UFOs (UAPs): Explanations?

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Here's what happened in that near collision incident and its aftermath:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "At this point the pilots said they speculated that the objects were part of some classified and extremely advanced drone program.

But then pilots began seeing the objects. In late 2014, Mr Graves said, he was back at base in Virginia Beach when he encountered a squadron mate just back from a mission “with a look of shock on his face.”

He said he was stunned to hear the pilot’s words. “I almost hit one of those things,” the pilot told Mr Graves.

The pilot and his wingman were flying in tandem about 100 feet apart over the Atlantic east of Virginia Beach when something flew between them, right past the cockpit. It looked to the pilot, Mr Graves said, like a sphere encasing a cube.

The incident so spooked the squadron that an aviation flight safety report was filed, Mr Graves said.

The near miss, he and other pilots interviewed said, angered the squadron and convinced members that the objects were not part of a classified drone program. Government officials would know fighter pilots were training in the area, they reasoned, and would not send drones to get in the way.

“It turned from a potentially classified drone program to a safety issue,” Mr Graves said. “It was going to be a matter of time before someone had a midair” collision.

What was strange, the pilots said, was that the video showed objects accelerating to hypersonic speed, making sudden stops and instantaneous turns — something beyond the physical limits of a human crew."--- https://www.todayonline.com/world/wow-what-us-navy-pilots-report-unexplained-flying-objects
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Regular jet plane" my ass!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

From the report

"These things would be out there all day"

Really??? And no clear cut photo, video, inferred image, radar blip etc etc?

Edited to add

No - Operations are suspended until we have a much clearer idea / picture of what we are dealing with. What safety issues these, what ever they are, pose

Do not want any news paper headline screaming "UFOs ARE REAL. PICTURES INSIDE OF CRASH WRECKAGE" and one of our aircraft being part of that crash wreckage

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Three videos of these things were unclassified and released by the U.S. Navy. Not good enough? There were a total of 141 cases not explainable but not released. The truth is out there.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Certainly not good enough for the news media to bother including it in their article.
    And it's gotta be pretty worthless for the media to consider it worthless.

8. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

9. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

10. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Those videos have already been posted many times in this thread. It's not my job to keep you up on what's already been posted.

11. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Perhaps I missed it. Be a doll and point me at this one:

"The pilot and his wingman were flying in tandem about 100 feet apart over the Atlantic east of Virginia Beach when something flew between them, right past the cockpit. It looked to the pilot, Mr Graves said, like a sphere encasing a cube."

Because I don't recall seeing this. And I've been paying pretty close attention. Do you recall seeing this video?

See, I think you are (possibly inadvertently) conflating multiple independent accounts. That's why it's critical to have the article and video in the same context. And, more to the point, if they are not, it's a pretty crummy article. What makes it crummy is that it fools the willing not believing they are all the same thing.

12. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I posted those 3 videos you were dismissing. That's what we are talking about. Why do you think there is a video of the near collision incident? Have you searched for it online? Good luck because I haven't found one.

13. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Because you said so. This is in direct response to the article you posted:

The very article that said
    "These things would be out there all day"

"The pilot and his wingman were flying in tandem about 100 feet apart over the Atlantic east of Virginia Beach when something flew between them, right past the cockpit. It looked to the pilot, Mr Graves said, like a sphere encasing a cube."
    and

Yet, in the same breath you yourself admit there is no such video.

You've now made it clear that you are conflating multiple independent incidents, erroneously concluding they are the same. If you didn't know it, at best it's flawed logic and very poor analysis. If you did know it, you are deliberately misrepresenting the evidence.

14. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Move on troll. I have no interest in setting straight your deficient reading comprehension.

15. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

As expected, no response then. This is a thread about posting and analysis of UFOs/UAPs etc. Analysis is what this thread is about.

You have made a self-contradictory claim. I literally quoted from an article you posted and you responded saying these videos were released. When challenged, you said they don't exist.

:reported for knowingly making false claims:

16. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

The three videos have been released. I directed you to numerous media sources you can view them. I also pointed out they have already been posted in this thread, A never made any claim that there is a video of the near collision incident. There isn't one. You're just making shit up to get me banned. Good luck with that troll..

17. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

No you didn't.

Every post from 5941 has been directly and immediately triggered by the contents of your post 5941. In case there is any doubt whatever about that, note that every one of them starts with direct and traceable quotes leading back to it.

Michael: (quoting from the article) "These things would be out there all day" Really??? And no clear cut photo, video, inferred image, radar blip etc etc?

You: "Three videos of these things were unclassified and released by the U.S. Navy."

I challenge this. There is no video of these things from the article. You actually said so yourself. You directly contradicted yourself:

Did you do this out of feeblemindedness, or out of dishonesty? I'll let you choose.

18. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Quick ask of Mr Google few key words turned up

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/26/us/politics/ufo-sightings-navy-pilots.html

That got my attention Dave. ALL day to organise a investigation and pull in off duty personal to act as spotters, all day to co-ordinate ground radar, all day to do so so so much

What do we have, next to zilch

19. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Move along troll..I'm not wasting my time with you.

20. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Reported for making knowingly contradictory statements (in normal parlance that's called a lie) and then vexatiously refusing to follow it up.

Pro-tip: 'Troll' does not mean what you think it means. And for that reason, it's a pretty vacuous attempt at an insult. It makes you look like a fool, since readers know who is adopting trollish behavior here.

21. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

The Pentagon appointed a commission to investigate these incidents and released a thorough report on them back in June. What else were they supposed to do? At least they're being honest when they say they don't know what they are.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
  22. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

The Pentagon's hands are tied, if the pilots - who apparently ate lunch while the UAPs were "out there all day" - couldn't manage to get good shots of them.
    You would have thought the skipper of the carrier would have tried harder if they're buzzing his craft all day.

This incident - if it happened as reported - had the promise to bust the UAP mystery wide open once and for all. But nope. As Michael said: 'next to zilch'. Based on this spectacular fail, we have no reason to expect anything new or compelling from the military for another 60 years.

23. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

The following History Channel program excerpt provides some good background on Lt. Ryan Graves' and other pilots' difficulty in coming forward about the UAPs. There's a culture of mockery and disbelief in the Navy surrounding them that discourages pilots from reporting them. Hopefully that will change since the release of the Pentagon report and the recent issue of new procedures for reporting UAPS.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2022