Translation & Muslims

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by flameofanor5, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Kadark, this is because you usually ask yourself a new question and then answer that question instead.

Which is better:
    (a) A Muslim who is unhappy or
    (b) an ex-Muslim that converted to Buddhism and is now very happy?

A or B?

Just a letter Kadark - that's all we asking for, just a letter

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

1+1=2

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Revolvr Registered Senior Member

Well that's the rub isn't it, cleaning up Islam. As SAM has said there are reform movements, but what will they do?

Islam would have to remove all references to fighting non-believers, condemnation of non-believers, all descriptions of non-believers as cursed, descendants of pigs and monkeys and enemies of Allah intent to destroy Islam, subjugating, taxing, and humiliating non-believers, parts of the Qur'an that basically describe the art of war, breaking of treaties, Taqiyya, abrogation of less violent verses, penalties for apostasy, supremacist philosophy, eliminate the end-of-times prophesy where all remaining Jews and Christians are slaughtered, eliminate Sharia law as a theocracy to add support for democracy, remove many rules for financial transactions, eliminate jihad as a requirement, eliminate the concepts of dar al-Islam and dar al-harb, eliminate the concept of Dhimmitude, and probably many other things I can't think of off the top of my head.

When that's done, what is left? Not enough to base a religion on.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Now, now: there would be plenty to base a religion on. I understand that given history we're all a little bitter - and understandably so - but let's be fair.

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

By paying attention to the particulars and illustrating comparative insight, I'm sure.

You note that he is, in fact, trying to give you some humanitarian wiggle room with your answers?

9. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I think many Muslims would think to themselves - it'd be better to be an unhappy Muslim than a very happy Buddhist.

10. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

It's funny that one could read the "O unbelievers" Sura109 and then hold it up as an example of enlightened tolerance? In my mind it'd be like saying "Yup, thems Nigga's is equal - under the law anyway, under the law..." and then when someone says hey buddy that statement is inherently intolerant the person replying with "arn't chya proud of bein a nigga?

note: the person may be proud of being African - that has absolutely no bearing on the point being made.

Finally, when trying, from every angle possible to get this point across it's ended on a:

Don't mind da nigga, they aint likin it, if in you aint seeing things they's way...."

11. HEY! ease up on the girl, she might not know any better, since she's programed by islam to respond, sort of like "Hotel California".

anyway, as far as propaganda is concern, I find it strange that someone has the time to type over 28k posts in under 2 years

my guess is that you are either:
    1) surfing Sciforums at work, school, play
    2) obsessive personality
    3) homebound thru some disease or other, sort of like Stephen Hawkings, but with the use of your nimble & fast fingers
    4) a Saudi-financed paid propagandists, whose job is to camp out on Western websites & defend islam at all costs, (good job btw)

28.9K posts??? get a life!

12. because allah was the arabic moon god before (hence crescent moon symbol), had 3 daughters & a wife, Mohammad revamped, refurbished him to be more like the Biblical God, chased out allah's family, then when he took over Mecca, kept the patterns of the old pagan arabic religion, same holidays, hajj, ask yourself, how could Mohammad's father be a "slave of allah" (Abdullah), if;
    1) he was a pagan,
    2) had that name prior to Mohammad's birth

could it be, that like a car junkie takes a VW frame & engine & puts an MG body on it, Mohammad just did a little jerryrigiging, polishing & mending & put a new body to an old moon god? could be why they hate jews so much, since the jews of Medina would not convert & pointedly showed him were the quran was wrong, but alas Mohammad was illiterate, how would he know what the Torah said?

if a god can only speak in one "official" language, he must by definition be a tribal god, not universal, otherwise his words would sound true & be true in any language, if he is the creator being.

but a freshly gold-plated imposer can only go so far, why do you thing converts have to learn arabic or at least recite the quran in arabic (the job of Madrassas worldwide). I believe that if allah was the creator god, he would want his words translated into other languages & not say specifically that the quran is in perfect arabic for clear understanding, since at the time of Mohammad mission, arabic was just a regional language, not world status like now

A Persian King's response:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daDZyBSlicQ

13. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I'm not sure if I beleif Mohammad was illiterate.

14. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Wow I've almost been a member for 5 YEARS. Holy shit.

15. thanks for your partial answer, you have it right that allah is an old god, seeing how he was the pagan arabs' moon god, hence crescent moon symbol

SAM, do you know paganism when you see it? is not hajj pagan, taken whole clothe from the pagan pre-islamic arabic rituals practiced by Mohammad's kit & kin? why the stone throwing, the kissing of the stone on the Kaaba? the 5 prayers daily TO Mecca? is mecca god or can allah only reside in Mecca or he only understands you when you pray toward him? since he's hard of hearing & monolingual?

aren't you Indian? in such a multi-cultural, multi-lingual world, wouldn't you consider it the height of arrogance that you have to learn the language of some stranger, say a monolingual American tourist that thinks that by speaking English louder & more slowly, you'll understand him, & then complains that you DON'T know english?

let alone suffer a foreign god just like that?

16. congrats

5 years & only 4.9K posts? hey get with it, how are you ever going to catch up with SAM? night & day, type, type, type

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Well since everyone has so many complaints about my taking the trouble to answer them, I won't bother anymore. :shrug:

You should all debate with each other. That would be short and sweet.

18. You're such a baby, just waiting for some straight answers, not double talk & sweet words
    answer this:

is islam a pagan religion?
    since it adopted so much belief & ritual from pre-islamic arabic culture?

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Like?

20. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Good points, WBY. Christianity has absorbed pagan traditions; it's no surprise islam has too.

21. Like? oh, how about the rituals involved in hajj, are they purely islamic or pre-islamic?

what are the duties at hajj?

does using pagan influenced rituals invalidate hajj (via shirk)

allah, was he a moon god, code named "hubal"?

allah, what happened to his daughters?

allah, what happened to his wife?

who was allah, prior to Mohammad? because he apparently existed in pre-islamic arab culture for Mohammad's father to have been named "Abdullah", yes or no?

what's housed in the kaa'ba? & how is it venerated?

take your time, if you use quranic &/or musliim sources, please reference

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Source please?

23. I like your straight answers, you're not hiding anything, are you?