Tunisie: What do Americans, or, sciforumers in general, know about tunisia?

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Shadow1, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

are you all so fucking sick?????????????????
    omg!
    i'm so out of here!!!!!

will never come back..

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

See you tomorrow then

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Chipz Banned Banned

Captain Kremman, the US State Department is significantly less harsh regarding Tunisia.
    http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1045.html

"There have been no instances in which U.S. citizens or facilities in Tunisia have been subject to terrorist attacks."

"Al-Qaida terrorists used a truck bomb to attack a synagogue on the Tunisian island of Djerba and a number of Western tourists were killed. Tunisian nationals have been involved in international terrorism, and international terrorist organizations have on multiple occasions called for attacks in North Africa, including Tunisia."

It paints a story of a stable nation bordering pseudo-states which harbor terrorism that can on occasion (and against the will of Tunisia) spill into its borders. I believe the poor perceptions of Tunis is due to its number of home-grown Arab nationalists which join terrorists organizations. As a general rule it seems: Tunisia is more tolerant towards religious minorities (including Jews) than its ethnic neighbors, or at least has been for about 20 years. They're undoubtedly an Islamic nation with stricter adherence to religious law than any European country is to Christian principals, and their punishments are relatively "unjust".

That said, Tunisia is decreasingly extremist in its behavior. Its youth citizens are increasingly tolerant and integrated into the western world. I still would never want to visit...then again...I wouldn't want to visit SPAIN either. : )

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

fu-k u

8. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

i'm againt your saying that tunisia is an extreme country, and against you of saying that tunisians are invoqued in terrorism, well, few, but they are in prisons.

well, why am i talking... that wan't do a sh*t, you'll always keep thinking the same way..................................................

9. Chipz Banned Banned

Well Shadow1...have you ever been to a country like say; Germany, the US, Britain, or Sweden for any period of time? It would be hard to judge the differences in extremism if you hadn't. Those of us fortunate enough to have been born in one have a hard time imagining living in a more restrictive society. Culturally - all of us in these countries have instilled in us a disgust for freedom restriction. In many (most) Arab countries and other less..."free"...nations, the concept of relinquishing personal freedom for social peace is reasonable. Fundamentally, there is a huge disagreement.

I might cite the difference in proselytizing.
    It's illegal in Tunisia to proselytize for Christians - Christians can make no attempt to convert Muslims to Christianity.
    In European countries and the US, it's legal for ANY religion or cult to proselytize publicly.

The nuance of difference is "rights". In the US for better or for worse, it's a persons right to "speak freely" and it's everyone else's right to "not listen". In Tunisia, a person cannot say whatever they like freely.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  10. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

yes, i have been to france, and it's no big difference...
    no, it's not illegal for christians to do that you said.
    speak anything, but the contry politics.

11. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Oh, you've learned some bad manners in your time on here Shadow.
    You were such a good boy when you first arrived.

It wasn't me who was saying Tunisia has got Terrorists, it was the British Home Ofice. What I know about Tunisia you could write on a postage stamp.

Please don't say fukk u to me any more.:bawl:
    It's very hurtful.

12. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

What's the big deal with having terrorists anyway?

Britain's got Terrorists. And Gangsters. And Drug Barons. And Murderers. And Pedo rings. And Sex Slave traffickers.
    We've got all that. Probably far more than Tunisia.
    It's still not a bad place to live.

You are restricted in what you can discuss.
    I understand that, but it isn't my fault is it?
    It isn't wise for you to engage in threads which are specifically about Tunisia,
    and doubly unwise for you to start one.

If you thought you could start a thread on the country,
    and that all people were going to talk about was Art and Progress, and the lovely scenery, you were mistaken.
    You can't make yourself a censor on what people on here say.

You have sworn at me twice, and I think you should apologise.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  13. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

I know that Shadow01 is a proud citizen of said country.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!