To all the pacifists.

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Executor, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Executor Registered Senior Member

How is it unjustified to enter this war?

-Saddam Husein never disarmed.
    -right before he kicked the weapons inspectors out the first time they found a caravan of armored white trucks guarded by the republican guard and as they approached they were shot at, weeks later they were made to leave the country.
    -If you did not know: France has a MAJOR oil deal with Iraq at the moment.
    -France refuses to pass any legislation against Iraq that will put a time line on them disarming, i.e. they can continue to have weapons of mass destruction as long as they want.
    -Saddam Husein Kills his own people.
    -Saddam Husein has the same social views as Hitler i.e. "if someone doesnt agree with me....... they will die"
    -Do you believe we should not have gone after Hitler?
    -Saddam Husein is trying to purchased purified plutonium...
    -since the war has started Saddam Husein has fired skud missles.
    -The UN Resolution says that he is not to have these skud missles or the unarmed drone aircraft or the chemical/biological weapons, but it doesnt matter because the UN will do nothing about it. The UN is now irrelavent. Do you want the US to go back to being a passive nation like pre December 7, 1941. How can you possibly support a man like Saddam... thats exactly what you are doing. So you go ahead, keep supporting hitler. Fascists.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

Welcome Executor! I like you already... but beware your about to get pounced on from one of the many many "pacifists" in the forums

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Good post

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Well.. good post up until the name-calling - then it gets negated.
    Not everyone against this war is a pacifist, you might consider that.
    You will want to read the myriad threads devoted to this in the
    past months. This thread will likely not produce any new thoughts.

Welcome to SciForums!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mrhero54 Registered Senior Member

pounce #1

1. There are plenty of evil dicatators and regimes in the world today...do you think Saddam is the only person killing his people. I bet you've never heard of the slaughter in Rwanda were 800,000 tutus were killed by an extremeist group....and most were killed with knives (machetes) 1995. Where was the ol' red white and blue then? One Tank could have settled the conflict easily but America chose not to intervene in this conflict. Guess they didn't have enough oil.

I'm not a pacifist but i know bullshit when i smell it. It's not Saddam, it oil.

ohh yeah, welcome to sciforums..

8. Executor Registered Senior Member

mrhero

Im sure if the US did go in you would be against it, in 1995 we were still dealing with Saddam, we have been dealin with saddam since 1989.

9. Mrhero54 Registered Senior Member

Re: mrhero

No, i woundn't have. I say on HBO documentary on the slaughter and watched a pregnated women get chased down by a 10 year kid and get her stomach sliced open. The kid repeatedly stabbed and mutilated the fetus with a fascination only a child could have.

One Tank. One million dollar cruise missle. One platoon could have leveled these guys.

Saddam is a horrible guy, but don't let uncle sam or the media convince you were rightous "freedom fighters" protecting the world.

If we need to take down evil empires America should start with Africa and work their way up. To settle conflicts their would be alot less exspensive....oh i forgot, nothing to gain from saving those lives.

10. GB-GIL Trans-global Senator Evilcheese, D-Iraq Registered Senior Member

-Saddam Husein never disarmed.

Yes, he did.

-right before he kicked the weapons inspectors out the first time they found a caravan of armored white trucks guarded by the republican guard and as they approached they were shot at, weeks later they were made to leave the country.

So what? That was then. This is now. Iraq was actually cooperating with inspectors this time, before we came in and ruined it. That's a breach of international law.

-If you did not know: France has a MAJOR oil deal with Iraq at the moment.

Uhh... so? Does Germany? China? Russia? Canada? All the other friggin' countries opposed to the war?

-France refuses to pass any legislation against Iraq that will put a time line on them disarming, i.e. they can continue to have weapons of mass destruction as long as they want.

There is no proof in the first place that Iraq even has WMD. I used to hope Saddam didn't have WMD, for his own sake, and for the sake of peace, and at every turn of the inspectors, I was very tense, and sometimes I mistook empty warheads for WMD, but in the end it was very clear: nothing was discovered. But guess what? Now, I hope Saddam has just enough WMD so that he can blow the US military and Bush off the face of the earth. They deserve it.

-Saddam Husein Kills his own people.

Remember Bush, and the death penalty? At least 1 in 4 people on death row are found at some time to be innocent, be it before or after their execution.

Most of the people Saddam kills are either 1. traitors, 2. criminals, or 3. political dissidents. The US has been guilty, even in the past century, of all three of these.

Don't mention the gassing of two Kurdish villages-- Saddam didn't approve that, and he didn't have knowledge of it until it was over.

-Saddam Husein has the same social views as Hitler i.e. "if someone doesnt agree with me....... they will die"

Woah, wait. That's just one social view. Not a whole bunch. They disagreed on many other things. Saddam's nation is democratic. At least supposedly.

-Do you believe we should not have gone after Hitler?

Why didn't we go after him *before* he did all that stuff? At his first invasion of any country, we should've stopped him in his tracks. Instead, we waited until Pearl Harbour before helping anybody. Moral obligations, eh?

-Saddam Husein is trying to purchased purified plutonium...

So? My friend Joe is doing that too. He says it makes great hair spray.

-since the war has started Saddam Husein has fired skud missles.

Which were not banned.

-The UN Resolution says that he is not to have these skud missles or the unarmed drone aircraft or the chemical/biological weapons, but it doesnt matter because the UN will do nothing about it. The UN is now irrelavent.

What the hell? Wow, your claims really DONT have any basis at all in reality! Go back and bug the pacifists in your fantasy world, where your claims DO have a basis.

Do you want the US to go back to being a passive nation like pre December 7, 1941. How can you possibly support a man like Saddam... thats exactly what you are doing. So you go ahead, keep supporting hitler. Fascists.

Wow... uhh... lol. What are you smoking? Maybe you've eaten a freedom fry too many?

11. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

So we shouldn't do anything about the woes of the world?
    Not that I support this war, I dont like war, but what do you suggest we do about all the evil dictators in the world? Look the other way since thats what we've done in the past?

I bet I have. They were actually called Tutsis not tutus. Tutus is what my daughter wears to ballet class

Not helping out like they should of been. Why are you perfect?

12. Mrhero54 Registered Senior Member

Keep tongue flogging executor....he'll come around.

13. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Pounce #2: Why don't you just say Saddam kicked out the inspectors this time too? George HW Bush directed that the UN cease peaceful disarmament, just as his son recently did.

I think that you will not find many pinko sympathizers with Saddam on a forum like this. In my own opinion, the issue is not that Saddam is any less evil than portrayed. Rather, the US is destroying important goodwill worldwide, flirting with dangerous instability in the Mideast, and will be unable to control a very fractious post-Saddam Iraq without unacceptable cost in blood and treasure.

There are far less risky and damaging means to achieve the US' publicly-revealed objectives.

14. Executor Registered Senior Member

no saddam said if the inspectors didnt leave they would be killed

- SKUDS ARE BANNED BY THE UN
    - PEACEFUL DEMOCRATIC RESOLUTIONS IN THE UN? FRANCE HAS A PERMANENT VETO AND AN OIL DEAL WITH IRAQ WHATS GONNA HAPPEN?
    - Do I think that we should have gone in with UN support ? of course. Do I believe we should wait for France's oil deal to run its course to go in? no.

15. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

Stop smoking crack GB, its like 3% as of 2000 were found not guilty. Your taking more like 25% which isnt true. So stop.

Your joking right?

16. Executor Registered Senior Member

Most of the people who are against the war...

are simply going through a "rebellious" phase in their lives, once they hit puberty it should clear up, other wise we are in deep shit in the next 20 years.

17. spookz Banned Banned

Re: Re: To all the pacifists.

i thought we resolved this. i provided ample evidence that saddam knew!

as for the rest of your post..... go gb go gb go gb

18. Executor Registered Senior Member

gb you are making blind accusations

toward the american government. I suppose you are going to say that the americans had an oil interest in eastern Europe in the late 1990's...

19. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Go executor!

FYI Mrhero: If we wanted oil we would have kept kuait when we were last there. So Bleh.

20. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Executor, you can say whatever you want about Saddam Hussein. I invite you to check out this website. Please, if you dismiss what is written there as "typical liberal rhetoric" then I will disregard any further posting of yours unless you back up such a bland statement with evidence. Thanks in advance

Here

So you're refusing to acknowledge that you may in fact be wrong, and are merely writing this "rebelliousness" off as teenage rebellion syndrome? The first law of democracy is that the people should always question their government and their government's actions. So far I have seen no evidence of your adhering to this law, Executor.

Well, first we bring the people that put the evil dictators into power to justice. Don Rumsfeld, for one. Check out the article I posted, star

Yes, if I were master of the USA, then I'd focus on Africa and then on Indonesia. They need so much help, and we are doing nothing for them at all.

21. Executor Registered Senior Member

Pollux.

We should deal with africa why?

They might send us some poisoned twigs in the mail?

As compared with Iraq with chemical weapons skud missles and some very nifty nerve agents.

22. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

People______are_______dying. From AIDS, from war, from starvation--whatever. We are the most powerful nation on Earth. Why not be benevolent?

As compared to North Korea with nuclear missiles and an army of a million soldiers?

I also like how you haven't contested any of my points. I guess that means that, at least in some cases, we are in agreement?

23. Executor Registered Senior Member

I contest none of your posts because.

None of the people supporting Saddam have givin any facts, only opinions. You keep saying what evidence? where did the 10,000 + gallons of nerve agent go.. im sorry but nerve agents dont just evaporate. What about the skuds bud? and the drones? I do not disagree with your opinions, i have contested things you try to pass off as facts though.