Tv

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by GRO$$, Apr 2, 2002.

1. GRO$$ Registered Senior Member

Great point, Cactus Jack, i like you idea

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Great relation to business kmguru, I think i might bring it up in my business class sometimes

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kmguru Staff Member

Some of the best practices and methodology (such as SEI-CMM) does include "mentoring" process, but they are usually provided lip service. How can one provide "mentoring" service without a mentor?

TV does try to potray social issues but when it comes to understanding the critical issues, writers often do not have any funking idea about the subject matter. Even in news programs, sometimes the so called experts show up to blab stuff that has nothing to do with real situation. Bottomline: Viewer beware...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

Right, don't play passive observer. But don't give up on T.V. all together. We are children of the digital age, we have learned sort and process information. Pollux will get a kick out of this saying if he reads this, but): Analyse, Synthesize, and Present.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Neutrino_Albatross Legion of Dynamic Discord Registered Senior Member

I like Monty Pythons Flying Circus, and The Prisoner (oddly enough both shows not only went off the air over ten years before I was born but they are both British and im American so I have to watch them on DVD)

8. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

"I told 'em we allready got one" (ridiculous French Accent)

9. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Can we see it?

10. ogster Registered Member

there are some good points of tv, but there are also lots of bad points. wathcing tv in the gain of knoledge is very good, but how would a child learn to read? b4 tv became in everday household, books where widly used, not now. and people wonder why this genration has poor english abbitlies (as myself). i used to watch a lot of tv, now i try not to watch it as much.

watching tv, only expands the mind as long the program lasts. as soon as that program has finshed, another starts.but if u were to read 2 books, ur mind would have advanced a lot more.

i more and more see kids on the street, i do not think this is right, and tv is one of the big reasons for this. i could go on, but i wont.

as in life, to much tv is bad, and the wrong tv is even worce!

11. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

Too much of anything is bad.

12. Lesion42 Deranged Hermit Registered Senior Member

hmm... Yup.

Perfect.

13. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

All the good cartoons are gone...