Trumps to-do list...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cluelusshusbund, Nov 9, 2016.

1. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Are you asking me? - How do I know what?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

because none the less these people tend to switch their votes around.

Was not saying that was your fault, I was saying you and your ilks demonizing scared away voters.

You certain seem more incline to call them names then to debate on economic policy.

Oh there is lots of blame to go around, first and formost was anyone that voted for Clinton in the primaries, second goes to people like you.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Not in response to reason and discussion and so forth, that contradicts their inculcated worldview. Unless you are talking about some different crowd than you described (the "independents", self-identified) The best you can hope for, in a given campaign, from those entrained in the Fox and CNN and Limbaugh mudslide, is that these "independents" stay home.

There are of course many reasonable "conservative" voters, who can be persuaded. But for them, and this is just my experience of course, weaseling around with one's vocabulary is visible and not impressive to them. Treat adults as adults, and they return the favor, is my experience. Of course, you have to be able to do that.
    But me and my ilk never demonize - as you made very clear in your description, a whole list of things I have never done or thought in my life.
    Nonsense. Where do you get that from? Not my posting here. (As noted, you do tend to confuse analysis and description with namecalling, but that's your problem - and one you got straight from the propaganda operations of the authoritarian Right).
    So you still haven't figured out what people like me are like.

Ok: The first step for you would be recognizing what the people who voted for Trump are like, and why they are like that. That will require you give up on the notion that they are or ever have been paying any attention to "people like me", ever in their lives. And if you cannot give up the notion that they were reacting to "people like me" - in any way - you will remain severely handicapped in that respect.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.