Toronto's fat, vulgar, crack-smoking mayor

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Magical Realist, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Balerion Banned Banned

Did I say it was okay?

His problems go beyond drug abuse, so I don't have a problem with him getting bounced. That was never my contention.

And what does that say about our reactionary society? We know what he did with that women, so why should a video of it make it worse?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bells Staff Member

Not to mention prostitutes in his Mayoral office, trying to sway the court by using the Mayoral letterhead when writing recommendation letters for drug traffickers, smoking crack and god knows what else at work functions, threatening to murder people, giving press conferences where he discusses his sexual harassment and sexual solicitation and commenting about how he apparently did not ask his female staff member if he could "eat her pussy" and we can also ignore the fact he admitted to being a drunk driver and drinking to excess at work and during work functions where he is there in his Mayoral capacity and to top it off, hiring what appears to be his drug dealer to drive him around - so the tax payers are paying his drug dealer friends. There is even police surveillance of Ford's dodgy dealings with his friend and the man accused of being a drug trafficker.

None of that matters to you.

Did not need any video to expose Mr Ford. He did plenty of self exposure during his press conferences and during work functions where he was too stoned and drunk to realise the illegality of his actions.

But hey, he's a political conservative, so all is forgiven.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Bill Clinton was representing the United States when he held office as president. Hence the attempt to have him impeached for having oral sex with Lewinsky. If Bill Clinton was caught smoking crack while in office, which IS a felony carrying a maximum of 7 years in prison, you can bet your ass he'd be impeached for it. Remember that lying scumbag Nixon? So yes. We DO hold our public officials to high ethical standards. Because nobody trusts someone who doesn't have the self-control to not smoke crack or control their drinking. Least of all trust them to govern their city in an intelligent and fair manner. Would YOU hire anyone you knew smoked crack? Ofcourse you wouldn't. Nobody would. An addict's judgement is too impaired to trust with the privelege of overseeing anything, much less the interests of an entire city.

You keep acting like smoking crack is just no big deal at all. As if it isn't a crime that we regularly send less famous people to prison for all the time. Why is smoking crack such a non-issue with you? Do you think it should be legalized. Do you think people with a crack addiction are still qualified to do the job they are hired to do? Would you hire ANYONE you knew was a crack addict? Would you even trust them in your house without watching them? I wouldn't.

It wouldn't be so bad if he willingly stepped down as most public officials do when caught in a scandal. But instead he refuses and furthermore comes across in the media as a lying vulgar buffoon who actually said, after denying he had oral sex with a prostitute, "I have plenty to eat at home." This is the kind of man people don't want having as their representative. A city thrives on what the outside world thinks about it. It wants to present a good face to boost its crucial tourist industry. When the mayor himself is exposed as a crude mannerless criminal, it's bad for your city. And it's time to find a new mayor.

I was so embarrassed having Bush as our president I didn't think about politics for his eight years in office. The crass uncultured smuck should never have been elected in the first place.

LOL! You don't control me. I'll respond to whatever the fuck I choose to respond to. Get used to it.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

We are all ants under a magnifying glass at this point, 24 hour news, twitter, cell phones and all of it just begs for reaction.

8. Balerion Banned Banned

See, you don't even know what you're talking about. He wasn't impeached (and he was impeached in the House) for having sex, he was impeached for lying under oath. Your opinion on this is, as usual, completely uninformed and entirely emotional. Maybe from now on let the grown ups talk, hm?

Thanks for agreeing with me. Care to actually discuss the merits of such a practice, or are you going to pretend that you're actually making a point I haven't already?

If I knew they were smoking crack, I'd have them put in a mandatory detox and rehab program. In the meantime, their deputy mayor would run the show. If and when they completed the program, if they felt they could return to work, I'd have them back at work.

Would you like to try that again, except this time by responding to what I actually said, instead of using this weak straw man?

Yes. But that's because prohibition only leads to proliferation, not because I think crack is "no big deal."

It doesn't change their qualifications. It's an addiction. Why am I not surprised you're clueless about this, as well?

If I knew they still had a problem, no. But if I knew they used to have a problem, then yeah. Are we supposed to shun all recovering addicts? Is that how it works in your simple world?

So? Why would stepping down be a good move? If they want him out, they can take him out. I don't see how quitting on top of making mistakes is supposed to help anything.

Obviously you're wrong, because he was elected to his office. He didn't win it in a drunken card game, surprisingly.

Bullshit. So long as their tax rates are fair and they have the right attractions for industry, the city will be fine. The mayor's PR isn't going to have a negative effect on anything other than the mayor.

So is that your best argument for why a mayor's character should have any impact whatsoever on their ability to govern? Because that's pretty disappointing.

What does this have to do with anything? Are you capable of addressing the points people make, or are you pathologically dishonest?

Which means you don't respond to the stuff that's too difficult for you to respond to. Which means you're a clown who doesn't deserve my time and energy.

9. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

Wow Balerion, wanna fight?

10. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Then STFU. The only waste of time here was you trying to defend the merits of keeping a crack-smoking mayor in office with your weak non-sequiters and red herrings.. You already said he should be sent to rehab. That means no longer acting as mayor. So WTF are you arguing about?

11. francescakat Registered Member

Thanks for the laugh!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Well...

It might be unrealistic to expect that politicians not behave like thirty percent of the rest of the population, but...

We do expect that they aren't caught behaving that way. How embarrassing, ya' know?

13. Balerion Banned Banned

Do you even know what non-sequiturs and red herrings are? LOL.

Don't seek out an argument with me if you aren't prepared to defend your points. The only valid points you made were in agreement with me (though dishonest, since they were represented as being in opposition to my view), while the rest were either emotional appeals or non-sequiturs. That's when you actually bothered to respond to a point, since you're an intellectual coward who blatantly ignores points they can't counter and then stomps around like a 12-year-old when called out on it.

Again, your behavior is clownish. Grow up.

14. Balerion Banned Banned

It's never been possible for public figures to keep their skeletons from rattling in their closets, and it's only more difficult now. This is part of the reason I wonder why we bother worrying about their personal behavior. Does it really matter?

15. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

You have no argument. You are just doin your usual bitch'n for the sake of bitch'n routine here that everyone sees thru and has zero patience for. When you can't even argue your point, you resort to talking down to and belittling posters like the moralizing little prig you are. And when people don't put up with your snide sarcastic abuse then they are "cowards" running from a schoolyard fight. Why does it not surprise me that you'd take up for this vulgar crack-smoking asshole of a man? You two must have SO much in common. lol!

16. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

It doesn't really matter. And we don't worry about it.

Until they get caught. (BTW, I appreciate the hypocrisy here)

17. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

It matters if it clouds their judgement. Ford's behavior has definitely clouded his judgement in regards to what is legal and furthermore he acts as if he should not be held to the same standard as the average joe that is buying and smoking crack.

18. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I must be weird then because when I vote for a public official I expect none of these traits in the candidate. It's not just a matter of not getting caught. It's a matter of not being a certain kind of person. And nobody would have voted for him if they knew he smoked crack. Except for maybe drug addicts. I can guarantee that.

19. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Really? Would you vote for these people?

Flynt endeavored to set straight the record – which is, well, actually pretty gay, according to him – in his entertaining new book, “One Nation Under Sex: How the Private Lives of Presidents, First Ladies and Their Lovers Changed the Course of American History.” With the help of coauthor David Eisenbach, a professor of American political history at Columbia University, he argues that Benjamin Franklin’s womanizing ways helped win him favor with the French and gain the country’s military support during the Revolutionary War. He claims that James Buchanan’s intimate same-sex relationship with a slave owner might have influenced his secessionist support on the brink of the Civil War. These aren’t just sex scandals; they’re history-changing sex scandals. As Publishers Weekly puts it: “Those looking for salacious details will find them, but Flynt and Eisenbach favor analysis over sensationalism, providing a new perspective of the men and women who have shaped our nation.” Flynt also offers fascinating and well-sourced explorations of Thomas Jefferson’s relationship with a 14-year-old slave and Eleanor Roosevelt’s intense relationship with journalist Lorena Hickok. Then there are the more salacious tidbits, the merits of which are questionable – like the allegation that Jackie O miscarried because of a venereal disease given to her by JFK.
    http://www.salon.com/2011/04/26/flynt_5/

And the beat goes on...

John Adams. John Adams could really tear it up. When he got into Harvard at age 15, he was regularly drinking beer for breakfast. During a trip to Philadelphia in 1777, he wrote to his wife...
    I would give three guineas for a barrel of your cider. Not one drop of it to be had here for gold, and wine is not to be had under $68 per gallon... Rum is forty shillings a gallon... I would give a guinea for a barrel of your beer. A small beer here is wretchedly bad. In short, I am getting nothing that I can drink, and I believe I shall be sick from this cause alone.​

http://www.11points.com/News-Politics/11_Drunkest_Presidents_in_US_History

Etc, etc, etc. Google it...

Now cameras are everywhere. We are all connected. Time to admit we are all human.

Given a choice, would I want a crack-head for my mayor? Of course not, so long as the alternative is better...

20. Balerion Banned Banned

I must have an argument, because you've failed to respond to 90% of it.

That's because--surprise surprise!--you have an unrealistic, child-like view of the world.

Obviously. I haven't said otherwise.

I doubt he doesn't know what is legal and what isn't. I also don't see why he should be held to a higher standard. No one has made an argument for that in this thread.

21. Balerion Banned Banned

He's not going to answer this, because it destroys his argument. Just like he completely (and admittedly) ignored my questions about the founders' ill moral behavior. With Magical Realist, he's only going to answer you if he can twist your words and lie. If you've got him by the short hairs, he just pretends you didn't say it.

22. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Having consensual sex and drinking beer aren't violations of the law to my knowledge. Would I still vote for them? Probably..

Exactly.

23. Balerion Banned Banned

So by your logic, you would have voted for slave owners, so long as slavery was legal, which completely contradicts your position.

Hahaha. You don't even know what you're agreeing to. You're just looking for a friend at this point.