't relevant. (Despite being asked to several times)

LOL! And I'm obsessed with you?

Do you really think you fool anyone with these distractions? All you're doing is kicking dirt, hoping that you can escape while everyone's blinded by the lingering plume. But we all saw it coming, Bells. At least I did. You don't fool me.

You didn't answer the questions I asked. This has been noted.

You didn't support any of your accusations. This has been noted.

You haven't explained why the record is irrelevant. This has been noted.

You'll get away with this, because you always do. But your behavior has been noted. Someday, perhaps, someone with integrity will operate this site, and the record of your transgressions will be of interest to them.

It was a misdirection, nothing more. I could have said none of that and you'd still dismiss any arguments against your bogus claim out of hand. You said as much yourself when you justified dismissal of evidence against you by saying "You weren't there!" and stamping your feet about how nobody gets to tell you if you were sexually harassed. In other words, it wouldn't matter who was making this argument, you wouldn't hear it because you're a liar who will do anything to cover their tracks. You used a dozen excuses for why nothing anyone else said mattered before you ever got to my comments about you.

For the record, Seagypsy was banned for photoshopping a picture of your name on her ignore list. That's when you and your bros cooked up some bullshit about her hacking the servers and booted her for

More lies from you, Bells. Where is the conspiracy in pointing out the context of the comments by EF, and subsequently by LG? Where is the conspiracy in pointing out the fact that you were the one to bring up blowjobs to LG, not the other way around?

You're running from the facts, Bells. I can see it, and so can anyone else who follows this.

Show me what facts I made up. Or is this just another empty accusation?

And you are a miserable, angry bully. You compensate for the shit hand you've been dealt in life by treating this forum like your personal kingdom. There was a time when I actually felt sorry for you. Honestly! But you abused that goodwill in short order, and proved you aren't even worthy of pity. You're despicable.

I said your real name to your face several times. You gave me warnings for it. If you want to grant me immunity, I'll tell you exactly how I feel about you. Let's not pretend that I'm afraid of the likes of you. Weak-willed people don't scare me.

Except you won't stop responding. You never do. Oh, you say you will, but you never do. Nor do your responses have any content, but that's another topic. You're too egocentric to let this go.

Of course not. Then what would have been the point of all the lies?

18. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

The thing is that Sciforums is not a discusison forum.

When someone actually starts a serious discussion on a topic of moral philosophy, one that could actually provide insight into the workings of these things, the thread gets closed - like a recent one of mine. It's a living example of upholding taboos.

At this forum, things have to be kept neatly on the surface, with lots of blaming and fingerpointing, never actually resolving anything, and never actually discussing anything, despite explicit admonishment and attempts to do so. Just like IRL.

19. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

You're proposing the false dichotomy of

either

consider Sciforums moderators to be universal moral and cognitive authorities

or

there is anarchy.

20. rpenner Fully Wired Valued Senior Member

No. I was just on reasonably good terms with prometheus and AlphaNumeric. Haven't seen much of either for some time. I also had a long running thread where I was trying to "moderate" the 2008 anti-LHC propaganda from scientific ignoramuses. I am currently the sole moderator of physforum.com with no idea of any admin or owner support system.

21. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

You put the phone down first.
    No, you put the phone down first.
    Heh Heh

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
    I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
    My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
    For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
    I love thee to the level of every day's
    Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.

22. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Alphanumeric commanded respect because of his depth of knowledge.
    You'd be good too, for the same reason.

Sole moderator.
    That's interesting.
    What is your method for dealing with fights between members?

23. rpenner Fully Wired Valued Senior Member

To date, one party has always been more crazy-pants than the other so my decision was easy.