To ignore or not to ignore?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Xelasnave.1947, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

To ignore or not to ignore that is the question which is in my mind.

There are many aspects to this question for me.

1.Why did I take the action?

2.Is it a decent thing to do?

3.What benefit as opposed to what burden is there for me?

4.Is going back on what I said I will do erratic behaviour?

5.Am I at all worried about what may be said behind my back?

So I will answer the easy one question number 5 first.

I thought I did but really I don't care. Having someone say behind my back does not worry me but to be told to my face that I am not who I make out to be certainly does.

Why is that I ask?

Because you are proud of who you are and proud to present as the ordinary person you are when many on the net do not do this.

Don't you remember pride is a very negative emotion?
    Yes it is wrong to hold pride even if you think you are justified?

So it is pride that causes you to be hurt?

Yes. Being honest with myself it is vain pride.

So get back to being your normal self and stop being a proud fool.

Yes I agree.

As to question 4.
    Even if it is erratic wouldn't doing the right thing be best erratic or not?
    Doing the right thing trumps all else. Doing the right thing means you honor your parents and all your ansestors who gave you this world.

So do the right thing.

I will when I resolve a few other things and decide what is right.

As to wuestion 1. Why indeed?

You may have been angry with something else.

That's possible and when I think more I had many worries around about that time.

So you just spat the dummy?

Yes that is the only way to be totally honest.

Are you better now?

Maybe but the worries are still there.

Yes but worries will always be there that is just life.

Yes you are right sometimes.

As to question 3.
    The benefit seems unclear it has become more trouble than any benefit wouldn't you say?

I think so.

The burden is you are not acting like normally you would.

You usually don't give a toss.
    Its that pride isn't it?

Yes.

And pride is stupid and unhelpful?

Yes.

So?

Question 2.
    It is not decent to ignore anyone, it is not decent to call them a scum bag is it?

No it is the worst sin much worse than pride.

So can you stop being a baby and be better?

Yes I hope so.

Can you admit this time it is you who are wrong?

Yes I admit I was wrong to be so full of pride I did ignore someone and I was wrong to be insulting.

After talking this over with myself and setting it out so I can see what I am thinking .......
    And now that I have thought this thru I say this.

I will reverse my childish action by taking the god off ignore.

Further I apologise unreservedly to the god for putting you on ignore and insulting you by calling you names when you could not answer back. I don't ask for forgiveness it is not what I am about.

Further you are entitled to your opinion of me that is your perogative but I ask that you do not insult me with nasty baseless innuendo. For both of us that would be best.

I do not intend reading anything you have said about me that I could not see whilst on ignore and will only deal with your future behaviour.

You don't have to say anything or comment I don't wish to tell you what I expect from you.

I choose to be in the present and hopeful for the future.

Again I apologise for the wrongs I have committed against you and for bringing dishonor on my parents and ancestors and allowing myself to be overcome with vainity and pride.

Alex

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    danshawen likes this.
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river

In other words maturity .

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Don't call me old...
    Thanks for your kindness River but I am not seeking anything.
    I have caused damage to myself and another that's what I have to live with...I can forgive others but demand a lot more of myself.
    I have let myself down there are no kind words that will make it the way I was.
    Thanks I think you get it.
    Alex

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. river

So have I Alex so have I . Let my self down .

But I also think that some experience this to encourage others not to.

That is our purpose maybe ; to see where we are ; to encourge others ; and understand the better life ; they could have ; if they listen ; and take heed , if not now , somewhere down their road .

river

8. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

It seems rather deep for what, in my mind, should be simple, but thats just me

9. river

Depends

Define " simple " , in your mind .

10. The God Valued Senior Member

Xelasnave,

See, how difficult it is to express when it come from inside! You are very incoherent but you could express your turmoil.

1. You were fine, but you openely sided with Paddoboy. Colloboration in a public forum is cardinal mistake. You should maintain your individuality. Without understanding what I am discussing, you started preaching me, that was the trigger.

2. Your use of words crank etc for those who were talking about alternative. See it is very easy for everyone, including mainstream guys, to dismiss the alternative by calling the alternative proposer as crank or crackpot. But this is not done.

3. Then your sweety sweety talk, which beliied your otherwise intemperate posts.

And please, the best you can do for your health is, to completely ignore (forget) your interaction here once you log out. Let this not remain in your mind all the times. You are showing signs of getting disturbed from posts, get over with that.

PS : If you see my posts, I do not loose focus from the point which I am making. This way I do not loose my temper. I stick to my guns till I am proven wrong. Many people do not like it, they call me names and run away. They think that they have taken a high stand, but actually they are unable to face the argument. They do not have any logical argument except saying that I am anti mainstream, which I am not.

My posts did not bother you but what bothered you most that I sticked to my assessment about you. Yes, you give that kind of impression. I hope that it is just an impression and you are an exception.

11. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Yes that did bother me but I now find I don't care what you think.
    Not trying to be nasty by the way.

But let's just assume for one moment that I am on the level I hope you can understand that your behaviour I found very annoying upsetting etc.

I hold too much pride in my honesty but that does not mean honesty is not a quality I like about myself and I do dislike dishonesty in others.

Pity I can't supply references.

You can form your impressions they will not upset me because I know who I am and you have yet to work me out.

I am happy to hear you are not an angry person because that was my impression of you.

Alex

12. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Ignoring someone online really isn't a prideful or offensive act. It only becomes prideful when you keep announcing that you have someone on ignore. lol That's not a judgement but just doesn't serve any worthwhile purpose to keep telling the person you have on ignore, that he or she is on ignore. The reason though probably behind that is because one hopes that the ignored feels badly about how he or she has treated the person doing the ignoring, and will apologize because they are wrought with guilt. Usually doesn't happen.

Now, in offline life, I've ignored people by simply deleting them off of Facebook or ending the friendship, because the person was simply too self serving and it became too exhausting to have them in my life. But online, if someone is rude to me, I might reply once or twice, but if the behavior continues, I just mentally ignore them, and don't reply to their posts, etc.

It is thoughtful to see your own admission of flaws in this situation, but I'm just trying to offer you some advice as to how not to allow what others think of you to become what you think of yourself.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Seattle likes this.
  13. The God Valued Senior Member

Xelasnave,

Its not bad to be prideful, one must maintain the self respect and that surely contains self pride.

See, it is the question of expectations. Why did you join science forum? I did not join to make friends, other outlets are there where you can find, I came here to express my ideas, to convey that to me it appears that all is not well. May be I am wrong. But things get nasty here when one cannot win the argument. I am open to ideas, if a poster tells me I am wrong because the mainstream says so, then he is making a bad argument, because I already know what mainstream point of view is. My point is not subservient to mainstream but to critically and objectively look into that.

And most of the time I noticed that many mainstream supporting posters are quite ignorant about what mainstream is in detail. Obviously such posters will fail in creating a decent case against my idea, and they resort to abuses. Then they get paid also.

There are very few people here who are critical and objective, majority is of self appointed mainstream propagandists, Paddoboy in every second argument writes that many keep me on ignore. Whether they do or not, one thing is sure they failed in creating valid objections against my POV.

I am not angry with anyone, except Mods who are failing in there duty to regulate the discussions, they should kill the bad behavior or irrelevant nonsense immediately, before it becomes pure tit for tat nonsense.

See how Dr Toad, trolled and abused Rjbeery, that should be killed instantly.

14. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Thank you for trying to help but its all good I was worried that I had been foolish and full of pride which I had and had the sence to see that.

But the absolute best news is that
    I am going back to the bush and fortunately will be out of range so no more net for a long time.

Neither the phone or tablet gets reception and there is no land line. I can only use them if I go to town which will be at least two weeks from now.

A big shop tomorrow and still got petrol money for the trip, my legs feel better than they have for a long time and I can't wait to get back.

So as I said I am very happy I am leaving and happier still I stopped being silly.

I end up with time on my hands in the city and waste time on the net.

I feel so much better but really everyone will sortta be on ignore when I leave the city. But due to lack of signal.

Thanks again for your kindness.

Alex

15. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I visited here, cosmoquest and thescienceforum I joined here because I felt folk were less dogmatic than the others.
    I also formed the impression there were more laypersons here.
    I thought people would be easier to talk to and that has proved correct.
    I thought you did not understand some of the basics, like scientific method, what one needs for a theory, how a theory or model to be replaced it needs to offer more than just pointing to possible flaws in the old model.
    If you understand science perhaps you did not need to be told about method and models it seemed to me that information could help.
    Well that is not to be unexpected but mainstream is mainstream and if someone considers they belong to mainstream they are apt to argue against someone they perceive as anti mainstream. And folk who do know what they are talking about won't engage if they think the proponent is not a professional.
    Ironically, and as a layman I can say this...I don't buy so much of the current models...but I understand as I said methods and models. GR is a model most think it is all there is but it is a model and can be replaced by a better model.
    So far there is no better model and it is my belief a nonprofessional won't come up with a better model.
    I had a toe and I still believe in it but I doubt if even if I set it out it would get anywhere... But I am happy I could come up with answers to questions I raised with myself.
    It's a personal thing and I don't need anyone to look at it or accept it.

I mean I don't buy the inflation concept but I have no need to go on that I think it is wrong.
    What I do think is that in time a better model will replace it ...so some folk may think that is anti mainstream but given that I respect where we are and the current model has no competition I say that is mainstream... and there will be folk who declare that to think that way is being a crank.
    For me its about the best model and if it can do better than an existing model.
    Yes I can see why you could think that...the astronomy forum I belong to are friendly folk and we like a hands off..if someone is out of line I ask them to be polite and they so far take notice.
    It is my view folk should be respectful of others...there should be no need for moderators.
    I did not notice.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
    I hope the spelling etc is OK and expression my battery is near flat and I won't be back to edit.

Alex

16. sculptor Valued Senior Member

To the best of my knowledge, I have never used the ignore function on any forums.

A rather pugnacious fellow recently announced that he was putting me on ignore. So, I responded: "Thank you".

17. timojin Valued Senior Member

Alex Well it started a Jewish new year, so we all look back , the past year reflect on it and start a new year wit a different approach. Then at Yom Kippur is the day for atonement, were we repent of the harm we have done .
    Based on your writing you could be a Messianic Jew , the thing missing in you is that you ignore God.
    I imagine your Christian wife is a wonderful companion in your life.

18. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

You'll be missed, Alex. You're a kind soul, albeit a virtual one. lol

paddoboy likes this.
  19. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

That would be Paddoboy.
    My first wife left me as did the second.
    You must also know I have not had happy experiences with Christians.
    I rarely have to repent because I usually don't ignore what is the right thing to do.
    I have regrets but they are the product of my actions for which I accept full responsibility.
    But I am very happy because I know I have done my best...with what I have.
    Alex

20. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I will drop in in 2 or 3 weeks earlier if possible.
    My mountain re energizes me.
    Goto go before battery fails.
    Thank you
    Alex

wegs likes this.
  21. sweetpea Valued Senior Member

Alex, the OP is too deep. And your giving too much personal info away. There are right nutters who will use it ( later) to wind you up.
    You seem to be too innocent for the web. Your mountain, is it sort of like Walton's mountain?

22. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I had to check whether I have anyone on "ignore." Nope. I find that if someone irritates me, all I need do is not read their posts.

sculptor and wegs like this.
  23. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Hope to read more of your posts Alex when you next have internet reception.

I don't personally have a problem with using the ignore button. I've used it for short periods of time on other forums when I just got tired of a particular person. As Wegs said, it's not particularly good form to announce that you have someone on ignore.

In short order I generally take someone off ignore however as it just makes life too complicated.

wegs likes this.