Trumping Toward War: The United States, American Conservatism, and Iran

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Tiassa, Jun 14, 2019.

1. iceaura Valued Senior Member

And when he doesn't, it's because the deep State sabotaged him somehow.
    Right?
    When he doesn't, whose fault will that be?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Schmelzer Valued Senior Member

Or he sabotages himself. It is something he is able to do. Or his potential best friends show no interest. Last but not least, the US has already asked Iran for permission to bomb some empty shack in Iran as "retaliation", but not got it, and Iran has actually put some conditions before even starting negotiations. A similar approach would be reasonable for Maduro too.

Why do you think I would care about whose fault it is? I couldn't care less. Are you a victim of your own propaganda lies that I repeat everything the Rep propaganda cares about?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Trump is a self described gambler.
    That would seem to imply that he knows how to run a bluff.
    if so
    enter a cabinet with seemingly heavy warlike tendencies.
    including John bolton

as/re
    Have you any idea just what that might be?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Guz Candy

cookie cinnamon apple pie

8. sculptor Valued Senior Member

OK
    You gonna tie this into the thread at hand?

9. Schmelzer Valued Senior Member

Anything peaceful will do it, like troop withdrawal from Afghanistan, Syria, or some meeting with Rouhani or Maduro with some nice declaration following.

10. iceaura Valued Senior Member

I don't - I think if you cared, you would gather information.

I just think it will dominate your posting, as before - because your media feed sources are focused on that, as they have been for your entire tenure here, and so it makes up the bulk of your posting on this forum.

For example, you just now insisted on attempting to explain things like Bolton's firing as rooted in some grand governing or foreign policy strategy of Trump's, which is among the least likely possibilities (he doesn't have one) - it's far more likely to have been rooted in Trump's famous and well-documented dislike of Bolton's mustache, the sober and evidence-backed consensus explanation for his not having appointed Bolton to media visible cabinet office in the first place.

Nice declarations we will have, to go with the others provided over the past couple of years. Token "withdrawals" or some such - especially posited as future events - likewise. Accomplishments - semi-permanent or long term cessations of hostilities, say, other than materially supported by Putin - not so much.
    - - - -
    He is an observer described con man with mob connections. That would imply he temporarily believes his own mouth, whatever he said last. It would also imply that any ambitious and intelligent person willing to be associated with his deals thinks they can manipulate him.

11. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

Gifts of primary cultural significance that are shared as a gesture of good will and collectivism.
    like sharing a meal
    each side brings something to share with the other as a part of their culture

Vs
    2 very high priced teams of people holidaying on the working class poors health and education budget in 5 star restaurants burning aviation fuel like throwing hand towels to starving hurricane victims

i am being extremely polite
    & the cookie cinnamon apple pie looks amazing !

12. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

they always have a nice for themselves declaration afterward it is basic media tooling

"the weather was great, thankfully no rain on the 18th while we threw back some margaritas and played with cheap hookers"

13. Schmelzer Valued Senior Member

Fine, so why you ask me questions about thinks I don't care?
    In general, it is not a good idea to think the enemy is stupid. If you err in the other direction, exaggerating his cleverness, the error usually harmless, underestimating him is often fatal. Up to now, I have seen something which is sufficiently close to a strategy, and this strategy makes even sense from a nationalist point of view. If it is Trump's strategy or the strategy of some deep state forces behind him or simply my ability to make sense of things which seem chaotic to other people does not matter. When I heard about that claim that Trump has said something like if he would have followed Bolton the US would have started several wars (don't remember the number) the question was for me when Bolton will be fired, not if.
    Agreement. His main accomplishments will be of the negative sort - destructing the globalists power tools, especially international soft power - and essentially side effects of overplaying his cards.
    Is Bolton ambitious and intelligent? Has he tried to manipulate him? Was he successful?

14. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

Bolton
    just another dock up ya bay

https://en.radiofarda.com/a/australian-couple-detained-in-iran-are-travel-bloggers-/30160153.html

kidnapped by government secret police ?
    no iran is not a safe place to travel to

why anyone would want to go to iran in the 1st place confuses me.
    its the same as someone wanting to go to WWII nazi germany for a holiday.

15. Write4U Valued Senior Member

I believe Trump is a Seditionist.
    While this term was coined in 1798 by Johm Adams, it was used during WWII to intern Japanese US citizens.

I believe the term is wholly appropriate when applied to Trump's actions.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_and_Sedition_Acts

Note the familiar themes.

IMO, Trump is using this old law to work his will. I believe it is unconstitutional.
    Trump doesn't care. He likes it that way.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019 at 8:12 PM
  16. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

?
    lol

https://www.investopedia.com/news/top-republican-donors/

?
    in your opinion ... ?
    has he drained the swamp people of their votes ?
    yup !

[im waiting for the law-giver-celebrity's react video...?]

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-49703143

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019 at 11:13 PM