tick tocks clock it ticking To(i)k Tok Clunk(irony content creatives)

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by RainbowSingularity, Aug 4, 2020.

1. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

Fascinating to observe the Tik Tock Story as it un folds
    the USA appeared to build all the revenue for the company as it was unleashed in the USA
    the Chinese banned it from their country so it was re assigned to be head officed off shore

it is a trend leader in global social culture and influences millions of people with its users content posted online

but who owns the rights to all the information it stores on users ?
    is it well protected ?
    is it being taxed correctly(i am pro universal health care and a living wage so solid logical and simple taxation is a mandatory base to any modern civilized society in my opinion and i am yet to see any working economic model that exists without a robust upfront broadly applied tax system)

what is the irony ?
    several things
    1 it is a creative art liberal free expression platform which is against Chinese law
    it is illegal in china
    it is illegal in most if not all Muslim countrys
    its primary value has been created by the USA users
    it is now worth megga bucks
    it influences hundreds of millions of people globally in almost every culture in the world

it is now stuck front and center stage of a conflicted world battling with nationalism and a global recession and an ongoing battle of the right to free artistic expression & the right to speak your opinion publicly about the government.

it is almost a canary in a coal mine as a global indicator of the chaos currently around the world

what i want ? lol money give it to me

it would be good if tiktock can be monetized in some way to create industry and funnel cash to the content creator individuals(not some body corp sick_uck business troll corp psychopath)

i am slightly disturbed at the thought of whiney baby storys being created by western users who feel their entire social life is built and run on tik tock

this is a MASSIVE opportunity to help create new income streams in a global recession back to the front line of those who are loosing their jobs from covid 19

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020