Touch Typist Timing Information

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Fafnir665, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

Does anyone know of a study that collected data on the timing between various key strokes?

I'm doing a research project on time series analysis of unknown keystrokes. Just counting alpha-numeric, capitals, and special characters, that comes to about 92 choose 2 relationships, and we're looking for natural typing, and we don't have the ability to collect that information on keystrokes, at least ethically.

Any suggestions would be helpful, I don't even know how to phrase this to search on google. I tried "touch-typist timing," "timing between keystrokes," and similar combinations along these lines.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Try "keystroke timing." It brings up a lot of articles that seem to be in the realm of what you're doing. Perhaps one of them is what you want.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

Yeah, there are a lot of articles, but I can't find a database of the timing information itself. Without the timing information we can't build a model that could predict with a high degree of confidence what the keystrokes where, based on the interstroke timing information.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Looks like you'll have to do your own original research. Have fun!

8. CheskiChips Banned Banned

E-mail the authors of a few of the people and ask for the testing conditions - most people are willing to share data with you if you have a purpose for it and it didn't cost them extraordinary amounts to collect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.