Time Travel is Science Fiction

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by Farsight, Feb 17, 2014.

1. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Pot, kettle black. Oh the irony of it all!
    And no you'll never do the job, and never will......Unless of course you start up your own forum and moderate it yourself....you know, like writing a book, and publishing it yourself?

No, you take words and sentences out of context. That has been proved many times. You misinterpret Einstein and others. That has also been shown many times.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. nimbus Registered Senior Member

So, your civil to your own sock puppets on that site, but that doesn't explain why the site is not a hive of conversation.
    -------
    FOR the MODS.
    I don't talk science with Farsight because he has proven he doesn't read and comprehend his own cites let alone cites given to him from others to make a point. His a waste of time and fit for this site and his own. I'm only here for the piss-taking this site allows. Ban me and make it permanent since I don't want to be on a site with a dodgy mod Billy T. Phd????

Beer w/Straw likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

Hey, no, don't go away. Anyone who can describe Farsight as accurately as that should be anointed to permanent, irrevocable status. Cum laude.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. QuarkHead Remedial Math Student Valued Senior Member

I know this is a waste of time with you, but so that others may not be misled......

According to Newtonian theory, gravitation is described by a scalar potential \(\phi\) which, in the absence of a field is

1. \(\phi = k\) where \(k\) is a constant

2. In the presence of a field but no gravitating matter this becomes \(\nabla^2 \phi = 0\) where \(\nabla^2 = div(grad)\) is called the Laplacian

3. In the presence of a field AND gravitating matter this becomes \(\nabla^2 \phi = 4 \pi g \rho\) where \(\rho\) is the density of the gravitational source and \(g\) is Newton's gravitational constant.

It is easy to see that the difference between (2) and (3) can be loosely described as the "inhomogeneity of space". It is less easy to see, but true nonetheless, that in terms of 4- dimensional semi-Riemann geometry one may say that, given a curvature tensor such as \(R_{jk}\) (these are the components of the Ricci curvature tensor) that (2) above generalizes to \(R_{jk}=0\) meaning spacetime is "flat" in the sense of Euclid, otherwise \(R_{jk} \ne 0\) implies curvature and is equivalent to (3) above and again the difference refers to the fact that there are "lumps of stuff" in space i.e curvature comes from the inhomogeneity of space.

C'est tout

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
    Dr_Toad likes this.
  8. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

Thanks very much. You are concise and lucid, and beyond my education, but I learned something from the maths.

9. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

That's the thing with Duffield. His view is colored only by his opinion of himself, and has nothing to do with provable math or established observations.

He cannot back up his insane assertions with math, but he can misquote and sidestep and troll quite well.

He has managed to piss off most of the intelligent and educated posters here because of his egomaniacal assertions. He insults members and moderators alike because "He's Right!", and can shout it long and loud.

Why the hell is that? Is the fool here for comic relief? That's a fail, too.

Is this a science forum or a place where trolling idiots can accuse reasonable and intelligent people of "pop-sci trash" while the fucking fool perpetrates the same shit?

Goodbye, and piss off.

krash661 likes this.
  10. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

Thank you, and save a screenshot.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Farsight

12. PhysBang Valued Senior Member

So show us the problem in the mathematics. Show us where they are using GR wrong. (Remember, Einstein made the very same assumption every time he did cosmology.)

Because otherwise, you just look like an insane person. You would look smarter covering yourself in you own filth and walking naked through town square, singing a song without words out of tune.

13. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Hmmm, I thought that is essentially what he was doing now.