Trump Saves the World!

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by Carcano, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Yes, the same simple answers that enriched the British and American empires in the 19th and 20th centuries.

Evil...but effective.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. JuNie Registered Senior Member

Actually...I think it was war that did it. Easy to be #1 when you have no other countries to compete with.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Ah yes, those good old days of child labor and slavery. What I wouldn't give for a lung full of that old fashioned Industrial Revolution soot.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Trump is also a birther, apparently.

8. CptBork Valued Senior Member

Trump nearly went bankrupt at one point (i.e. literally net assets < net debt), he's lucky he has a well-recognized brand name and friends in high places to bail him out- no one would loan an everyday hobo billions of dollars to fix his problems. Apparently Trump is still in great financial trouble, but since he's got his assets divided into separate companies now, he can declare bankruptcy on some of them and keep going with the remainder, while investors in said bankrupt companies bite the bullet. Nice, I'd really want this guy running my country...

Trump is and always has been a TV personality, and that's where he should stay. He should stick to giving guys like Dennis Rodman important fake tasks and then chewing them out when they fall flat on their faces, rather than making up 5 minute military policies on how to fix the Middle East without consulting the officers who've actually been there and spent decades studying the region.

9. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Below is the end of post at: http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2734703&postcount=394 Donald Trump is not likely to become POTUS, but his attitude and prior US history of taking other's oil (often via puppet governments the US set up like the Shaw in Iran, etc.) is having real world effects already:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2011
  10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

You mean like Russia has done with Iran and Venezuela? They both are subservient to Russia because they have Russian minders there selling arms and making sure that those in charge follow Putin's dictum's as well as other Russians dictum's as well. So don't say one thing without adding the other to make it a true statement about how the real world works for you seem to want to see it only in one viewpoint, not all viewpoints.

11. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Do you have any proof cosmic? Is there any reasoned evidence that could lead an average Joe or Jane to your conclusions? And friendly does not mean subservient.

12. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I think your post below is totally False. Do you have any support for it?
    {Text that was here confused Iran with Afganistan, so has been removed} AFAIK, oil rich Russia has NEVER taken a drop of Iranian oil, not even by buying it.

Thus there is no comparison to the billion or so barrels the US took at very low prices, after the CIA flew the Shaw back from his Paris estate and installed him on the throne (Destroying the quasi-democratic, elected, existing government to do so.)

I am sure, both Russia and China do sell Arms to the Iranian government. China for example has years ago sold dozens of "silkworm" missiles, that could easily sink an oil tanker passing thru the narrow Straight of Hormuze, and block all oil exports from the Pearson Gulf for several months. China probably has much more influence on Iran than Russia does as they buy 60% of Iran's exported oil and are very active in NE Iran, exploring for natural gas. China recently completed the world's longest large diameter gas pipeline collecting gas from several of the "X-stands" countries and the extension into Iran is very likely. This pipeline goes all the way to China's coastal cities, but they cannot use the gas a few months ago still as it is still filling. Pipeline pressure is high enough for use only in Western China - it will take more than a year to fill to full operational pressure, it is so large (48 inch diameter, I think) and long.

Your assertions that Russian has control of Iran, like the US had in the Shaw's era is totally false. Hell even the much hated in the west president of Iran does not have control of Iran - Their priesthood does.
    ----------------
    As this post reply is already too long, I will just note than Hugo is a popularly elected leader of Venezuela. A few years back the CIA supplied right wing did drive him from power for a few days, but the masses filled the streets and returned him to power. The US was probably planning to try again, with an invasion from its puppet government in Columbia, which had granted the US the right to expand or build new, 11 airfield from which US supplied fighter bombers could strike. Two of the new airfield were just on the Brazilian border, and this caused Brazil to order more Anti-air weapons, four submarines (from France to protect offshore oil platforms), and ask for bids on 20 to 30 fighter interceptions. (I have several posts on this.) Fortunately the people of Columbia threw the puppet government out of power about a year ago, and immediately cancelled the "US can build 11 air fields" in Columbia agreement. I think their intended use was not to attack Brazil for its oil, as was feared in Brazil, but to keep the people off the streets, with bombs, the next time the CIA tries to remove Hugo.

Despite the mutual hatred, Hugo still supplies about 8% (was 12% a few years ago) of US's imported oil and Zero to Russian. He is sending much less to China but in a few years, when the two new heavy oil processing refineries China is building in Venezuela are functioning, Hugo will cut the US off from all his oil and send refined product to China, mainly as repayment for their investments (~100 billion total) Currently Hugo must send his crude to US Gulf Coast refineries that can process it. US plans new pipeline from Canada’s shale oil fields so that these refineries still have a supply of heavy crude to process.

For documentation see links in these posts:

On 11 fighter bases in Columbia: http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2637436&postcount=325 and more detailed earlier post 205 of that thread.

On China’s new large NG pipeline: http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2438883&postcount=220

Note from pie chart below, Russia does not get any oil from Venezuela (The "other" does not AFAIK include any to oil-rich Russia.):

Pie Chart from: http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2732256&postcount=83

13. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Actually Russia invaded Afghanistan.

Look at where Iran is getting their missiles, military weapons and nuclear reactor technology from. Venezuala also buys its weapons from Russia.

14. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Yes I was confused so will remove most of the first paragraph of my post, BUT the final sentence and next pargraph still are correct and refute your post. They are:

"AFAIK, oil rich Russia has NEVER taken a drop of Iranian oil, not even by buying it.

Thus there is no comparison to the billion or so barrels the US took at very low prices, after the CIA flew the Shaw back from his Paris estate and installed him on the throne (Destroying the quasi-democratic, elected, existing government to do so.) ..."

Thanks for catching my switch of countries Russia invaded, but I still ask:

DO YOU HAVE ANY SUPPORT FOR YOUR FALSE POST?

15. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Trump is a recent to convert to birtherism. Trump's recent conversion to birtherism strongly coincides with his announced interest in running for president under the Republican/Tea Party/Birther banner. I don't suppose the two are related

Here is the problem for any Republican candidate, in order to get the party nomination they have to give voice to the lunatic positions of the extreme right wing (e.g. birtherism). In order to win a general nationwide election, they have to be somewhat more reasoned.

Romney, the guy I like most on the Republican side, was talking birtherism trash talk too. It really does not befit the man. And I think he is uncomfortable mimicking the standard birther rhetoric. Trump on the other hand does it quite well.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  16. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

That Iran is being helped by Russia? Well if you don't know that they you must live in another dimension of space and time. Iran has bought their entire inventory of weapons from Russia, want a list? Iran has also bought all of its nuclear technology from Russia and Russia gives them people that help them in the building and use of the reactors. Do you ever read anything at all about Russian involvement with Iran? Just as Russia was giving Iraq aid, technicians and weapons before America invaded it, Putin was in charge of pulling the strings there as well. I'm sorry that you don't read much about whats going on but I'm sure that with your abilities you will find more than adequate information to Russia's involvement in many countries around the world including Iran and Venezuela.

17. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

You are mistaking trade relations with subservience. A trade relationship does not equate to subservience. Now how about getting back to the issue at hand? Where are these mythical minders you wrote about? Where is your proof?

- post 67

18. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Well, I believe that Iran is subservient to Russia and is being controlled to a certain degree by them. Perhaps Russia wants to keep the wars going so it can keep prices artificially high to reap the profits it can make selling its oil on the worlds market while pointing the finger at Iran for causing the wars or problems with other nations to happen.

19. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

You believe a lot of things cosmic. But that does not mean they are real. You cannot make a reasoned fact based arguement to support those beliefs. You have no proof of subservience as you claimed.

Russia, like all countries, has a seperate agenda. There is nothing inherently wrong with that. But it does not mean they want to promote wars. Russia like all oil exporting states want oil prices high. But they don't want them too high as to thwart the economic growth/prosperity of their buyers. They need consumers with money to purchase what they are selling. And they don't want people ditching oil for alternative fuels (e.g. natural gas).

20. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Then why is it that Russia sells more weapons to Iran than it needs? No one is attacking it yet Russia sells it more missiles and other weapons to build up its weapons for some reason. What do you think that Russia would sell so many weapons to Iran for if it wasn't preparing for more wars?

21. John99 Banned Banned

What a racket.

22. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

The logical conclusion would be to make money.

That does not mean they are preparing anyone for war. Nor does it mean one party is subservient to the other.

23. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

If Iran were subservient to Russia, it would not be now, and for several decades, be supplying arms, high explosives, etc. to Muslim rebels in several states of Southern Russian, for the rebellions and occasional bomb attacks in the Moscow metro and airports, etc. Quite often these weapons and bomb pass thru Syria on their way, but they are not of Syrian origin.

SUMMARY: THERE IS SIMPLY NO TRUTH IN COSMIC'S UNSUPPORTED ASSERTIONS

Yes Russia does sell military hardware to many countries, even nuclear submarines to India, etc, but their sales are tiny compared to US sales of military hardware. So what do their sales prove in your mind that US's larger sales do not? I think US sales to Israel alone are larger than the total of Russian sales (certainly are if sales to Egypt are included - US arms both sides!). By your "logic" Israel must be very subservient to the US.