TV's back!!!

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by superstring01, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Obviously there are 5, you silly muffin. For each season duh... Although again, the stories are different....The new book is about cannibalism, and so far there is no indication in the series that it is coming up...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I reject your homology of seasons, Sir! No children of the foul Moloch have emerged thus far - nor cults of same - and it is Season Five already, I shall have you know! The press shall not go ignorant of your infernal perfidity, Sir! I shall write to Parliament of you!

Harumph harumph!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

The Walking Dead is officially one of my favorite shows. I don't like it as much as Fringe, but it's probably second or third on my list.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superstring01 Moderator

I love Fringe. I'm also starting to hate Glee. It's getting lame. Hawaii 5-0 is still pretty good. Star Gate Universe continues to disappoint, though I was happy to see Dr. Rush's little ruse come to an end. He should have been blown out of an airlock for that. If the ship had a real CDR he would have been.

Best new show this year is Law & Order | UK. And, there's rumor of a crossover episode with the NYC cast.

~String

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Another Dead tonight.

Starting to wish I hadn't read the comic book. Bugger.

9. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

The first few episodes of Glee were some of the funniest TV episodes I've ever seen. And I don't even like musicals and dancing. After that, they started to veer off into teen angst, pregnancies and crap like that. My wife still loves it, but I lost interest.

I'm waiting for V, Torchwood and Doctor Who to come back...

10. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

I have the TPB's of "dead"...And yeah, it is cool to see it on screen.

I missed the first two episodes.. But luckily they showed those, and the newest one last night..I'm all caught up now..I agree, great show.

11. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

Another show I like is Ancient Aliens on The History Channel. I know that a lot of it is pure speculation, but it's sure fun to watch.

12. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Points On the Curve

That only stokes my frustration with Comcast. I happened to miss last week's episode for unforeseen circumstances, and it never posted On Demand. Indeed, I checked again today, and they've cleared out all past episodes except the one where Chloe keeps blacking out ... I think that's the October 19 episode.

Oh, well. It'll turn up eventually. Sounds like an important point on the story arc.

• • •​

Meanwhile, I'm vaguely pleased with The Event. Don't get me wrong, it sucks. But it sucks in a way I can deal with. Perhaps that's because it seems like each episode is written ad hoc, as if the writers realize late in the process that a scene doesn't make sense without some background, so they jam in a flashback like a bad Family Guy cutaway.

13. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Glee makes me want to burn down the nearest high school. But then I despise musicals. Mostly I hate it because I (rightly) avoided it from the outset, only to be hounded by friends who insisted that it was the funniest show ever. So then I watched an episode and instantly wanted REVENGE. Upside was that said friends were sitting next to me watching it, so I got to turn and give them the whole icy-stare-plus-slight-head-shake every time another cloying song broke out.

The only redeeming thing about it is the 30 seconds of snarky comments from Jane Lynch each episode, and even those have been weak the last times I've caught them (what needs to happen is the resurrection of Party Down, with Lynch back on the cast, ASAP).

But I do have to admit that if I were the sort of gay man who loves showtunes and musicals in general, then Glee might well be the greatest prime time show I'd ever seen. And I admit a perverse desire to go check out the first few episodes to see if it was actually originally as good as people said, or if they've just been covering their asses once they realized what an awful recommendation they'd made to me.

14. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I see "Human Target" is back tonight. Love that one! And the season premiere of "Burn Notice" already aired.

Still waiting impatiently for the next season of "Breaking Bad," the best non-comedy non-dancing show on TV.

15. superstring01 Moderator

I just discovered two new (well, new to me) shows:

Both are great shows. The League is probably the funniest thing I've seen all year.

~String

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I am seriously addicted to that show. LOVE it!

17. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Hey, Orly! Fan too, eh? The comics are good also; not totally spoilerific, either, which is nice.