Trump signs executive order to restart Dakota and Keystone pipelines

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Kittamaru, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...tone-xl-oil-pipelines/?utm_term=.43b2e9fe841b

Who needs clean air, water, or land when there's money to be made... there's GOLD in them thar hills... black gold!

*headdesk*

douwd20 likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

It is the economy silly, at this point people are desperate enough for stable jobs they will burn down the world if need be to get it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

35 permanent jobs. To send dirty foreign oil to the international market. Which doesn't help US energy independence at all.

douwd20 likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Pipelines are just pipelines. It was deplorable of Obama to unfairly and harmfully use them as political footballs. This was an obvious move to correct an obvious wrong of the Obama admin.

My hope is re-starting the Yucca mountain project is on the to-do list somewhere too.

8. timojin Valued Senior Member

Dirty flows through steel pipes , we need to make a steel wall along Mexican border , We need uplift the steel industry . Obama was a man to provide welfare, Trump have to provide jobs to reduce the parasites . SO LET THEM BUILD.

9. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

Donald Trump is a parasite. He stiffed the IRS out of lots of tax, I mean lots and lots. An almost obscene amount.

The irony of your entire post is almost overwhelming. I bet you voted for the parasite, am I right?

10. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

So what? What law says that projects creating less than 36 permanent jobs are illegal? That's a lame excuse for such an egregious abuse of power. Obama's just lucky he could run out the clock on his Presidency so he could avoid getting sued and losing again for abusing his power.
    I assume that's a typo, since it is American oil not foreign oil. But it most certainly does help US energy independence.

If there were no fracked oil, there would be no petroleum product exports (which was banned until recently since it started holding back our production), so there would be no need for this naive hairsplitting argument, so that is at least a step in the right direction...

"Energy Independent" doesn't have to mean exactly zero imports because in a global economy there are in-flows and outflows all over the place. What it means is that we are no longer "dependent" on those foreign sources insofar as we are no longer at their mercy if they feel like driving up prices or cutting off our supply. To some extent, the oil market's recent behaviors have shown that has already happened, but further weakening of OPEC's position should be desirable for anyone who believes in any form of "independence".

I am well aware that these pipelines are, to their owners, about only one thing: money (profit!). But that doesn't negate the actual benefits to the rest of us. Pipelines are cheaper than transporting petroleum products by rail, so these pipelines will lower the cost of fracked petroleum products, making them cheaper to sell wherever they are being sold and enable more to be economically recovered (increasing production). This will further benefit the US economy. It's not just about jobs for the pipeline itself: oil itself = money in the economy, more tax revenue, more money to stockholders and anyone else involved to spend and more oil field jobs drilling for and pumping oil to go into the pipeline.

11. timojin Valued Senior Member

I called the welfare system as for those who stay on it for years parasite.
    I did voted For Trump , but not for him , but because we need a change
    And let him build to get the parasite of the welfare and make them productive citizens.
    how about you ?

12. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Trump and his climate-denier associates, are systematically winding back Obama's actions that aimed at addressing climate change, to appease vested interests in the fossil fuel industries.

13. billvon Valued Senior Member

Nothing at all. Would probably be wiser to keep creating tens of thousands of jobs via renewable energy projects, though, rather than trade them for 35.
    Meanwhile Trump has been in office what? a week? And he is already being sued. Going to be a fun four years.
    Correct. Under Obama we are nearly energy independent, and gas prices are down over 60% in the past 6 years.

14. billvon Valued Senior Member

OK great! How much are you going to contribute to it? I am 100% OK with you doing whatever you want with your money.
    Six million jobs were created under Obama. We'll see if Trump can measure up.

15. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

You did something that you didn't actually "do" huh?

That's idiotic. That's why the biggest idiot the world has ever seen is now in charge of your country (in his own mind). Him and his mate Vlad the Inhaler.
    I hope you enjoy the work camps.
    How about me? I'm glad I don't live in your country, that's how about me. I can't really tell you how glad I am, it's something like a joyous feeling, tinged with lots of irony, almost a sadness.

On the other hand I often think, bloody good job, you idiots deserve each other. Just leave the rest of the world alone, ok?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  16. timojin Valued Senior Member

I am not sure, but I have a question if in those 6 million jobs anr included the replacement of retired , border patrol and aviation security .

17. timojin Valued Senior Member

18. timojin Valued Senior Member

Well perhaps this president might subsidise less of the parasite country like your.

19. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

Yes, all the countries except yours are a bunch of parasites. It's just how the world is.
    Your understanding of this obviously far exceeds mine. I take my hat off to you sir.

But those alternative facts you cite fly in the face of the US being in debt to all those parasites, to the tune of trillions. How to explain that unfortunate bit of data?

/throws_hat_away

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  20. timojin Valued Senior Member

So let the man function for at least one year, before we can make harsh comments .

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No.

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

And to erase him for having the audacity to run for president as a black man.

23. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

No, let's make lots of harsh comments, as many as we can and right now. Like, for instance, Steve Bannon is a big asshole. Absolutely the biggest.

That kind of thing.
    There is no "wait for a year", a year has already passed, did you not notice?

Have you also not noticed that the man, Trump, gets very upset about bad publicity? That's what the world needs now, as many stories that make him look bad as possible, he can't stand it. Even if they're alternative facts, I can't see him overcoming that particular immaturity anytime soon.