Three Claims of Uniformitarian Naturalism

Discussion in 'Religion' started by SetiAlpha6, May 27, 2020.

1. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Please God, Nooooooooo!!!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Again, you use words (reason) that you either have no concept of their meaning or you are lying. Which is it?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

I gave you a reference for 1400 miracles and will leave it there, for your consideration, if you wish.

I could also post an additional list of 150 miracles, written over thousands of years by the many different authors of the individual books of the Bible, if you wish.

My particular favorite does not matter.

You have to decide for yourself.

And then...

You know more than me, by far, on the topic of your work so I was really interested in knowing, simple things like...

If we are looking so far back in time, and can’t actually see it as it is today, how do we know that the Andromeda Galaxy still even exists today.

I am sure it is a stupid question which will hopefully help Q make his case against me.

Just trying to help him out a little.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Well, I am certainly not perfect!

You apparently think I am both stupid and lying, and I am very content with that.

It might be fun if you could come up with even more character assassinations of me.

So please don’t stop.

My wife could even help you out here.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I rather enjoy them.

8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Nor, reasonable, honest or ethical. Your religion has taught you to be this way because it's the only way religion can keep its stranglehold on your mind.

I can't imagine anyone with a shred of decency and sanity being comfortable with stupidity and lies. Clearly, it's not working for you here so it's unlikely it's working for you in real life. That is, of course, unless you've surrounded yourself with like minded liars and frauds.

9. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Thanks, but I have seen this one before and was not convinced.

10. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

So, what is your religion, one that you make up as you go along by how you feel?

11. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Thank you, very much for this one, it is a very interesting perspective!!!

Whether it is right or not, will take me some time to figure out.

It provides really interesting sources which I will have to look into at some length to fully experience and immerse myself in.

The general idea in Christianity is that God has always been active in the world. Revealing Himself to every people on Earth in every epoch. Both in similar and in different ways. And even under different names as well. He plainly showed up in ancient China also, for example. Very exciting stuff!!!

This video seems to show real evidence for that view, much more than I knew existed.

So I am very grateful to you for it.

12. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

I am a follower of Jesus Christ.

13. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

I decided a long time ago,
    that if I was going to come here,
    that I would...

Refuse to be offended personally by anything anyone ever says.

It is one of those aspects of loving others, I believe in.

It actually is pretty great!!! And extremely freeing!!!

So if that is insane, then I suppose that I am insane and should be locked up somewhere.

Actually, that could explain quite a few things indeed!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

This is your religious indoctrination working its magic. You selectively choose which book is proof of something when failing to understand no book is proof of anything. If those miracles had any validity whatsoever, the scientific community would be all over them. But since there is only a book and not any actual evidence, then you're just presenting another deception as fact.

15. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Did Jesus do all the miracles?

16. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Regardless, of the fact you deliberately insult our intelligence, lie and praise your God.

Being intellectually dishonest and calling it loving is pretty great and extremely freeing?

You mean to say that you're so far gone having a tenuous grip on reality that convincing yourself to be honest is impossible?

17. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

You could actually be a follower of Christ and an honest person at the same time. You don't really have to give up one for the other even though your religion demands it.

18. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

It was written by an Atheist, who, as far as I know is still an Atheist, even after writing it.

And, I REALLY!!!, do not want to promote the Catholic Church in any way. I am not a Catholic myself and have studied the wickedness to be found within its walls for years now.

And I agree, it is not proof, it is only evidence for your own personal evaluation. And that, only if you have interest in learning more about the topic.

I don’t think that I ever referred to it as proof.

Why automatically Assassinate her Character?

Especially since you would hate it if people did that to you. You know exactly how it would feel, to be on the receiving end of it, don’t you?

19. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Yes, I personally do believe that Jesus performed real miracles.

I do not know why He heals some and not others, other than that it is His choice. And I trust Him to ultimately make the right choice, whatever that is, for each person.

There are apparently times, when He allows suffering in this world, directly for the benefit of the person involved, to build maturity and character through the suffering, and apparently times when He allows it for a number of other reasons as well.

And I do believe that He healed my own Dad.

(About time for the lynch mob to show up and cry “preaching” for responding to a question.)

Ready Set...

Now!

Or, Now!

Ok, you can have a bit more time...

20. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Did anyone else do miracles, though?

Jesus does negative reinforcement?

21. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

You have to decide for yourself, all I can do is express my own view, to the best of my ability.

I must leave it up to each one individually.

Life is very complex, and we are free to make our own choices, so given that as a starting point...

What does a truly loving and good Father do who loves you even more intimately than you love yourself? Even more than He loves Himself.

In my opinion,
    He would always ultimately seek the best for you.

And, to me, this would logically,
    not always make sense to me,
    would not always appear fair to me,
    and could even appear to be inverted from my personal perspective.

To the point where I could easily feel as though I have even been completely rejected by Him.

Even though He has been loving me all along.

(Someone should really throw some verses at me pretty quick here...). (Bracing for impact...)

22. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

No human, that I know of can, or ever has performed a miracle.

To the best of my knowledge, only God can perform a real miracle.

A human can be involved in a miracle, but is never the cause or power of the miracle. God is.

And, yes there are many wicked men around like Benny Hinn, who are charlatans, and never perform a miracle on anyone ever, and make millions doing it.

Please run from these, they want to devour you, and want to destroy you, on many levels.

Doing the best I can to answer your questions.

23. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Too bad you can't see the one glaring difference between you and Hinn; he makes millions doing it.