U.F.O. spotted. Possible explanations?

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by John cela, Dec 6, 2015.

1. John cela Registered Member

Hello everyone,
    I recently witnessed a bright light moving across the sky. No beacon lights. Speed was no faster than a passenger plane. It was brighter than a satillite. The object was easily noticable the moment it came in my view. It moved, unchanged for about 10 seconds and then slowly faded to disappear. I'd say both were 75° degrees from the horizon.
    Tonight was the second time I have witnessed this light. The first was about 3 weeks ago. I saw it again tonight and it prompted me to look for an explanation. The first night, the object moved Southeast to Northwest. Tonight it moved North to South. The magnitude and speed were similar.
    Forgive me, I can't remember the exact date of the first sighting, exept it was about 3 weeks ago. I do know it was after 10pm. The second was tonight, 12/5/2015. Between 7p and 7:30p. New Madison, Ohio
    Any help is appriciated. Thank you.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

You saw the international space station. It was visible on Dec 5 from 7:08 to 7:11 from New Madison. It is quite impressive.
    You can find out when the ISS is visible (and lots of other cool info) at heavens-above.com.

Keep looking up.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John cela Registered Member

Ahhh! Thanks for the information. Me and my girlfriend thought about that being the explanation. It was the light fading that struck me as odd. So we counted it out.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Glad to help, and welcome to the forum.

8. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

9. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

The only flare at New Madison on the 5th was at 6:20 pm.

10. billvon Valued Senior Member

If it's a satellite it will tend to turn reddish before it fades out due to the effect of the atmosphere on the sunlight hitting the satellite.