Trump's Christmas gift

Discussion in 'Politics' started by birch, Nov 28, 2017.

1. birch Valued Senior Member

A one time tax cut, then tax hikes. Or really a deferral.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Well, this is #WhatTheyVotedFor.

Every bit of human suffering inflicted by the Trump Administration and Congressional Republicans is what they voted for. This is what they want. And when it hurts their children, that, too, is what they want, because blaming others is a ritual of the faith.

It's time everyone else wakes up and admits what it means when someone tells us they are conservative or Republican; they are boasting of their danger.

There are, generally, two meanings given the phrase "death cult", one of which has to do with a strange notion not quite colloquial about customary rules or tendencies regarding how a society countenances the fact of death. And no, we are not, in fact, discussing whether or not to bury our friends with physical goods intended to facilitate them in the next life.

When we say the Republican Party and Conservative Christianity are a Death Cult, what we mean is that they find sacred purpose in causing other people's deaths.

They're dangerous, murderlusting people.

When I was a kid, the heavy metal discussion got so out of hand that eventually people needed reminding of the Satanist Next Door, that the perfectly nice people you know living next door or across the street could be Satanists and you would never know it.

Over the decades, that only recently started changing; Satanists are now sometimes standing up to be counted.

Over the weekend, I guess, the New York Times tried doing the same thing on behalf of Nazis.

Soon enough, we'll need to do the same for American Christians and Republicans.

The difference in all that is a proverbial sad thing. Nobody knows what NYT was after, but it's as true now as it was thirty years ago with Satanists: Not every Christian next door is a bloodthirsty fucking maniac. True, good luck politely figuring out which, or, you know, since they're evangelical, just wait and they'll probably tell you because they're really, really proud of their identity politics. Then again, since the Satanists were, at the time, explicitly declaring themselves harmless, I'm not certain contemporary identification of "Christian" or "Republican" in these United States should be similarly received, given how those identities are so often intended as threats.

I don't know, do you remember how, through recent decades, empowerment majorities like "whites", "men", and "Christians", have pushed the idea that being forbidden supremacy under law makes them the real victims of hatred and discrimination? Well, now we're getting to see what we've long known they always meant. There wasn't any real doubt about what was coming, was there? This is #WhatTheyVotedFor.

In my own life it's already come true that I no longer know a Trump voter. Every Trump supporter I know says they didn't vote for him, and then goes on to explain why they did. Their vote was a massive antisocial outcry; if they cannot abuse other people, then they are abused; if society is not subject to them, then they do not wish to take part; if they are not superior, then they are not equal.

It is as if these faithful would raise the Devil itself if only because then they get to hold out hope they weren't wrong to believe in gods and devils.

The great contest appears to be shaping up between humanity's alleged social tendencies, and the necessary freedom of the antisocial suicide pact. These people do not actually wish to participate in civilized society; they demand to own and define it. And, yes, the Christians and Christianists ostensibly pursue the end of the world as we know it, so it's true there are days I look around at what's going on and wonder what people expect when they put the Armageddon crew in charge alongside the suicide pact.

Quantum Quack and Xelasnave.1947 like this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. birch Valued Senior Member

trump and the gop voted for themselves. the tax cuts means less money for government equals less 'big' government which is what the rich want. with less money, they can use the excuse to go after medicare, social security etc. also, it's a trickle-down beating as it hits the middle-class the hardest. it wasn't just the poor who voted them in, it was the middle-class. the middle-class eye on attacking/blaming the poor, disenfranchised, disabled etc is what gave the gop the advantage to screw everyone with the voters approval. even the middle-class is too subservient to look at where the problem may really lie or too afraid to so they attack the next in line as in the easiest. this is pure capitalism in action.

cluelusshusbund likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. birch Valued Senior Member

how can you have any respect for a public or society that has such poor judgement or even taste that they would elect trump? even bernie was a better and even obvious better option and the americans did not want that.

no way. i always had the eerie sense i was living in the wrong universe. i don't know what the hell this place is.

8. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I question how can you criticize "a public or society" as a whole when not everyone votes.
    I do not understand why compulsory voting is not in your system.
    If everyone voted that would be a genuine representation...Trump may have done better or worse but I suspect he probably would not have won.
    I suppose compulsory voting would be viewed as an intrusion on one rights but to have a system that rewards the party who can herd the most voters to the poll is not the best democracy can deliver.
    How many more minorities would vote if they had to.
    Alex

9. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Voter turn out rates are low for all demographics. Voter turn out for white and black voters in the US is almost identical.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!