UFO picks up Laconia, NH car with teens and drops 180 feet away

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by jeremiah, Oct 23, 2010.

1. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

Their fear does not preclude the actual events they perceived. Although I am a firm believed in UFO, as I have witnessed one, their encounter could very well be just a psychological perception from a crash into a stop sign for example.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Seriously, has no adult ever told you about the Examiner?" They will always publish *any* kind of garbage that no other media would even touch! They've run stories like alien bodies discovered and a 2-year-old girl giving birth.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. billvon Valued Senior Member

Occam's Razor applies.

Much simpler explanation: Two teenagers are driving and fooling around. Maybe they've had a few beers, done some drugs. He pays more attention to her than the road and they hit the curb at 30mph; they get launched into the air a bit before hitting the pavement. Airbags fire, windshield cracks, lots of damage to the car. Teenagers are both dazed. Boy has a cut on his hand, girl's hand nearly goes through the dash. "What just happened?" asks the girl, who wasn't paying any more attention to the road than the boy was.

Then they start rationalizing. "oh shit you didn't just run my mom's car into the curb did you? Shit shit! We are so dead!"
    "No! I didn't, I swear! Something made me swerve!"
    "What? What made you swerve?"
    "I don't know. Didn't you feel that floating sensation right after we hit?"
    "Yeah, I did. What was that?"
    "And remember that cloud you saw in front of the moon? Maybe it wasn't a cloud."
    "It wasn't? Yeah, maybe it wasn't! I saw it move. Weren't those two people abducted by a UFO around here in the 60's? They were in their car too!"
    "Totally! And this cut on my hand - maybe they were, like, sampling me! See? The accident wasn't my fault! That's what we can tell your mom."

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mazulu Banned Banned

I think they came into contact with a hallucinogenic; maybe someone slipped them some acid. I would prefer to inspect the physical damage to the car. I believe in UFO's too, but this doesn't sound like a real encounter.

8. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Would they rush back home if that was the case? Do two on acid experience similar experiences at same time?
    No personal experience with it myself.