Top 3 inventions in next 100 years

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by ael65, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Because Mars is much farther.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I know that!

But if you're gonna spend all that money, ya might as well go for it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. eburacum45 Valued Senior Member

The Moon is the key to the solar system. It has vast reserves of oxygen, aluminium, iron, titanium, silicon; these elements are vital for the construction of interplanetary craft and for life support. In Mare Imbrium and elsewhere there are reserves of uranium and thorium; who knows, we may even be able to exploit the He3 reserves as well. All these resources will allow us to build spacecraft to send around the solar system, to colonise worlds like Mars and Titan, Callisto and Mercury, and to build space structures and habitats in cisluna space.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. orcot Valued Senior Member

those materials are more easly located extracted and refined on earth

8. fess Registered Senior Member

1. Tasty fat & calorie free Dunkin Donuts
    2. Tasty and calorie free baby back ribs
    3. a pill that lets you burn fat whule sleeping.

9. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I does?? Where is the oxygen?

10. Donnal Registered Member

way cool cosmic that would be a world break thru i reckon
    im with ya on that one matey

11. orcot Valued Senior Member

In the rocks witch are a bitch to extract

12. Why? Registered Senior Member

1. Time Travel.
    2. Immortality.
    3. Faster than Light Travel.
    No, I'm not serious.

13. sreeja Registered Member

I also agree with you .Urgently we have to find out a way for preventing politicians to tell lies.

14. orcot Valued Senior Member

I'm afraid you would have to stichth their mouth shut for that

15. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

The biggest Discovery/Invention Ever

Hello Everyone,

I have discovered/invented the Mind Portal!!! I cannot say more...Sorry!!!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  16. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

Hello Everyone,

let's just ignore my previous statement regarding this subject... I should not be discussing this at this time...You'll have to wait a year so that my Expirement is not comprimized...Sorry.

Thanx

17. Archie Registered Senior Member

In Fact...

Many of the things mentioned here are already achievable.

Live longer. Sure. Don't smoke, excercise regularly, eat a decent balanced diet and bathe regularly.

Stop politicians from lying. Sure. Get involved and check on things. The internet provides all sorts of information in background and details of incidents whereby one can check the veracity of politicians. And don't stop with one source, like 'Move On.org' or 'JohnBirch.org'; actually check around and look at all the sources you can find. Then vote accordingly.

The problem with these things is they require some action and effort on the part of the requestor. "Make me live longer and better while I sit at my computer and eat cheeseburgers." "Ensure honest politicians but don't bother me while I'm watching MTV." Get off your chairs, folks. Don't talk about it, do it.

To address the original question, I think the single most important technological or scientific discovery - breakthrough - development - whatever - of the current century will be an alternate energy source for general purposes. I think it will some form of nuclear energy form - but I'm not sure how that's going to power automobiles. And I'm sure some form of personal transportation will survive or emerge; Americans are simply too unwilling to give up what seems to be an integral part of our freedom to be bound totally to public transportation.

Close on the heels of alternative energy will be a breakthrough in space travel. Earth is getting too populated and the overcrowding will cause serious problems rather shortly. Human populations on both the Moon and Mars seem to be the easiest way of easing the crowding problem. Much easier overall than some form of mandated population control.

The third 'thing' will be the expansion of nanotechnology into everyday use. Even now there are cell phones that fit on one's ear. How about a cell phone that is injected under the skin near the ear? How about a credit card sized laptop with all the power and functions of a desktop computer? Being worked on now.

18. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

Ok...change of plans....the plans have mutated!!!! The controlled experiment is no longer...the Mind Portal is now available to any who ask. It is the greatest 'invention' ever... there will never be anything beyond it!!!!! It the most subtle door and the most sublime....It is the means by will we tap the inner sleeping powers within our DNA patterns and manifest our potential!!!
    I have started a forum about the Mind Portal....it is in the Art and Culture section...just do a search for Jozen-Bo and pick THE MIND PORTAL!!!
    There is a little bit more of an explanation there!!!

Best regards, Jozen-Bo

19. Dr Mabuse Percipient Thaumaturgist Registered Senior Member

that virus from 'I Am Legend'...

i can't wait...

then i'll have awesome cars... and a nice brownstone fully furnished with everything i need... cool weapons... and lots of DVD's... only i would have added a PS3 and a Falcon Northwest Mach V fully configured...

and no dumb asses around f*#king everything up because they are so stupid...

come on Emma Thompson!!! i mean Dr. Krippen!!!

any day now...

20. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

You'd probably have to kill yourself then.

21. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Honest stock brokers/traders.

Honest lawyers.

Honest bankers.

22. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

The Universal Portal...
    Maybe new universes?
    Eternity perhaps?

23. draqon Banned Banned

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.