Top 10 most horrible Christian torture devices

Discussion in 'History' started by Magical Realist, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. arauca Banned Banned

It will take an engineer to develop such devices ,

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. billvon Valued Senior Member

And either a sadist or a true religious believer to use them.

8. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

How odd that the Bible didn't make the list.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Ugh, I read all the descriptions under the pics, yuck! The Judas Chair? How perverse and twisted.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

uke:

10. Lakon Valued Senior Member

Awful stuff - and all done in the guise of religion.

There is a 'torture museum' I went to many many years ago .. can't recall now where it was .. Singapore maybe ?

Anyway, it broached torture throughout human history, including Chinese, Egyptian, and that of indiginous African tribes, Australian aboriginals, etc. The mind knows no bounds - in any direction I would say.

One of the worst that comes to mind, was a Chinese one of some Emperor's 3,000 - 4,000 years ago.

Imagine a Ferris wheel type of arrangement - though smaller. Living beings were tied to it lateral to the circumference, bellies, genitals, etc, out. Clothing was left on. it was then rotated - and a fire lit under it, reaching the lower point of the rim. Imagine ..

There were some Egyptian one too, more personal - more horrible than you can imagine. The tribal ones too, were no less cruel and effective.

11. arauca Banned Banned

I think you are going to far, that a true believer would do that. But getting to think . Since many of the intellectuals are atheist , then it would take the intellectuals engendering and chemist to design and execute a plan on how to kill millions of Jews, Pols Russia and others in concentration camps and how utilize their clothing's and rip of the gold out of their teeth, then incinerate the body to produce heat for calefaction . Yes there were many experiment done on life human to get scientific information among them was Dr. Mangele project.

12. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Hmmm....

"Anyone who attempts to construe a personal view of God which conflicts with Church dogma must be burned without pity."
    - Pope Innocent III

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vatican/esp_vatican29.htm

13. billvon Valued Senior Member

To do such things to innocent people you have to have a belief system that allows you to think that a "higher power" really wants you to do it. Atheists would use their own morality and decide "this is insane; I'm not doing this." True Believers would consult with their priests and decide "God wants me to do this, and His morality is what matters, so I must do it." After all, he knows he cannot question his priests - they are the leaders of his morality.

Uh - no. You need True Believers to do that. And the Nazis belief in Hitler was very close to worship.

It's easy to design weapons. Any competent mechanical engineer can build a gun. A chemist can make poison gas. An industrial engineer can design an oven. To put all those things together and use them to kill millions - that takes a True Believer.

14. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Most didn't say one way or another, but a couple have explicitly stated purposes having nothing at all to do with religion - such as attempting to assassinate a king.

15. Lakon Valued Senior Member

Yes, which is why I referred to the Chinese Emperor's torture device in the post of mine you part quoted.

It's such a great pity this thread has gone down the Christian bashing path - seems to be de rigueur these days.

Most of the torture referred to in above posts was done by psychotic megalomaniacs using the guise of religion to achieve great power, status, position, money ..

Lenin, has definitely killed and tortured the greatest number (by many magnitudes) of humans on this planet, and he was an atheist, as were Caligula, Idid Amin, Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin, etc.

(Not suggesting that atheists are better or worse though)

edit - 4th para changed

16. arauca Banned Banned

So they did use their own morality> 1927 they rounder up in one province 127000 believers and executed 85000 by shutting them to death ,
    Look I don't like to bring up dirty underwear of what we human do. lets live it there.
    There were good God fearing people among German and there were also fanatic bad people .

17. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Right. Who could possibly think that medieval torture devices had anything whatsoever to do with the Christian religion and the persecution of heretics, witches, homosexuals, adulterers, prostitutes, etc?

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vatican/esp_vatican29.htm

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Christians aren't smart enough to kill millions of people, therefore atheists did it? You are fundamentally stupid person. No amount of education is going to change that.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  19. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

20. arauca Banned Banned

Are you directing to me , personally ?

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Of course genius.

22. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

How is Halloween on the 20th of October?
    Starting annoying corporate driven hysteria early, that's what I call torture.

23. arauca Banned Banned

thank you . Could you enlighten my stupid understanding so that , I will compare to your knowledge , to see if I need to change my view , to yout.